The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which NBA team does the big name free agents sign with?

Gator

Who signs where?  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

My picks

Durant - Knicks

Leonard - Lakers

Irving - Nets

Thompson - Warriors

Cousins - Clippers

Walker - Celtics

Really doubt Kawhi goes to the Lakers, clippers are possible though. Everything else I pretty much agree with. Kyrie signing with the Nets is going to be Boston all over again, he can't lead a team by himself.

• Upvote 3

Durant - Warriors

KD only goes to the Knicks if Kyrie goes there. He not going there alone, that's for sure. Kyrie has interest in Nets rn, 

Leonard - Clippers or Raps

I would be shocked if he went to the Lakers.

Irving - Nets

Big interest in the Nets rn.

Thompson - Warriors

No brainer.

Cousins - Other

Based off his Finals performances I don't think any team wants him :ph34r:. Jk.

Walker - Celtics

Russel - Lakers

Would be lit if he came back. Most improved imo.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sikhguy23 said:

Really doubt Kawhi goes to the Lakers, clippers are possible though. Everything else I pretty much agree with. Kyrie signing with the Nets is going to be Boston all over again, he can't lead a team by himself.

I think Leonard to Lakers is a lot more likely than you think now that the Lakers cleared max cap space and has a scheduled meeting with him

• Upvote 1

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

I think Leonard to Lakers is a lot more likely than you think now that the Lakers cleared max cap space and has a scheduled meeting with him

A lot of teams have done that...

1 minute ago, Pears said:

Durant - Nets

Leonard - Raptors

Irving - Nets

Thompson - Warriors

Cousins - Warriors

Walker - Lakers

Lakers won’t be able to give Kawhi the max so it’ll be the Raptors or Clippers. 

Yes they can.. Google Lakers :emot-parrot:

1 minute ago, Brock Botanen said:

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, are they then the favourites for the championship?  

Just now, J-23 said:

A lot of teams have done that...

Yes but not every team is In LA where Leonard wants to play, and let's be honest. Why go to Clippers when you can 3peat and be able to rest through out season by teaming up with Kawhi and LBJ

3 minutes ago, Sikhguy23 said:

You think KD joins him?

Just now, Brock Botanen said:

Yes but not every team is In LA where Leonard wants to play, and let's be honest. Why go to Clippers when you can 3peat and be able to rest through out season by teaming up with Kawhi and LBJ

They've been saying for ages now, if Kawhi goes to LA it's going to be the Clippers.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

If Leonard goes to the Lakers, are they then the favourites for the championship?  

I don't even think the Warriors could beat them with Durant let alone without.

Top 10 players in NBA

James

Durant (debatable post injury)

Leonard

Antemkooowhatever

Harden

Davis

Curry

Thompson

Westbrook

Towns

Lakers would have 3 of the top 5, now 4 without Durant in the NBA. They would be ridiculously good!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

So what will they do for depth if they do that? They need a guard more than Leonard. 

Vet minimum. And if need be its the Lakers, they can afford luxury tax

Rondo could utilize a vet minimum deal and have a very good year with that big 3 and get paid next summer

Edited by Brock Botanen

2 minutes ago, Brock Botanen said:

I don't even think the Warriors could beat them with Durant let alone without.

Top 10 players in NBA

James

Durant (debatable post injury)

Leonard

Antemkooowhatever

Harden

Davis

Curry

Thompson

Westbrook

Towns

Lakers would have 3 of the top 5, now 4 without Durant in the NBA. They would be ridiculously good!

“Show Time” back in LA

Like Magic, Kareem, and Worthy. 

• Cheers 1

Durant should take the year off. Not sign a contract and rehab. He can sign a contract closer before the playoffs if his rehabbing stint goes well. But a year without a contract allows him to talk with free agents and other players without ever worrying about "tampering" rules since he wouldn't be with a team. It's a strategy Lebron should have used last season and it's something that's gotten Lebron in trouble last year when he was reaching out to marquee FAs to come join him and the Lakers. If not, I assume he's going to the Nets with Russell and Kyrie Irving.

Kawhi returns to Toronto. I'm a Raptors fan, so I'm bias. But I think the money that's on the table, the way management has worked with him, being able to "hide" in Canada in one of the NBA's best run franchises, and the fact the Raptors could repeat next year are all wins. He won't make it past the Conference Finals if he signs with the Clippers and I think he knows that.

Kyrie's going to the Nets. He's a NY boy and he's going home. Pretty obvious. If the Knicks didn't have the 2nd worst owner in the NBA, he'd be a Knick but the Nets are a good landing spot for him.

DeMarcus Cousins probably ends up with the Knicks. They have the cap room to give him a fat contract. It'll be a mistake but mistakes are what the Knicks make every year.

Klay stays in Golden State. Splash Brothers for life.

Kemba replaces Kyrie in Boston. If not, Kemba may end up with the Knicks alongside Cousins. Not a great chance Kemba returns to Charlotte.

28 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Durant should take the year off. Not sign a contract and rehab. He can sign a contract closer before the playoffs if his rehabbing stint goes well. But a year without a contract allows him to talk with free agents and other players without ever worrying about "tampering" rules since he wouldn't be with a team. It's a strategy Lebron should have used last season and it's something that's gotten Lebron in trouble last year when he was reaching out to marquee FAs to come join him and the Lakers. If not, I assume he's going to the Nets with Russell and Kyrie Irving.

Kawhi returns to Toronto. I'm a Raptors fan, so I'm bias. But I think the money that's on the table, the way management has worked with him, being able to "hide" in Canada in one of the NBA's best run franchises, and the fact the Raptors could repeat next year are all wins. He won't make it past the Conference Finals if he signs with the Clippers and I think he knows that.

Kyrie's going to the Nets. He's a NY boy and he's going home. Pretty obvious. If the Knicks didn't have the 2nd worst owner in the NBA, he'd be a Knick but the Nets are a good landing spot for him.

DeMarcus Cousins probably ends up with the Knicks. They have the cap room to give him a fat contract. It'll be a mistake but mistakes are what the Knicks make every year.

Klay stays in Golden State. Splash Brothers for life.

Kemba replaces Kyrie in Boston. If not, Kemba may end up with the Knicks alongside Cousins. Not a great chance Kemba returns to Charlotte.

I don't believe tampering applys to players. Only management if I remember correctly. Players try and recruit each other all the time. There are reports that suggest LBJwas recruiting Leonard during the finals

Kawhi next year

Clippers - 1st or 2nd round exit

Raptors - chance at a repeat, but It will be tough to beat out the 76ers and Bucks with no real superstar playing along side of him. He needed a lot of minutes in the playoffs for the Raptors to make that run. Kawhi fatigues more than most so I'm not sure he will be able to carry a team to 2 consecutive championships (skill having absolutely nothing to do with it)

Lakers - Championship, ability to take time off without skipping a beat, home sweet home. It's like a match made in heaven. However if he doesn't go to Lakers I hope he goes to my 2nd team the Raptors :)

Edited by Brock Botanen

51 minutes ago, J-23 said:

You think KD joins him?

Ya, but KD is going to be out for a while and who knows the type of player he will be when he is back. Maybe if they're together after next year they could make some noise?

Edited by Sikhguy23
  • Upvote 1