The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This July 1st, Benning can make us a playoff team, or a Cup contender.

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

24 minutes ago, BenSurgeon said:

The Canucks are a better team but they still are not a contender and even if the make the playoffs, they will be one and done anyway. That will make ownership happy, two playoff games revenue. 

Defeatest?

Who knows? Vegas' first year, no one expected them to win any games, yet they went all the way to the Cup finals. Last year STL was in last place at the New Year, and went on to win the Cup. I don't think the Canucks will win the Cup, or even get to the SCF, but I beleive they can make the playoffs, and once in, who knows?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 7/1/2019 at 11:02 AM, Arrow 1983 said:

So Myers and Benn is done all we need is a LE Trade. And this team can contend for a Cup. Even with LE we can contend for a cup.LE could look at this team a it might light a fire under his ass

Well that's good to know, how far in the playoffs will they go do you think?

• Cheers 1

On 7/1/2019 at 8:06 AM, IBatch said:

A playoff team undoubtedly, even with the same line-up we had at the end of the year you have to think moving up nine points in the standings could happen with just a little bit of progression with the young core, and at least no more injuries then usual.

Now adding Miller and jettisoning a few from the depth chart by adding Myers and Hughes for an entire season...well it’s actually harder to see us missing the playoffs then not.  I hope we start a run of five-seven consecutive playoff berths .. that would be something.   Watch the Benning dislikers shrivel away with their hindsight’s and buts.   There will be a power shift, SJ is clinging on but EK won’t be enough to keep them there long (they just lost Pavelski, who they were losing to age anyways, how long can Burns keep it up?).  ANA is a bit of a mess, where we were five years ago.  LA ditto.  Vegas looks to be a powerhouse for years to come (yes I’m jealous and yes I’m starting to hate them). ARI is ready to burst but we won’t have to worry about them long, not sure Seattle is going to have an easy time duplicating what Vegas did, teams have wised up this time and won’t be nearly ready to give up extras.   CAL looks to be a top team for a while yet, some of our stiffest competition, and EDM won’t get anywhere until they draft better help...something they haven’t been able to do yet but your have to like some of their guys, some help is coming..and they could bounce back...

Personally I think the third spot is ripe for the picking....and maybe it takes a 12-14 point improvement this time if the West isn’t killed by the East like it was last year .... that’s still definitely doable.  We lost 24 points in our 12 game losing streak, if we played .500 then instead we would have snuck in.   

JT Miller with EP and Boeser seems like a huge improvement.   That line could end up deadly and deadly all the time.  

Don’t forget Bear is 100% too and he already has chemistry Boeser and can play RW....or maybe JV is finally ready. 

How is it harder to see us missing the playoffs with Myers and Hughes. Would you rather have Myers and Hughes or montour and dahlin. The answer is simple  and they didn’t get buffalo near the playoffs and if you think our forward core is better then buffalo (it’s close) not really an advantage, as a buffalo fan too so I’ve watched Myers and the guy is awful at times and when he’s on he isn’t that great. This is going to be a terrible signing and people think I’m a hater just because I say that. I actually have watched Myers live in Kelowna and on the sabres to know this. 

Anyway, the reason I’m posting this is because it seems you thinkin Myers and a 19 ur old dman when dman don’t usually get awesome Until mid 20,s (I mean prime, dahlin broke 18 yr of records and again did little to change the team)

tou have to be realistic and realize other teams have improved their d core too and Myers is becoming one of the most overrated defensemen in the league as well as Barrie right now. Although Barrie can actually be really good. Myers can’t. Just wait and see.

i predict low plus minus low pt totals. He is going to be our new Pouliot he is better obviously but people will turn on him.

im not being just a hater either. This is my opinion from watching him and we aren’t the only team

inoroving! Again I hate this notion that people just list our offense and go “if so and so natural and breaks out we’re going to the playoffs!!” We might but it’s not a conclusion based on signings prospects and trades when literally every team in the league that was already better then us last year also improved their teams. I don’t want the team to get complacent and think we’re better the get lazy and not go for it.

and I don’t want our fans to set too high expectations so green and everyone has to be fired if we miss this year. We might just not be ready. Miller and Myers are poor men’s first line, first second unit players.

on Tampa bay J.T. miler would be on the third line and I don’t think Myers even makes their starting defense.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

How is it harder to see us missing the playoffs with Myers and Hughes. Would you rather have Myers and Hughes or montour and dahlin. The answer is simple  and they didn’t get buffalo near the playoffs and if you think our forward core is better then buffalo (it’s close) not really an advantage, as a buffalo fan too so I’ve watched Myers and the guy is awful at times and when he’s on he isn’t that great. This is going to be a terrible signing and people think I’m a hater just because I say that. I actually have watched Myers live in Kelowna and on the sabres to know this. 

