The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Revised Depth Chart Post free Agency

20 hours ago, Wanless said:

Granlund, goldobin and leivo are RFAs so they will likely walk.

I could see a possible buyout of Spooner or Schaller

Sutter will stay at least until the deadline

If there is room Motte should be resigned

Motte and Leivo will be resigned Spooner and Schaller Utica

• Upvote 1

Can we actually demote Schaller and Spooner to Utica?  That would make a huge difference.

Seems like everyone and their dog have written off Sutter. While I agree his days are numbered in our lineup, his presence allows Gaudette to get big minutes in Utica and I like that. I also am not convinced he is totally done in his career.  He is only 30, and while last season was brutal, I think it was primarily so due to injury and the affects thereof. The year prior he had an injury too, but he still managed just a little under .5ppg which is actually pretty good for a 3rd/checking line role center. Overall, while his role certainly places him in the sick bay here and there, he isn't exactly a Tanev in that regard where is a historical given.

If he can have a healthy season at, say, 30 points (which isn't at all impossible playing with quality 3rd line guys like Leivo or Virts) I could see him contributing enough to almost warrant his paycheque. 

Might as well give him a chance; it isn't like his trade value can suffer much more.

Ok. First off we need to give spooner, Goldobin, and schaller a break and let them come to camp and see how they do. We’ve got nothing to lose. I also think we are underestimating what Motte brings to the team. He may not score a lot of goals, but he does bring a lot of intensity to the team. 

As for Erickson I wouldn’t even bring him to camp , he’s an infection and after what he said at the end of the season we don’t need his attitude around the young players. 

This is just my opinion so don’t rag on me too badly. Lol 

On 6/22/2019 at 4:19 PM, janisahockeynut said:

Just thought, I would post the depth chart, and invite you to comment. I have some pretty strong views on this, but with Benning and Aqualini stating they are ready for the playoffs it changes somewhat, who is moved and who is kept.

LW - 15                                   C - 7                                   RW - 9                            LHD - 8                         RHD - 8                           Goalies - 6

JT Miller                             Pettersson                              Boeser                           Edler                              Myers                               Markstrom

Pearson                              Horvat                                    Podkolzin                      Hughes                           Tanev                               Demko

Baertschi                            Sutter                                     Virtanen                         Benn                               Stecher                           DiPietro

Roussel                              Gaudette                                Eriksson                        Joulevi                            Biega                               Kielly

Leivo                                   Beagle                                   McEwen                        Brisebois                        Fantenberg                      McIntyre

Motte                                   Madden                                 Lind                               Sautner                          Woo                                 Bachman

Schaller                               Gravac                                  Jasek                             Teves                             Rafferty

Goldobin                                                                            Lockwood                      Elliot                              Chatfeild

Hoglander                                                                          Karlsson                                                                           

Gadjovich

Perron

Boucher

Things have changed, for sure...…..

I am adding The defensemen and Goalies too

Much, much deeper after this last 2 weeks

Edited by janisahockeynut

• -SN- changed the title to [Discussion] Revised Depth Chart Post free Agency