The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Poll] Jim Benning

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Jim Benning  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Are you for or against the Managment of the Canucks team under Jim Benning?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/01/2019 at 10:51 AM

What better title could I come up with then "Jim Benning" when this Post is finally going to decide if the fan base on this forum is for or against Jim Benning.

As simple as it gets are you for or against JB.

If you feel you want to post as to why you are for or against his Management of  this team go ahead. More importantly vote in the poll 

My hypothesis more fans are For Jim Benning and it is just a small group against him. My final prediction at the end of the poll 85% for JB 15% against JB.

This prediction is just based off of the last week of myself reading through the posts and noticing it is actually just a few posting in all the posts trying to get under Canucks fan skin. I could be wrong that is why I call it a Hypothesis.

Hypothesis: a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

Edited by Arrow 1983
Added poll tag to draw attention to the poll. I am also interested in the results.
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

This prediction is just based off of the last week of myself reading through the posts and noticing it is actually just a few posting in all the posts trying to get under Canucks fan skin. I could be wrong that is why I call it a Hypothesis.

Hypothesis: a supposition or proposed explanation made on the basis of limited evidence as a starting point for further investigation.

You mean Trolls

• Upvote 2

100% for! Managing and navigating a team in the cap world isn't always easy, and Benning started this job with a bunch of contracts that had full NTC, which greatly restricted his ability to make moves.

We're on the up swing now, all the work that JB has done and directed the scouting department on what he's looking for to draft, is all starting to come to fruition.

He's built a fast, young core that's fun to watch and is only going to get better.

Looking forward to training camp and seeing what other changes Benning makes during the summer.

• Upvote 3

He's largely redeeming himself in my mind with his drafting record and some of his more recent trades (Pearson, Miller).

I was questioning him somewhat last season but would like to see him in control for another year at least at this point. His vision for the team is becoming clearer to me, and I think the current management has an actual ability to see into the future and understand where our needs will be at x point in that future.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

He's not perfect, but gets benefit of doubt this season. The problem with replacing him at this point will cause a new GM to want to put his own stamp on the team, and probably set us back several more years. We need to see what the team looks like and how it performs this season.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, 112 said:

He's largely redeeming himself in my mind with his drafting record and some of his more recent trades (Pearson, Miller).

I was questioning him somewhat last season but would like to see him in control for another year at least at this point. His vision for the team is becoming clearer to me, and I think the current management has an actual ability to see into the future and understand where our needs will be at x point in that future.

Benning is trying to bring in players to support the young core again this year.  His top picks are in the NHL already but many of the others just aren't ready.  So glad he's got the cap space to do what he has to do.

My take

Edited by Crabcakes
  • Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

First you cherry picked the last 4 years to make your stats look better we made the Playoffs in the 2014-15

Second is this a by product of what JB did or what he inherited. 

Third would you not agree that that forth year shows improvement and is the first true year of JB work coming to fruition.

Fruition: the point at which a plan or project is realized. 

First.  Season wins and loses are what count. This is professional hockey and winning games  is the goal.

Second - Always good plan to blame the boss before you. Happens in every business i have seen.

Third - last years few extra wins largely game from our better than average goaltending we got.

Fruition -  acquiring / planting  many good healthy young  plants ( drafts  with lots of extra  picks )  , nourishing with water and nutrients. ( development on a quality AHL team  ) .  patience while the plant grows ( icing a young club with good coaches  ) .... then enjoying the spoils after the fruit is ripe ( making our playoff run lead by our young core ) 

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

Nothing good can come of this thread.

I disagree I think

First, It will show that the majority support JB and the way this team is being managed

and Second well that's for me to know and write about in a few days when we have the results of the poll where there is a hypotheses there comes the evidence and soon a conclusion.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2