Anyway, the reason I’m posting this is because it seems you thinkin Myers and a 19 ur old dman when dman don’t usually get awesome Until mid 20,s (I mean prime, dahlin broke 18 yr of records and again did little to change the team)

tou have to be realistic and realize other teams have improved their d core too and Myers is becoming one of the most overrated defensemen in the league as well as Barrie right now. Although Barrie can actually be really good. Myers can’t. Just wait and see.

i predict low plus minus low pt totals. He is going to be our new Pouliot he is better obviously but people will turn on him.

im not being just a hater either. This is my opinion from watching him and we aren’t the only team

inoroving! Again I hate this notion that people just list our offense and go “if so and so natural and breaks out we’re going to the playoffs!!” We might but it’s not a conclusion based on signings prospects and trades when literally every team in the league that was already better then us last year also improved their teams. I don’t want the team to get complacent and think we’re better the get lazy and not go for it.

and I don’t want our fans to set too high expectations so green and everyone has to be fired if we miss this year. We might just not be ready. Miller and Myers are poor men’s first line, first second unit players.

on Tampa bay J.T. miler would be on the third line and I don’t think Myers even makes their starting defense.

Wow.  You really hate our new guys.  Miller is clearly a top six winger.  Maybe if he was used more by ?TBay they get actually win a game in the playoffs.

Myers is a sure fire 20 minute D man on every team in the league.  

I think Quinn Hughes is going to get over 60 points this year, and lead our team with over plus 20.  Hughes a very special player.

Dahlin is a fabulous player.  The Sabres forwards don’t play defensively at all.  That’s why they struggled.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Alflives said:

Wow.  You really hate our new guys.  Miller is clearly a top six winger.  Maybe if he was used more by ?TBay they get actually win a game in the playoffs.

Myers is a sure fire 20 minute D man on every team in the league.  

I think Quinn Hughes is going to get over 60 points this year, and lead our team with over plus 20.  Hughes a very special player.

Dahlin is a fabulous player.  The Sabres forwards don’t play defensively at all.  That’s why they struggled.  

You’re telling me about why the sabres struggled. Me? A guy who watches every sabres and Canucks game. No, little talent to begin the year in d, no coaching or timely goaltending and scoring depth is why the sabres struggled. Eichel does all he can, he scores over fifty more Then buffalos second center and if he’s not scoring no one is. Not even skinner who has no goals until he was out on eichels line in the seventh game of the year in la where he by no concidence got a hat trick. It’s a lack of depth. Jack also has a higher career PPG then Mackinnon and in the past years despite league worst teams in the standings and in offense our uo 201 pts in 203 games (more then Matthews in same time frame on a team that scores like 80 less goals) he’s buffalos Pettersen although ep was better defensively and a slightly better rookie ...however Eichel improved big time defensive last year since becoming captain though.

Again, you tried to tell me about Myers in another thread by listing an obvious career accomplishment, when I’ve watched him live in Kelowna and in buffalo all those games and I’m telling you man his play fell off for years after. MILLER is alright. I may of exaggerated, Hughes, people are expecting too much too soon. 60 points, LOL. I don’t think he gets forty. But I’m sure he will get thirt which is still good. People really went hrs last year because of that ONE play he made behind the net, and of course his draf ootential but remember defense is the hardest position to learn. Even dahlin who was 2-3 times the prospect Hughes is, (and if you don’t agree you’re being insanely biased because everyone in here Falloin for dahlin, dahlin will change our entire team!) how little people forget that, he only got 44 points. I say “only” it was the highest pt total by a rookie defensemen outside housley, he passed bobby Orr At two and finished second.

