The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jim Benning Deserves Better!

Rate this topic

Dixon Ward

I agree. The media is feasting on it because they like to cause a s$@* storm about anything Canuck related controversy. 

Unfortunately our fan base is a good chunk of immature whiny adolescents who believe any garbage the media spiels.  

I think JB is doing just fine.

Edited by BlueDragon23
  • Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

I am not saying he can't, I just don't get all the hate.  He has done more good than bad by far imho.

It's not about Benning, of course he can take it.  I just get sick of the vitriol. 

Did anybody hear Patterson ranting on about the type-o on the Miller trade.  SN Trade Tracker had it down as a conditional 1st while wherever JPat was looking had it as a conditional pick.

I find myself tuning out from local media

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

and a bunch of old guys with NMC's.  

Only two guys had NMCs when Benning was hired.

Those two old guys were in the top 10 in points in the first season he was on the job.

Both those guys are likely HHOFers and played their entire career as a Canuck.  Frankly they deserve more respect.

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan
  • Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, CreamCheese said:

Off the top of my head here's why GMJB get's hate, i'm sure i'm missing some...

He signed Loui Erikkson to a 6x6 deal 

He signed Brandon 4th line Sutter to a 5 year deal at huge money

He Drafted Virtnanen over Nylander and Ehlers (both of who CDC basically unanimously wanted)

Traded away McCann for Erik Pylon Gudbranson 

Drafted Juolevi over Tkachuk (everybody wanted Tkachuk)

Signed Beagle and Roussell to 4 year deals to join the Sea of Granlunds

Signed Schaller.... Who?

Now he's traded away a potential lottery pick for a minor upgrade to Leivo. 

Am I missing anything? 

Now tell us how you really feel 

• Haha 3

Haters gonna hate. Benning has given the nay-sayers plenty of ammunition to use - especially during the first couple of years where he was given the impossible task of keeping our team a playoff team.

Those same people conveniently ignore the fact he has restocked the cupboards with talent and is one or two moves away from making this team a serious playoff team again. They can say all they want - and they will quietly fade into archive history once this team is finished it's rebuild in a year or two.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

I agree. The media is feasting on it because they like to cause a s$@* storm about anything Canuck controversy. 

Unfortunately our fan base is a good chuck of immature whiny adolescents who believe any garbage the media spiels.  

I think JB is doing just fine.

Immature man children who "act" like immature whiny adolescents- fixed it for you

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2