The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Arturs Silovs | G

2 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Incredible the kids played one game this season ( for Winnipeg ) and sat on the bench as a back up.

The question posed was which one will be the better goalie a couple of years down the road and not where they are at now. Unless you have a crystal ball hidden away somewhere, there is no way to definitively  judge what level their game may be at two years from now

21 hours ago, Harvey Specter said:

I hope Silovs enjoys the game from the bench. He has worked his way up the depth charts through such an unconventional year!

Hopefully they change his Game-Issued jersey's namebar before the next game! :unsure:

What a bummer for the kid, though.  Gets to dress for his first ever NHL game, the stuff memories are made of (even though he is just going to be gatekeeper) .... must have been excited as all get go

..................................................... then they mis-spell his name

5 minutes ago, Googlie said:

What a bummer for the kid, though.  Gets to dress for his first ever NHL game, the stuff memories are made of (even though he is just going to be gatekeeper) .... must have been excited as all get go

..................................................... then they mis-spell his name

Well at least the pay is better even if it may be short lived. He will get his chance someday.

• Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

Well don't leave us hangin'..what in Gawd's name did he do?!

Maybe he’s improved on Louis Domingue’s baking? Silovs’ Taxi Squad Confections could be putting Domingue’s Bubble Bakery to shame. I hear Arturs’ banana bread is the bomb and his chocolate chip cookies are to die for. ;) 

• Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually think that at some point in the next year, Canucks will trade DiPietro to improve in other areas and will focus on Silovs as the goalie of the future.

Nothing against Mikey, but I think this kid has just as much upside and he's 2 years younger, so they can afford to give him more time to mature and dominate in Abbotsford.

Watch for them to bring Koskenvuo over next season, so they can start working with him in Abbotsford, more directly.

21 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I actually think that at some point in the next year, Canucks will trade DiPietro to improve in other areas and will focus on Silovs as the goalie of the future.

Nothing against Mikey, but I think this kid has just as much upside and he's 2 years younger, so they can afford to give him more time to mature and dominate in Abbotsford.

Watch for them to bring Koskenvuo over next season, so they can start working with him in Abbotsford, more directly.

He's committed to Harvard for 3 years to get his degree (per his interview on 650 post-draft)

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1