heiskanen with that same great defense and good offense didn’t even get more then 40 pts either and look how good he is. But now Hughes is on our team as a rookie (a team that hasn’t show it can score at a great clip ) yet is suddenly going to come in his first season and put up more points then almost any defensemen in the entire league? I hope you’re not projecting his few games played points to a full season because mittlestadt with buffalo was even a better prospect then Hughes and scored seven pts in his first five game Nd as Forward just put up 29 pts. I think you need to lower expectations. That level offense just doesent happen for dmen at that age. Especially not here. It would be. Historic rookie year not just for the Canucks but for the NHL and the ages of he does that, he’d be a top ten dman Arguably in his first year if he did that, you’re setting the bar wasaaaaay too early way to soon.

ps is there something so wrong with not believing J.T. Miller and Tyler flipping Myers aren’t the pieces needed to become a “contender” if that’s the kool aid you want to drink, fine ....of course they could do well. Anything could happen but I’ll be here at seasons end to catch up with you. I can almost guarantee though, Hughes will finish closer to the thirty I said then the sixty you said. We shall see! Even if he did that’s still excellent, again it’s the toughest position to learn and name how. Any 19 yr old dmen have not 60 pts, especially in this era. Again on a team that hasn’t even proven it can score at a great clip. I admire the optimism but again we shall see.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Westcoasting said:

Well that's good to know, how far in the playoffs will they go do you think?

As I wrote in the original post this year I believe that a first round exit would be disappointing and in year 2 if we can move the LE contract and bring in a top 6 we should be contenders. Their are assumptions being made here ones that I believe are reasonable, that EP and BB take further steps of becoming complete players. Hughs will in his 2nd year will have a actual year of experience and that some of these players will form chemistry with each other. 

Who knows the Tanev contract expires and we could sign another right shot BC born d-man next UFA.

Edited by Arrow 1983

12 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

As I wrote in the original post this year I believe that a first round exit would be disappointing and in year 2 if we can move the LE contract and bring in a top 6 we should be contenders. Their are assumptions being made here ones that I believe are reasonable, that EP and BB take further steps of becoming complete players. Hughs will in his 2nd year will have a actual year of experience and that some of these players will form chemistry with each other. 

Who knows the Tanev contract expires and we could sign another right shot BC born d-man next UFA.

Not to mention a possible Train signing. 

i reckon this year was the right year for jb to make his annual push to make the playoffs and the players he has signed/traded for will likely make a big contribution toward making the post season a reality. petey, boesser and hughes, bo . . . the window is now. these guys have the talent and it got pretty ugly last year with the way petey got roughed up. we cant afford to leave our talented core out to dry for 3 or 4 more years. so, really its as much about providing a strong supporting cast right now as it is about making the push for the post season.  

i would have liked to have seen ferland signed and schenn kept around and mabbe another one of these: Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude, only with a little more nhl skill. the trouble is, jb has done this prematurely for many years now and we now have to clear out all the garbage he signed, ericckson, sutter et al. for when we really weren't ready. 

On 7/4/2019 at 8:10 AM, Bertuzzi44ever said:

ps is there something so wrong with not believing J.T. Miller and Tyler flipping Myers aren’t the pieces needed to become a “contender” if that’s the kool aid you want to drink, fine ....of course they could do well. Anything could happen but I’ll be here at seasons end to catch up with you. I can almost guarantee though, Hughes will finish closer to the thirty I said then the sixty you said. We shall see! Even if he did that’s still excellent, again it’s the toughest position to learn and name how. Any 19 yr old dmen have not 60 pts, especially in this era. Again on a team that hasn’t even proven it can score at a great clip. I admire the optimism but again we shall see.

I feel ya bro.  And with Boeser signed we are spent to the limit. But as a fan, a long time fan, I gotta believe that somehow, some way, everything will work out perfectly.  At least more things working than not working.

Anyone with a smidgen of hockey knowledge, and has followed this team, if they were honestly looked back at JB tenure here, are disappointed in general. Yes, Petey and Brock soothe a lot of wounds, and mask the mistakes. As well as Markstrom's improvement.  But now Hutton leaves for nothing, when he was having a bit of a better year and could have been moved for SOMETHING just before the TD.  Its not the LE contract that is slowly hurting this team, every GM makes mistakes, many have their own "LE" contract to deal with, so you could give a mulligan to JB on that. That was a deep cut, but its the small cuts of a thousand knives that has been more harmful.  Losing players for nothing, overpaying, over-terming, over-valuing.  Under-draft picking.  And please no more....it was all Gillis's fault.  If this team is now stacked with untradable assets after 5 years of JB, its on him now.  Other GMs pull out creative ways to shed players.  Its like a Prime Minister or President 5 years in blaming the previous admin for a bad economy.  There's a point where you have to take responsibility. 

