The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Are You Okay If The Canucks Offer Sheet Over 11 mil?

Rate this topic

ItTakesAnArmy

If the Canucks are urgent to make the playoffs which players might be worth trying an offer sheet?

Aho or Marner at Mathews money? More?

Are they worth 4 1rst's? Both are young and would fit into the team's age structure.

If the Canucks do make an offer sheet it should be late after some deals done.

Who else would or could they offer sheet?

An offer sheet might be a good idea and make sense if the players are young and proven good enough.

It occurs to me that this might be a proposal unless the team does an offer sheet then it news.

Myers 6.5 mil for 6 years, Benn 5 mil for 5 years, Boeser 7.5 mil for 4 years

Technically, I guess we could offer sheet up to $4.227M..............but where is the money coming from?

Offer sheet compensation has been set for 2019/20

$1,395,053 or below: None

$1,395,054-$2,113,716: 3rd

$2,113,717-$4,227,437: 2nd

$4,227,438-$6,341,152: 1st, 3rd

$6,341,153-$8,454,871: 1st, 2nd, 3rd

$8,454,872-$10,568,589:
2 1sts , 2nd, 3rd

Over
$10,568,590+: 4 1sts

4 1rst over 5 years

Marner instead of Myers and Benn

Move out Eriksson Sutter and/or Beagle maybe have to give up a prospect or late picks,

centers

Pettersson

Horvat

Miller

Gaudette

Aho/Marner

Wingers

Boeser

Leivo

Pearson

Motte

Granlund

Roussel

MacEwen

Sven

Virtanen

Schaller

Goldoblin

Defense

Myers

Benn

Edler

Schenn

Tanev

Hughes

Stecher

Biega

Juileovi

Hutton

Hell no! Our GM already pisses away enough picks. Why would anyone, except the extreme homers that think we are already contenders for some reason, want us to piss away even more. 

I know benning treats picks like pocket change but it will never be the right move unless we are Tampa good.

Edited by Tomatoes11
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Is any player really worth not having a first round pick for 4 years? Craziness 

Can always trade for one later.

A proven Marner or Aho for six years? What a one two punch, two scoring lines with a decent 3rd checking/scoring line as well.

If the team had success then the picks are late rounds hopefully 25+.

Ottawa might take Eriksson off the teams hands,

It would certainly be going all in

25 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

If the Canucks are urgent to make the playoffs which players might be worth trying an offer sheet?

Aho or Marner at Mathews money? More?

Are they worth 4 1rst's? Both are young and would fit into the team's age structure.

If the Canucks do make an offer sheet it should be late after some deals done.

Who else would or could they offer sheet?

An offer sheet might be a good idea and make sense if the players are young and proven good enough.

It occurs to me that this might be a proposal unless the team does an offer sheet then it news.

Myers 6.5 mil for 6 years, Benn 5 mil for 5 years, Boeser 7.5 mil for 4 years

No and we cant anyways due to the Miller deal.  

• Wat 1

5 minutes ago, Tomatoes11 said:

Hell no! Our GM already pisses away enough picks. Why would anyone, except the extremes homers that think we are already contenders for some reason, want us to piss away even more. 

I know benning treats picks like pocket change change but it will never be the right move unless we are Tampa good.

If we got Marner through an offer-sheet then the only player we need is a top dman. We'd absolutely be a playoff team missing one piece. 

9 minutes ago, ItTakesAnArmy said:

4 1rst over 5 years

Marner instead of Myers and Benn

Move out Eriksson Sutter and/or Beagle maybe have to give up a prospect or late picks,

centers

Pettersson

Horvat

Miller

Gaudette

Aho/Marner

Wingers

Boeser

Leivo

Pearson

Motte

Granlund

Roussel

MacEwen

Sven

Virtanen

Schaller

Goldoblin

Defense

Myers

Benn

Edler

Schenn

Tanev

Hughes

Stecher

Biega

Juileovi

Hutton

neither Hutton or Schenn will be back

Edited by mikeyman109

1 hour ago, peaches5 said:

If we got Marner through an offer-sheet then the only player we need is a top dman. We'd absolutely be a playoff team missing one piece. 

I think we are a lot farther away than Marner. And a top dman is the most difficult piece to get which makes sense since we never had one.....

I am not sure who was the closest between Ehrhoff, jovo, ohlund, salo, and one year of Edler but none were bonafide top 2 .

i think we need a better third line center than sutter, a better goalie than markstrom and someone more experienced than demko. Our d is in complete shambles. And ep and Hughes are still raw and not totally proven yet.

we are far far away unfortunately....

Edited by Tomatoes11

Just now, Tomatoes11 said:

I think we are a lot farther away than Marner. And a top dman is the most difficult piece to get which makes sense since we never had one.....

I am not sure who was the closest between Ehrhoff, jovo, ohlund, salo, and one year of Edler but none were bonafide top 2 .

i think we need a better third line center than sutter, a better goalie than markstrom and someone more experienced than demko. Our d is in complete shambles. And ep a Hughes are still raw and not totally proven yet.

we are far far away unfortunately....

The only thing you're right about is that we've never had a number 1 dman. Hughes could turn into that Dman and then we wouldn't even require that last piece. Even if we needed a better third-line centre, which we don't as we have Gaudette who showed he was more than capable of playing that role and Sutter is a solid third-line centre if he can stay healthy, this still isn't very hard to fix and Miller is also a centre. He could slide down the lineup if Sutter was injured or Gaudette wasn't performing. Those are 2 improbable scenarios but we'd have a backup plan if that were the case. A better goalie than Markstrom? You realize that Markstrom had a poor start to the year and then turned himself into a bonafide starting goalie. If he struggles this year then we have Demko who we can see if he will lived up to expectations. Markstrom prevented this team from finishing last in the NHL last year.

Pettersson,Boeser,Horvat,Marner,Miller - That is a pretty ridiculous top 6 forward group.