The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aidan McDonough | #25 | LW

33 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

Okay I just read thru this thread and im all on the mcdonough train. Im here for it, lets go with this kid. That shot is insane

This kid could be one of the biggest steals of his draft class considering where he was picked:

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

This kid could be one of the biggest steals of his draft class considering where he was picked:

He’s pretty big too.  Benning is collecting a group of young guys, who are all going to compete for spots, and then for ice time.  

1 hour ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Not sure where the BS started but the Canucks hold his rights till the 15th of Aug 2023. Check it out in CapFriendly Canucks reserve list.

Oh thank god!

I thought it was too soon to already be losing his rights. Thought it might have something to do with him being an overager or something.

That bummed me out cause I have high hopes for this guy. Thanks for clearing that up!

• Cheers 2

18 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Oh thank god!

I thought it was too soon to already be losing his rights. Thought it might have something to do with him being an overager or something.

That bummed me out cause I have high hopes for this guy. Thanks for clearing that up!

I know right I was the same. YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME MOMENT!!!

all better now tho lol

• Cheers 1

On 5/31/2021 at 10:09 AM, 204CanucksFan said:

I didn't see anyone post this here so I'd thought I throw it up, it's only a month and half late lol. Chris Faber at CanucksArmy did a very good break down of McDonough for their prospect countdown and in it he seems to be very confident that he is returning to Northeastern next year.

https://canucksarmy.com/2021/04/09/canucks-prospects-rankings-7-aidan-mcdonoughs-shot-ready-pro-hockey-rounding-out-rest-game-ncaa/

As he should.  He has developed well there.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

2 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Watched this video about a dozen times. Still trying to figure out how he scored that many goals from between the goal line and the bottom of the circle. Hopefully he keeps getting better as a skater, he was noticeably more explosive and faster this season compared to his freshman year, so we get him in the lineup and taking those shots on our PP2.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Not this year, but yes, I think they will sign him, either in 2022 or 2023.

Oh my bad. I read that the Canucks had his rights until August of this year

If it’s 2023, then we got lots of time. Hopefully they’ll sign him sooner rather than waiting to the last minute