Its not that we have an empty glass, I can see that if everything works out we will watch an improved team this season, I can overlook that Myers lost the confidence of coach Maurice, and believe he'll flourish here with a greater role, and a new city, for instance. He and Benn have definitely improved our D. Miller will improve our top 6 production. I'm just not sure that topping up our cap with these "final pieces" will put us over the top.

It was pointed out that its remarkable that the second worst team in the last 4 years, Buffalo is the only one under us, has a full cap!

At least Buffalo has had a 1st and 2nd overall in that time to soothe that position. IMO, JB has built a house with a few solid rock stars on the top floor, and a whole lot of sand bricks holding it up underneath.  If there's not too much wind, and if the injury wolf stays away, ....everything and everybody plays to their highest possible projection, we may make the playoffs.

I don't know how many others do, but I live in two worlds with the Canucks. No matter how many bad moves or non moves, being a rabid fan, I HAVE to believe everything will work out. I don't want to concentrate on mistakes (I swear).  But then another hit happens to pull me down to earth....now its Hutton a 26 year old serviceable D, probably signing in Toronto, who was a relatively solid D for us for years, and we got nothing.  Taken on its own its negligible, but adding all the small cuts over the years, and saddled with questionable longer term deals for years to come, its difficult to feel confident in JB going forward.  But I HAVE to believe. Its the only NHL team I have.  It HAS to work.  I refuse to imagine not making the playoffs for two years and then losing a #1 pick. It simply CAN'T happen. 

.flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

Edited by kilgore
  • Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 8:21 AM, Alflives said:

Since you mentioned no depth and support for the Sabres’ top players, I’ll point out that our top young players have excellent support.  JB got us Miller for Petey’s wing.  He got us Myers for Hughes.  Plus, he already got Sutter and Beagle to take the heavy defensive centre minutes for Bo.  I think the Sabres need to follow JB’s plan.  

Sure I agree about depthbut As far as buffalo following Benning, they can follow him once his formula works or (gets any success) right now both have none of jmportance and it’s ok because they’re young and in the rise which I’m happy my teams are (sure the sabres have been rebuilding longer and started over rebuilds but us with our retools and mistake going for it with the first WD year and extended the core of p trophy should of rebuilt sooner, probably around the same time and we would be well ahead of buffalo by now you’d jonk

ratjer then similar records even if Van was ahead a bit last war. Because despite great teams since that final in 2011 we have three playoff wins one against la as pntrophy champs and two in that first round loss to flames

in 2015. As your probably aware just bringing it up to put in perspective while buffalo has done two rebuilds with two different staffs since 2012 when they first kissed the playoffs, that’s what we have three individual wins to show for it while at the time torts called our core stake but management slowly got that hint h fortunately.

Anyway both franchises are young and hopefully on the rise after blues won cup both are now the two teams who have been in the league the longest without a cup (same year francjise

cousins) and now the leafs who last won the cup when there were onlt five other teams in league (LOL) last one it three years before we both even entered the league (LOL) so I hooe the cores did EP/Hughes/Boeser/Horvat and Eichel/Dahlin/Skinner/Mittlestadt/Reinhart lead the way. I’d lose my mind if either wins a cup We all would, but after watching my trams suck for so long I’d lose my mind for a playoff birth.

canucks got more offensive depth I totally agree, but buffalo is slowly improving that back end.

whie van has tremendous prospects demko and Dietrich,  buffalo also has gi. Ish standout and mvp of the year unto pekka luukonen and  ullmark (two time alhl all star) who may end up good as well. But the thing I’m happy about for buffalo is bogosian has one year left should he not move this yeR, highly

cknoarable to gudbranson even

to the point where they were drafted and expected to be by now, and while

jake McCabe is underrated and Marco scandals is a fine hand, these names excite as much as Hughes woo and eventually juolevi if that goes well.

montour (staring the year with the team will be huge as opposed to just jumping in the team with no practices, no training camp last year and even still was the best dman a lot of nights.

