The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ferland playing for Canucks according to Wikipedia?

Rate this topic

JC2

1 minute ago, Bilbro Baggins said:

Wikipedia also said that Loui Eriksson plays for the Ho Chi Minh Tigers of the Peoples Republic of China Hockey League so...

Benning should call them up and offer Loui for a years supply of rice for the whole team lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He won't be signed by Vancouver. We still have to sign Boeser and have 8.7M left. Unless Ferland signs for dirt cheap, it's not happening.

Even though you are probably right they could always trade or buyout a couple of guys so it possible. 

34 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

He won't be signed by Vancouver. We still have to sign Boeser and have 8.7M left. Unless Ferland signs for dirt cheap, it's not happening.

i don't agree

there is 8.7 in cap space

i figure it will 13 to sign the 6 remaining rfas on the roster

then we'll have 28 players.. teves and rafferty are likely comet bound - so likely results in at least 1.5 million cap reduction

3 other players need to be moved / demoted - that automatically frees up 3 million

and there really is no way aquaman will tolerate paying 3 demoted contracts - so we will see at least 1 or 2 moved.. resulting in a chunk of cap space

i think nucks can still afford a 3 to 4 million contract for next season and get under the cap

then immediately after the season starts roussel is on ltir

and that results in cap flexibility should something unforeseen need to be addressed

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, coastal.view said:

i don't agree

then we'll have 28 players.. teves and rafferty are likely comet bound - so likely results in at least 1.5 million cap reduction

3 other players need to be moved / demoted - that automatically frees up 3 million

and there really is no way aquaman will tolerate paying 3 demoted contracts - so we will see at least 1 or 2 moved.. resulting in a chunk of cap space

i think nucks can still afford a 3 to 4 million contract for next season and get under the cap

and that results in cap flexibility should something unforeseen need to be addressed

Don’t forget the six million off the cap when Loui refuses to report to Utica so we terminate his contract.  

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i don't agree

We're at 8.7M left without any RFAs on the books, Teves and Rafferty wouldn't lower the cap hit, as they're already factored into that cap space calculation. Other players can be hoped to be moved, but until we move them, we can't go ahead making with signing players that put us over the cap, assuming they will be easily moved. Further, we need to think of Pettersson's massive deal that will be coming in two years. I'd rather keep a bit of space and plan for that future cap crunch.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

i don't agree

If we have to add sweeteners or lose massive value unloading those contracts. People better not defend Benning. 

• Wat 1

21 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Don’t forget the six million off the cap when Loui refuses to report to Utica so we terminate his contract.  

He's going to report if he's thrown there. It's just professionally stupid not to do it.