The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Carson Focht | C

elvis15

I know this is pretty much the best of the rest type group for Canada, but it's also nice that he's on the top line for this. Maybe he has a strong season and squeaks into a spot when the World Juniors come or is the first replacement player should someone get injured.

On 8/1/2019 at 6:01 PM, NUCKER67 said:

So, if Focht plays in Utica one day and develops and finally gets a shot with the big team. I hope this is the headline:

FOCHT UP WITH THE CANUCKS

lol

I don’t get it. Explain please? Are we using his name to mean something else?

:frantic:

Edited by NHL'er

Watching him play he kinda reminds me of Tyler Madden when he started to get noticed. Speed and skill was evident, as well as compete. 

Hope he goes off this year in the WHL, and develops into a how did he get picked so late kinda guy.

• Cheers 1

Carson is a lock for Team Canada...even as an overager that is quite something.

Focht was used on the PK and on the PP, he was the first line center and he only lost one draw (that I saw)....he can wheel and he can deal...

...and he will be ready in a year or 2 instead of 3-4 years for most late picks.

Kid reminds me of a faster Burrows with a bit of (hate to say it) Kesler thrown in....

• Cheers 4

Focht ends the tournament with 3GP - 1G - 1A.

And he's already friends with Woo: https://hitmenhockey.com/article/scratching-the-surface

The early off-season acquisition of one of Focht’s close friends, defenceman Jett Woo, has added more excitement of what the team can do to build off the success of last season.

“Having Jett join our group is awesome and I was thrilled when I heard the news,” he said. “’We’ve talked a lot about this upcoming year and looking forward to going through this journey together to make a push to win.

“I’ve been working hard to improve my game to help the team out, adding a lot more explosiveness in my skating to push the play and pace. I want create a lot of chances, be a hound on the defensive end and reliable in all situations.

Edited by GoldenAlien
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Kinda get that feeling about a number of prospects in the system over the past 3 drafts honestly.

Time will tell but Focht looks good.  If the organization's success in drafting over the past few years only yields an NHL player or two per draft but ensures we have a strong farm club that competes year in and year out ensuring our future prospects grow in a winning culture it will be an absolute win over time for this org 

You’re right Hippy.  JB said that we are going to replace current support players, as they age out or become too expensive, with our prospects.  The next decade looks really good.  :towel:

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SergioMomesso said:

If this kid keeps improving and impressing the brass, nobody will care about the first rounder JB will surrender in one of the next two drafts. 

We will always miss a first rounder .Because he drafts so well , it makes it that much more valuable.  

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/3/2019 at 8:37 AM, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Carson is a lock for Team Canada...even as an overager that is quite something.

Focht was used on the PK and on the PP, he was the first line center and he only lost one draw (that I saw)....he can wheel and he can deal...

...and he will be ready in a year or 2 instead of 3-4 years for most late picks.

Kid reminds me of a faster Burrows with a bit of (hate to say it) Kesler thrown in....

If you are talking about talent or playing style , you shouldn't hate to say it . Hate him or not,  he was one , if not the best 2 way forward in Canucks draft history.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2