Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] The Key UFA Signing


Recommended Posts

With the acquisition of JT Miller, it would be perfect if the Canucks land Anders Lee in free agency.  Our top 6 would look like:

 

Boeser-Petey-Lee

Pearson-Bo-Miller

 

Other than Petey, there's a top 6 that is big, heavy, and strong.  Built solidly for playoff hockey.

 

When Podkolzin is ready, Pearson goes on the 3rd line...

 

Boeser-Petey-Podkolzin

Miller-Bo-Lee

Pearson-Gaudette-Virtanen

 

That's a top 9 to be reckoned with.

  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If this year's playoffs showed us anything - it's that you're going nowhere without depth on every defence pairing.  This hasn't been addressed for our club.

What it also showed is you don't need a lot of exceptional defencemen.  You need a couple very good ones supported by 4 or 5 solid defensive defencemen.  

 

A strong and powerful forward group that can forecheck like there is no tomorrow means most of the game gets played in the offensive zone.

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we go all in on Panarin and Gardiner

 

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

 

Edler - Gardiner

Hughes - xxxx/Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

That’s a pretty good group. Would like to get an upgrade on Tanev if we have the money though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we get Panarin  at 7 x 11 we have a legit top 6.  Sign Myers 5x6 and I feel we are a playoff team

 

Panarin-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller  

Rousel-Sutter-Virtanen 

Leivo-Beagle-Motte 

Gaudette

 

Edler-Tanev  

Myers-Stecher  

Hughes-Shenn

Hutton-Joulevi 

 

Markstom

Demko 

 

Baertschi, Spooner,Schaller,Goldobin,Eriksson dealt for futures, waived, burried in Utica.

 

Great top line, very good 2nd line, solid bottom 6

Average D, better than last year, not ideal though

Solid goaltending

 

Edler, Sutter and Perarson come off the books when Hughes/EP need resigned.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Pears said:

I think we go all in on Panarin and Gardiner

 

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

 

Edler - Gardiner

Hughes - xxxx/Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

That’s a pretty good group. Would like to get an upgrade on Tanev if we have the money though. 

Too funny,  you posted this as I was typing out the same scenario  

  • Cheers 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

If this year's playoffs showed us anything - it's that you're going nowhere without depth on every defence pairing.  This hasn't been addressed for our club.

It’s gotten worse in that Edler & Tanev are both a year older.  No Guds being the enforcer back there either.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, BCNate said:

If we get Panarin  at 7 x 11 we have a legit top 6.  Sign Myers 5x6 and I feel we are a playoff team

 

Panarin-EP-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Miller  

Rousel-Sutter-Virtanen 

Leivo-Beagle-Motte 

Gaudette

 

Edler-Tanev  

Myers-Stecher  

Hughes-Shenn

Hutton-Joulevi 

 

Markstom

Demko 

 

Baertschi, Spooner,Schaller,Goldobin,Eriksson dealt for futures, waived, burried in Utica.

 

Great top line, very good 2nd line, solid bottom 6

Average D, better than last year, not ideal though

Solid goaltending

 

Edler, Sutter and Perarson come off the books when Hughes/EP need resigned.  

 

Pretty sure Panarin won't go anywhere without Bobrovsky, and we aren't signing them both. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, BCNate said:

 

Average D, better than last year, not ideal though

 

We can cross our fingers for help going into the playoffs though (notice I didn't say "if" on the playoffs. :rolleyes:).  Tryamkin? Woo? Some surprise moving up faster and stronger than we thought he would through Utica. A trade.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Pretty sure Panarin won't go anywhere without Bobrovsky, and we aren't signing them both. 

yah that would get a bit pricey.. might convince Tram & the new guy to get over here sooner than later tho huh? might even help Goldy pick up his game.. 

 

dare to dream.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2019 at 10:52 PM, Dombrova22 said:

Pretty sure Panarin won't go anywhere without Bobrovsky, and we aren't signing them both. 

What are they, Swedish twins?  Other than Florida, which sound like the likely landing spot, which teams that need a #1 goalie have 20 mill in cap space for the long term?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2019 at 3:01 PM, Pears said:

I think we go all in on Panarin and Gardiner

 

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Miller

Roussel - Gaudette - Virtanen

Motte - Beagle - MacEwen

 

Edler - Gardiner

Hughes - xxxx/Tanev

Juolevi - Stecher

 

Markstrom

Demko

 

That’s a pretty good group. Would like to get an upgrade on Tanev if we have the money though. 

If we magically got the best dman and best winger and most dynamic forward available in free agency that would be quite the feat, and very expensive.

 

as much as I’d like to see a top line of 

Panarin-EP40-Boeser

 

its rather soft and there is no guy on the line to retrieve pucks and have a heavy body you know. I’m sure some games / shifts all stacked would be good when pressing for a goal, power play, playing a team like Tampa etc. 

 

but it would be nice if a balanced top 6 was needed we could easily run:

 

Panarin-EP40-Miller

Pearson-Horvat-Boeser

Baerstchi-Sutter-Leivo

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

 

im also starting to wonder if Gaudette starts the year in Utica playing big big minutes if no Sutter move comes 

 

and ifwe got gardiner I’d try and get Benn too and  I’d run d pairings:

 

Gardiner-Tanev

Edler-Stecher

Hughes-Benn

 

but realistically it’s looking like Myers and Nyquist will be our UFA targets and nemeth as a temp left side guy till Juolevi is good to go 

 

running:

 

Miller-EP40-Boeser

Pearson-Horvat-Nyquist

Baerstchi-Sutter-Leivo

Roussel-Beagle-Virtanen

 

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Nemeth-Stecher

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/22/2019 at 4:11 PM, DownUndaCanuck said:

Edler has been steadily declining

Stats say otherwise.  He improved dramatically defensively in 18 (he was pretty dismal in that regard for a bit there) and he improved his ppg significantly in 19.  If he hadn't been injured, the guy was on pace to get 50 points.

 

I have no idea which Edler we will see for these two years, but I hope it is the Edler we HAVE seen lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...