The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Morrow and Beaulieu Not Qualified

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

These are two solid 3rd pair D.... they both skate really well.  They could be cheaper targets for us and drop the price of similar guys.

https://www.tsn.ca/winnipeg-jets-won-t-qualify-defencemen-joe-morrow-nathan-beaulieu-1.1328361

Hopefully they’re getting space ready for Myers to sign long term. Oh sweet Gord, please!

• Upvote 3

Another couple solid bottom pair/spare D to add to the pile of inexpensive D to replace Hutton.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hopefully they’re getting space ready for Myers to sign long term. Oh sweet Gord, please!

I'm fine with either route. Myers would improve our D the most...but at the cost of an overpay in cap and term (though we can afford one market price + UFA surcharge deal on D). But yes, I'd prefer something like Stralman, McQuaid and Benn on short term deals while exploring a Tanev for futures move.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

how is this Benning's fault tho? thats the key thing around here. 

Well, Benning didn't trade a 2nd rounder for each of these guys, and then not qualify them himself. That way he could be accused of handing out picks like they are candy, AND, he could also  be knocked for poor asset management.

regards,  G.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Another couple solid bottom pair/spare D to add to the pile of inexpensive D to replace Hutton.

I'm fine with either route. Myers would improve our D the most...but at the cost of an overpay in cap and term (though we can afford one market price + UFA surcharge deal on D). But yes, I'd prefer something like Stralman, McQuaid and Benn on short term deals while exploring a Tanev for futures move.

Frankly, I doubt either of them would make the Canucks.  Edler, Hughes, Hutton, Biega, Juolevi, Teves, etc.  I think (hope) they pick up Benn thoiugh.

6 minutes ago, higgyfan said:

Frankly, I doubt either of them would make the Canucks.  Edler, Hughes, Hutton, Biega, Juolevi, Teves, etc.  I think (hope) they pick up Benn thoiugh.

Well it doesn’t look like Hutton will be here, and you don’t leave young guys like Juolevi and Teves on the bench as depth guys... they need playing time.

There is a place for veteran guys who won’t have their development hurt by playing limited minutes.