The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

UNDERRATED 2020 CANUCK ROSTER

Rate this topic

nuckfanfromafrica

I think Jim may have finally made this team " competitive ".

Playoffs might be doable but all of the stars will need to align. 

Hughes needs to excel. 

Petey must make the next step. This is his sophomore year.

Bo needs to be Bo and he will.

JT must be what Jim Hope's he is.

Boeser needs a big year.

LE has to shut up and produce. He has put a target on his back. 

Jake needs a breakthrough year.

The has to be big time improved.

Our goal tending will need to cover all of everyone's weaknesses. 

I totally agree with OP... the TSN panel ripped the Canucks as having "...no Identity."

What complete cr*p.  The Canucks have been building identity in their forward structure over the last 3 years, with Bo leading the way, followed by Elias and Brock... and with guys like Roussel epitomizing character.

I think this team, given the top 4 players, (Bo, Elias, Brock, Quinn) stay healthy, and Marky plays up to the level of last year, will easily make the playoffs.

And I do not agree scoring will be a problem.  I think Brock Boeser is due for a breakout year... I think he gets at least 35 goals, maybe 40.  EP also will score 30-35.  And Bo will be up around 30.  Add Miller with 20+ and if Sven is healthy he will also get over 20.  I can also see Quinn Hughes getting 15 goals.  Then add some 15-20 goal scorers in Pearson and Roussel.

TORONTO Sports Network has it wrong as usual... they are too busy trying to put a positive spin on what is happening with the Laffs.

F*ck 'em.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, 6string said:

The goaltending may have finally fixed itself?

I think Hart is a stud.. Elliot & Talbot are acceptable back up's.. D should be stronger this year.. pretty decent top 6.. new coach.. and of course gritty.. 

who knows , they could bump the pens this year

edit : apparently Talbot is in Cgy now

Edited by Glug Datt
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Glug Datt said:

I think Hart is a stud.. Elliot & Talbot are acceptable back up's.. D should be stronger this year.. pretty decent top 6.. new coach.. and of course gritty.. 

who knows , they could bump the pens this year

The Pens will bump themselves, they are in decline.

• Cheers 2

3 hours ago, CanucksCountry said:

If it were up to me i think it would look like 

Miller - Pettersson - Boeser

Pearson - Horvat - Baertschi

Levio - Gaudette/Sutter - Virtanen

Roussel - Beagle -Motte

Extras: Goldobin

Edler -Tanev

Hughes - Myers

Benn - Stecher

Extras: Fantenberg

Markstrom

Demko

It will be interesting to see how the team meshes over the first 20 games. 

I feel you need 20 games in before you know what you have, what’s going to be a standout breakout ? or a flop ? is usually known by then. Hoping for a great season from some younger hopefully stronger players and we need to be tighter on back end. Pierre M caught my ear today talking our PP needs to improve I have to agree this isn’t all player related there is some team improvement areas required in player and system management as well. Should be interesting to see who gets on the top Power play from the back end is that Hughes and Edler or Myers there is some options there to explore. I really disagree with the comments they were making on the TSN panel today on lack of identity as well just goes to show how little they know of Benning and his mission to add character and we have a tonne of it. Also a comment was made our forwards lack creativity ??? Really I don’t see that I see a team learning to use their creativity it’s there for he whole time, it just needs to be let loose and exploited. Back to the Improve our power play I see some serious growth there this year. 

Now we need to pray to the health gods and looking forward to the start of 2019/20 season. I was really excited with the growth of our team last year after today I’m even more jacked. I’ve always been a huge fan of Myers. I think he is going to show well in a Canucks Jersey. People don’t realize what we didn’t have until he steps out on the ice game one and there will be a crap load of Myers jerseys in the stands by end of season. 

10 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Basically our divisional rivals, with exception to Colorado, didn't improve in any sort of way.

EDM/CAL have the same roster (EDM has Granlund for 1.3 mill), also picked up Mike Smith (formerly with Calgary).

Sharks and Golden Knights are the other two teams that are usually threatening, but SJ signed Karlsson to that overpriced contract and have let go of key players like Pavelski and (soon to be Thornton). Golden Knights remain the same.

Given how many times we play these divisional rivals, most of these should be pretty easy points. We should be at the very least in a playoff position.

There are no easy points in the NHL. Canucks have always struggled against teams "we should beat" 

All we need is a wildcard entry, goalie(s) get hot, top line clicks,  we need our PP going PK on full shutdown.

Plus we got the size for push back and Bo as our C. Keep Tanev as our sorta 7th D man have him rested for the playoffs. 

Could be fun. 

We're a young team with gusto. :lol:

Meyers should be good for 30+ points this year, Miller for 40+, Hughes for 30+... That's at least 100 points right there.

I 100% believe we are incredibly underrated and will surprise a ton of pundits this year. Just by adding the above points will be huge, but it's the increase in our other guys' totals that will be huge as well. Is it October yet?!

On 7/1/2019 at 7:19 PM, JamesB said:

That is not stars aligning, That is a bunch of stars suddenly going supernova!

As Slegr suggests, if Goldy is on your top line, that is good for Goldy but bad for your team.

As for the D pairings, why does Stecher get no respect?  He seems to be the Rodney Dangerfield of the Canucks.

Not only that but what about other teams stars aligning people need to

realiE we aren’t the only bloody team

improving!