24 minutes ago, Baggins said:

First full seasons here:

Goldy 63 GP - 7g 20a  27pts -10

Ice time per game = 14:59 total - 2:33 pp time per game

Giveaways 33, takeaways 20

Vey 75 GP -  10g 14a 24pts -3 

Ice time per game =  13:10 total - 1:52 pp time per game

Giveaways 28, takeaways 25

Fans wanted Vey gone asap - fans want Goldobin to stay. I don't really see much difference other than Goldy getting more opportunity.

yeah - and Vey was a much, much harder worker without the puck - far more engaged - battled for pucks consistently....

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Where is all this JV developing fine crap coming from? He has looks in the top 6 before or on the pp and he has looked terrible.

Goldie has looked good in flashes.

Not sure what kind of crack most people are smoking but JV looks terrible and Goldie has his moments.

37_300x300_Front_Color-NA.jpg

Expecting Jake to build on his good year from last year and figure out how to effectively use his body and speed to get a better advantage over players.

For Goldobin, I'm hoping he steps up defensively. He still does coast around when he doesn't have the puck and I find it honestly frustrating when the play is around him and he's just standing there watching the play go by.

10 minutes ago, Honeydew said:

Expecting Jake to build on his good year from last year and figure out how to effectively use his body and speed to get a better advantage over players.

For Goldobin, I'm hoping he steps up defensively. He still does coast around when he doesn't have the puck and I find it honestly frustrating when the play is around him and he's just standing there watching the play go by.

Incredibly frustrating.  He seems to play better for a game or 2 after Green benches him but at some point you're either motivated enough to succeed or you aren't.  On top of that, he's not even scoring.

I like them both goldy has a lot of offensive vision and had immediate chemistry with petey but green constantly was juggling lines so no real long term consistency happened 

JV is a hometown favourite and when hes playing his high energy game hes fun to watch 

his blazing speed is very new nhl but with a large frame 

im into having patience with these two but cant be benched or put in the pressbox for minor mistakes which is a confidence killer for developing players ....i disagreed alot with greens deployment last year but hope these 2 can solidify a spot 

• Upvote 1

If you can accept that JV is not going to be the first line player that you would hope based on his draft position and just look at what type of player he is you realize you have a good middle 6 forward who is the fastest on the team and one of the more physical. He’s a guy you can win with just fell short of his highest potential but can still improve a bit. 

Goldy can bounce I don’t see it with him he’d need to progress offensively and defensively, I’d much rather have Granlund who is much more versatile 

I think that Jake's development was rushed and this has been detrimental to his game.  The time he needed to spend cutting teeth in the AHL would have done wonders to help him.  But he is here, and hopefully he will continue to develop. This year could be a transformative year for him.

Edited by jmfaminoff

3 hours ago, Topcheeze86 said:

I like them both goldy has a lot of offensive vision and had immediate chemistry with petey but green constantly was juggling lines so no real long term consistency happened 

JV is a hometown favourite and when hes playing his high energy game hes fun to watch 

his blazing speed is very new nhl but with a large frame 

im into having patience with these two but cant be benched or put in the pressbox for minor mistakes which is a confidence killer for developing players ....i disagreed alot with greens deployment last year but hope these 2 can solidify a spot 

Petterson's production pretty much took a nose dive the same time that Leivo replaced Goldy on that line. Not only was production down, but also our record, we were winning games and were above the playoff bracket just before the new year, right about where the change happened

• Upvote 1

Love Jake.  I just think patience is needed, and as of right now he still contributes to the team.  Led teh team in takeaways, c'mon!

I like Goldy too, the problem with him is unlike Jake, he is too one dimensional and only seems to have chemistry with EP.  He's good on the PP though

Insane how many people are ragging on Goldobin..the kid just finished his FIRST full professional season, and people already want to give up on him. He's got weaknesses and holes in his game, but we are not at the point where we can sacrifice and get rid of such offensive potential. To add some perspective, people are complaining about a .43 PPG pace as a 23 year old. Damn I wish we had more young players scoring at that pace. We need offense and we need it desperately. Trying out Goldy for the next 2 years is completely manageable and could very well end up as a high reward investment. The patience of some people on this board smfh.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Baggins said:

First full seasons here:

Goldy 63 GP - 7g 20a  27pts -10

Ice time per game = 14:59 total - 2:33 pp time per game

Giveaways 33, takeaways 20

Vey 75 GP -  10g 14a 24pts -3 

Ice time per game =  13:10 total - 1:52 pp time per game

Giveaways 28, takeaways 25

Fans wanted Vey gone asap - fans want Goldobin to stay. I don't really see much difference other than Goldy getting more opportunity.

One can skate and has a ceiling.

the other is in Europe.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

If Goldy could learn to shoot an inch lower a 3rd of the time he'd have what, 9 more goals? Didn't he hit the crossbar 27 times (or something like that)

He has 2 things in his favour.....

He might be that final bargaining chip in in the much discussed Edmonton trade that brings PoolParty to us

He might help in enticing Tram back, and might ease Pod's transition to the NA environment in a couple of years

So, yes, qualify him and keep him on the roster as injury insurance to one of our top 6