The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Aidan McDonough | #25 | LW

Fraud isn't a big deal until you get caught. Then you're looking at big losses in potential sponsorships. 

This was more prevalent in high school basketball. 

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much an elite skating coach charges for their services? 

Enquire at Skate Canada or Hockey Canada (Hockey Skills Academy)

Seriously!

Edited by janisahockeynut
  • Huggy Bear 1

The NCAA has just lost a case in court about the rights of players to market themselves. I tend to think there's going to be some major chnages in their control. This is aimed mostly for Football where biliions are made by universities each season. Michigan State has a full 109,000 seat arena and most of the big schools have the same, Notre Dame, U of Michigan and the likes of Alabama Crimson tide etc. All sorts of inducement, cars etc to sign.Parents paid off

• Cheers 1

17 hours ago, janisahockeynut said:

Enquire at Skate Canada or Hockey Canada (Hockey Skills Academy)

Seriously!

Did Horvat google skating coach and settle on Skate Canada? I was wondering about an elite coach, not an off the shelf coach I could find for my kid.

Edited by Playoff Beered
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Playoff Beered said:

Did Horvat google skating coach and settle on Skate Canada? I was wondering about an elite coach, not an off the shelf coach I could find for my kid.

I thought we were starting a GoFundMe for one of our prospects. Now to self: if we do, don't let @Playoff Beered manage the money. 

6 hours ago, Playoff Beered said:

You did not specify......sorry! But these guys do have coaches up to Olympic level 

But specifically, I do not know who Bo used.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:53 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

So what are the real implications of this ruling then?

I don't know frankly. One yhing i am watching for is the NCAA raiding the CHL. Prior to this they considered the CHL to be a Pro sport, that might chnage. We'll all just need to wait and see ho far some lawyer is likely to challenge the old ways

• Cheers 1

12 hours ago, Fred65 said:

I don't know frankly. One yhing i am watching for is the NCAA raiding the CHL. Prior to this they considered the CHL to be a Pro sport, that might chnage. We'll all just need to wait and see ho far some lawyer is likely to challenge the old ways

I don't think the sponsorship agreement will change that. The NCAA considered the CHL pro because players with pro-contracts (guys who have signed theit ELCs) can play in the CHL and receive their signing bonuses.

12 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I don't think the sponsorship agreement will change that. The NCAA considered the CHL pro because players with pro-contracts (guys who have signed theit ELCs) can play in the CHL and receive their signing bonuses.

Plus of course they get free food and accomodation in their billets and don't they get a small stipend by the clubs ?