obviously dahlin and ristolainen. Dahlin no need to go and risto is so u fairly judged because advanced stats make him look like crap when in reality he’s been on a team with no d hit him and these are in his first years on the teM,  bad team that’s never as goaltending since miller. On low scoring trams he still has put up over 130 pts the last few years (forget current point total) but he’d excel on a good d core with less responsibility or a 2-4 on a stacked team. This was like Schultz in Edmonton then looked at his success with a smaller roll, risto is kind of Like edler in the sense he has to get nearly every assignment and like him after awhile it definitely begins taking a toll and degrades has overall skill.’

but this is the jewel here, think Stecher and/but/if it all comes together, Lawrence PILUT. Amazing overseas and played so well in the few games he got, sabres fans were enraged he didn’t start the season on the top six and I have a hard time seeing how he will since we signed Colin Miller who will be a great addition you have to think, I also love who we took at 31st the last two seasons on d Samuelson and Ryan Johnson. But pilut could our most underrated name, keep an eye or for him and up front olofsson. Victor olofsson was a late draft pick but lead the SHL

in goals and then last year made all star team and scored over 30 goals in the ahl, in his few games he got last

year he scored a few Pts. Pilut D and Oloffson RW, are the two to look out for.

so there’s pieces and there’s some analysis that some may not know and could find interesttinf  with said pieces. I agree about Vancouver’s offensive depth being better and goaltending for now, up front too end scoring it’s close sabres probably have the advantage (here) but not by much and that could also change. On defense, with Collin Miller dahlin pilut risto montour and whoever else with scandella McCabe bogosian I like buffalos d a tad better but you’re right the forwards in buffalo aren’t as good defensively as Van. I wish both thiem moving forward nothing but the beSt, even if I’m cautious about getting overly excited Until I see proven success. But it’s about time for that for both of them!

3 hours ago, kilgore said:

I feel ya bro.  And with Boeser signed we are spent to the limit. But as a fan, a long time fan, I gotta believe that somehow, some way, everything will work out perfectly.  At least more things working than not working.

Anyone with a smidgen of hockey knowledge, and has followed this team, if they were honestly looked back at JB tenure here, are disappointed in general. Yes, Petey and Brock soothe a lot of wounds, and mask the mistakes. As well as Markstrom's improvement.  But now Hutton leaves for nothing, when he was having a bit of a better year and could have been moved for SOMETHING just before the TD.  Its not the LE contract that is slowly hurting this team, every GM makes mistakes, many have their own "LE" contract to deal with, so you could give a mulligan to JB on that. That was a deep cut, but its the small cuts of a thousand knives that has been more harmful.  Losing players for nothing, overpaying, over-terming, over-valuing.  Under-draft picking.  And please no more....it was all Gillis's fault.  If this team is now stacked with untradable assets after 5 years of JB, its on him now.  Other GMs pull out creative ways to shed players.  Its like a Prime Minister or President 5 years in blaming the previous admin for a bad economy.  There's a point where you have to take responsibility. 

Its not that we have an empty glass, I can see that if everything works out we will watch an improved team this season, I can overlook that Myers lost the confidence of coach Maurice, and believe he'll flourish here with a greater role, and a new city, for instance. He and Benn have definitely improved our D. Miller will improve our top 6 production. I'm just not sure that topping up our cap with these "final pieces" will put us over the top.

It was pointed out that its remarkable that the second worst team in the last 4 years, Buffalo is the only one under us, has a full cap!

At least Buffalo has had a 1st and 2nd overall in that time to soothe that position. IMO, JB has built a house with a few solid rock stars on the top floor, and a whole lot of sand bricks holding it up underneath.  If there's not too much wind, and if the injury wolf stays away, ....everything and everybody plays to their highest possible projection, we may make the playoffs.

I don't know how many others do, but I live in two worlds with the Canucks. No matter how many bad moves or non moves, being a rabid fan, I HAVE to believe everything will work out. I don't want to concentrate on mistakes (I swear).  But then another hit happens to pull me down to earth....now its Hutton a 26 year old serviceable D, probably signing in Toronto, who was a relatively solid D for us for years, and we got nothing.  Taken on its own its negligible, but adding all the small cuts over the years, and saddled with questionable longer term deals for years to come, its difficult to feel confident in JB going forward.  But I HAVE to believe. Its the only NHL team I have.  It HAS to work.  I refuse to imagine not making the playoffs for two years and then losing a #1 pick. It simply CAN'T happen. 

