The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Shaw to Chicago

5 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Wow only a 2nd a 3rd for Shaw.  Compared to the 1st and 3rd for Miller this is how its done.  Only $3.9MM for 3 more years. Kudos :mellow:

That’s likely to be a high 2nd for Chicago. Might not be that different of a value at the end of the day.

Miller is also two years younger than Shaw.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I like J.T Miller, 6'1 26 way more then Shaw 5'11, turns 28 July....I am really okay with Miller trade as this guy can play all 3 forward positions on a decent contract 5.3 million x 4yrs..I know we have to give up a 1st rounder but it could be a middle to pick between 15th-19th..

Who know if Demko could take over #1 and then trade Markstrom for 1st rounder in 1.5 years...

Exciting day tomorrow, I predict Meyers and Jordie Benn as new Canucks..

• Like 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Wow only a 2nd a 3rd for Shaw.  Compared to the 1st and 3rd for Miller this is how its done.  Only $3.9MM for 3 more years. Kudos :mellow:

I hope Miller is a huge upgrade on Shaw. Otherwise we may as well turn off the light, when we leave....

10 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

That’s likely to be a high 2nd for Chicago. Might not be that different of a value at the end of the day.

Miller is also two years younger than Shaw.

It was sarcasm hence the straight face:towel:

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 3

31 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

What are the hawks trying to do. 

My guess is the Hawks are trying to become more difficult to score against.  They've been improving the back end while steadily adding more defensively responsible forwards.

28 minutes ago, Borvat said:

Really? Miller and Shaw are not even comparables. Ones a 50 point player and the other averages closer to 30. If anything this deal makes the Miller trade look better

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Chicago really love their old players.

Saad, Oduya, Shaw, Ladd, Kruger, Morin, Versteeg are all guys reacquired through trade in the last 4 seasons who previously played with the Hawks.

Versteeg is actually back with the organization again.....again.

He signed early this summer to play the season in Rockford.  Most likely will serve as captain as mentor for youngsters.

34 minutes ago, Borvat said:

WOW A 2ND AND 3RD FOR A FOURTH LINER!!!

WHAT A DEAL!!!!

:ph34r:

Edit: just saw you said it was sarcasm.  Sometimes it is difficult to tell online lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Glorified 4th liner?  Seriously?  

The guy just put up 47 points in 63 games.  He was a +12, he kills penalties, he's defensively responsible, and he brings some sand paper to the roster.  

But yeah, 4th liner.

1 year with 47 points because they needed to play him in a scoring role.  Historically, and again with Chicago he is likely a 3rd line player at best. 

A 2nd rounder a 3rd rounder and 3 more years at $3.9MM / yr.  

image.png.25fc586d2e21d6acfa29125ade93fefc.png

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Shaw had 47 points in 63 games last season.  I wouldn’t call that a 4th liner 

If they aren’t superstars or don’t play for the Canucks, they’re all 4th liners.

• Haha 3