The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Vegas looking to trade Nikita Gusev

12 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Someone's a member of the Tony Gallagher fan club.

For sure, let's move out some 1st round picks for cap space, too.

The quote was from before Ferlund signed. I wanted JB to work on getting another top 6 forward which he did I’m vary happy with the Canucks off season. 

Edited by brian42

13 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Ya, he has done nothing this off season at all.   Sure wish he would have signed a few guys.

Your quoting me from before Ferlund signed. I wanted an additional top 6 to cap off a great off season, I’m very happy with what he done and I had suggested JB sign a top 6 and worry about the cap space after, then Ferlund came in cheap I love it. 

11 hours ago, brian42 said:

Your quoting me from before Ferlund signed. I wanted an additional top 6 to cap off a great off season, I’m very happy with what he done and I had suggested JB sign a top 6 and worry about the cap space after, then Ferlund came in cheap I love it. 

I love the Ferland signing as well. 3.5 million for 4 years is a great deal for the Canucks, especially if he's able to stay healthy. 

With the additions of both Ferland and Miller, to our top six, we got toughness and grit to compliment our elite skill as well. These are exciting days for Canuck fans. All I can say is that I am glad that I am not an Edmonton or Ottawa fan. LOL. 

According to Jesse Granger of The Athletic, preliminary offers to the Vegas Golden Knights for Nikita Gusev have included a second-round pick along with a low-level prospect or a lower draft pick. 

Granger, who previously reported that Gusev is looking for an annual $4 million salary on a two-year deal compared to the Golden Knights’ offer of a $2 million AAV, believes the underwhelming offers may be the reason Vegas president George McPhee has openly discussed trading the 27-year-old.

Gusev joined the Golden Knights ahead of the playoffs this spring after nine seasons in the KHL but did not appear in a game with the team. He led the KHL in points in 2018-19 with 17 goals and 82 points in 62 games with SKA St. Petersburg before joining Vegas.

“There’s definitely an interest in him,” McPhee told The Athletic earlier this month. “We’ve had people call us on him. We’ll see what develops. I can’t tell you what will happen, but we’ll work on it. He’s been very, very good on the international stage. He wants to play in the NHL. He worked very hard to get over here, and we’re going to accommodate him one way or another, either here or with another club.”

The cap-crunched Golden Knights are already $3.5 million over the $81.5 million cap and have just $1.7 million left in space with David Clarkson's contract shelved on long-term injured reserve. Gusev is the team's lone remaining restricted free agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-underwhelming-trade-offers-for-vegas-golden-knights-rfa-nikita-gusev-1.1335913

19 minutes ago, Canucks_fo_life said:

According to Jesse Granger of The Athletic, preliminary offers to the Vegas Golden Knights for Nikita Gusev have included a second-round pick along with a low-level prospect or a lower draft pick. 

Granger, who previously reported that Gusev is looking for an annual $4 million salary on a two-year deal compared to the Golden Knights’ offer of a $2 million AAV, believes the underwhelming offers may be the reason Vegas president George McPhee has openly discussed trading the 27-year-old.

Gusev joined the Golden Knights ahead of the playoffs this spring after nine seasons in the KHL but did not appear in a game with the team. He led the KHL in points in 2018-19 with 17 goals and 82 points in 62 games with SKA St. Petersburg before joining Vegas.

“There’s definitely an interest in him,” McPhee told The Athletic earlier this month. “We’ve had people call us on him. We’ll see what develops. I can’t tell you what will happen, but we’ll work on it. He’s been very, very good on the international stage. He wants to play in the NHL. He worked very hard to get over here, and we’re going to accommodate him one way or another, either here or with another club.”

The cap-crunched Golden Knights are already $3.5 million over the $81.5 million cap and have just $1.7 million left in space with David Clarkson's contract shelved on long-term injured reserve. Gusev is the team's lone remaining restricted free agent.

https://www.tsn.ca/report-underwhelming-trade-offers-for-vegas-golden-knights-rfa-nikita-gusev-1.1335913

Man the Golden Knights only have 5 defensemen on their roster right now