.flat,550x550,075,f.u3.jpg

Good post man, I want to agrre

myers will flourish and he may very well but like I said he lost most of his confidence after his first year in the pros. He was a completely different person and he’s shown glimpses of that guy. It nearly often enough. Myers is like the Virtanen of defense. Which is why I don’t like six million, myself I feel he’s going to have a harder time adapting to the schedule, to bigger assjgnmens. He needs to utilize his body and strength more and make quicker observations in both ends. He hands onto

the puck too long. Hope it works out! Ps- a tooooooooon of money is coming off the boooks

for buffalo this year north of close to 20 million (rough guess without looking) with the best part being the players leaving willl either not be missed and if resigned would be low. Moulson bogosian Hutton okposo girgensens Larson Reinhart and more and there’s players in their el deals who willl cost next to nothing to take their spot so the cap won’t be an issue for BUF in the present. Who knows for the future once dahlin gets signed. Also when you say JB it’s hard to know I got it but from now on because both sabres and nucks GMS have those initials but I got what you meant lol.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever
  • Cheers 1

I wrote this on June 30  and on July 12, playoffs and a possible 1st round win is looking much more doable.

Myers gives us another top 3 d-man

Benn gives us another defensive defenceman 

Ferland gives the Canucks some extra toughness and another top 6 forward if you disagree he is a top 6 forward, then for sure a great number 7 guy who can play top 6 mins when injuries occur 

No matter whether you like the moves JB has made or dont like them it will take the winning in the actual season to prove if they were good moves or not.

The defense is much improved. After Edler and Tanev i would much rather have Myers and Benn than Hutton and Stecher. Troy may excel as a number 5-6 but he isnt a 1-2 or even a 3-4. Now he doesnt have to be unless they get injuries. The D as I see it are better.

Edler-Tanev

Hughes-Myers

Stecher-Benn

Fantenberg, Juolevi, Biega,Sautner,Brisebois, Tryamkin?

With the addition of Ferland and Miller the top 12 look decent

Ferland Petey Boeser

Pearson, Horvat, Miller

Baertschi Sutter Virtanen

Motte, Beagle, Leivo

Roussel,( replaces Motte when healthy) Eriksson(if not moved)

Extras Gaudette, Bailey(big winger for those type of games)

Baer and Pearson may switch lines depending on success

• Cheers 1

On 7/3/2019 at 12:55 PM, NUCKER67 said:

Defeatest?

Who knows? Vegas' first year, no one expected them to win any games, yet they went all the way to the Cup finals. Last year STL was in last place at the New Year, and went on to win the Cup. I don't think the Canucks will win the Cup, or even get to the SCF, but I beleive they can make the playoffs, and once in, who knows?

Nothing to do with our team, but just in general, I don't know if outliers, anomalies and "who knows" is the best way to go about building a plan or expectations.

• Cheers 1

On 7/5/2019 at 2:30 AM, granpappy said:

i reckon this year was the right year for jb to make his annual push to make the playoffs and the players he has signed/traded for will likely make a big contribution toward making the post season a reality. petey, boesser and hughes, bo . . . the window is now. these guys have the talent and it got pretty ugly last year with the way petey got roughed up. we cant afford to leave our talented core out to dry for 3 or 4 more years. so, really its as much about providing a strong supporting cast right now as it is about making the push for the post season.  

i would have liked to have seen ferland signed and schenn kept around and mabbe another one of these: Good looking dude with a good looking body.  He's 6'4' measured, this is true, and he's got good girth, good looking dude, only with a little more nhl skill. the trouble is, jb has done this prematurely for many years now and we now have to clear out all the garbage he signed, ericckson, sutter et al. for when we really weren't ready. 

Happy pappy?

;)

On 7/12/2019 at 10:44 PM, spur1 said:

I am in awe with what Benning has done. 

The leastern press is still bashing every move. 

Can’t wait for the season to play out and watch the army of press tomatoes bursting like bubbles. 

Who is doing the bashing i haven't paid much attention to the media lately but everything I've heard has been positive. That's only Mackenzie, Kipper and Hrudey I've heard.