The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blackhawks sign Robin Lehner

Depending on dollar and term this is a great add for Chi.  Crawford is too injury prone. 

Edit:  5 mill for 1 year.  Suprised he couldn't earn more term after last season.  Guess it's a show me you can do it again kinda contract.  Good for Chicago.

Edited by CanuckGAME

2 minutes ago, CanuckGAME said:

Columbus lost Panarin, Duchene, Bobrovski all in one day.  Must cut deep being a CBJ fan

Likely lost Dzingel aswell, sure glad Columbus took Tortorella off our hands for a 2nd.

The Tortorella issue is the same, young players love to play for him veterans despise the guy.

• Wat 1

10 minutes ago, Jaku said:

Guess Columbus is going with Korpisalo as the starter. 

6 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

They'll start in tandem, and by the end of the season one of them will take the reigns.

Korpisalo was also highly regarded in Europe, and has some NHL experience, so he does have a shot.

1 minute ago, peaches5 said:

Oilers or Flames should have been all over this. But the Oilers decided to sign Koskinen to that brutal contract.

If you’re a goalie, would you want to play behind that team of one way, me first, must score points, don’t play defence players?  I think lots of goalies look elsewhere to protect their careers.  

Just now, SabreFan1 said:

Term is a direct result of his alcoholism and mental illness.  Nobody is going to want to risk a hefty contract in case he relapses.

He did get five million, even if it’s just the one season.  That’s a good raise.  Hate the Hawks, but will pull for this guy to do well. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Alflives said:

He did get five million, even if it’s just the one season.  That’s a good raise.  Hate the Hawks, but will pull for this guy to do well. 

Money has nothing to do with my point.  If you give him 4 years and he relapses in 2, you're on the hook for the extra term and you have a drunken crazy goalie in net.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Money has nothing to do with my point.  If you give him 4 years and he relapses in 2, you're on the hook for the extra term and you have a drunken crazy goalie in net.

Oh yes, I agree with you.  He will be getting one year deals for the remainder of his career.  Maybe one year deals are better for his mental health?  Forces him to stay clean? 

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Oh yes, I agree with you.  He will be getting one year deals for the remainder of his career.  Maybe one year deals are better for his mental health?  Forces him to stay clean? 

I dunno about the rest of his career.  If he keeps playing at a higher level and stays clean in Chicago, they'll eventually give him a longer leash.  For the foreseeable future though, he's going to stay on the short contracts I would imagine.