The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] [Offer Sheet] Kerfoot

With Kerfoot going to the Leafs and the Leafs in a cap crunch it’s obvious they’re going to try to get Kerfoot at a cap hit at or lower than $3 million. 

I think he would be primed for an offer sheet between $3.5-3.75 million which would only compensate a 2nd round pick.

He’s around a 40 point average but can play at both ends of the ice and I think would fit in with the young core we already have as a 3C who can jump in 2C if Petey or Horvat go down during the season.

Plus, we’d piss off Toronto.

4 minutes ago, naslund.is.king said:

Would you want someone to offer sheet EP?

It’s easier for the Canucks to sign EP before the matching period because we aren’t in a cap crunch position. Especially with Eriksson in the way out

• Upvote 1

offer sheet with what cap space lol?

bossier 6-7 mill leaves us <3 million to sign leivo, motte and goldy

I would think JB has to get rid of beartschi or Sutter to get Kerfoot who is not a big upgrade 

what I would do is try to get Gusev from LV for Lind + leivo or something

I think if we can get rid of Sutter, and acquire Kerfoot, that would be a decent upgrade. Sutter replicates what Beagle brings and doesn't bring any offence. I can see Kerfoot with Virtanen being a solid 2B line option. 

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

Not really a fit unless we get rid of both Sutter and Gaudette. We are jammed in the bottom-6 both when it comes to bodies and cap.

Kerfoot can play LW as well as center. 

2 hours ago, naslund.is.king said:

Would you want someone to offer sheet EP?

I don't understand this question - we're talking franchise player here. Look at what happened with Aho - all's well that ends well with the offer sheet.

I think I have a higher view of EP than you do. I think he's capable of producing at the McDavid level. If so, the Canucks better be ready to pay up.

Edited by vinny_in_vancouver
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aspie said:

With Kerfoot going to the Leafs and the Leafs in a cap crunch it’s obvious they’re going to try to get Kerfoot at a cap hit at or lower than $3 million. 

I think he would be primed for an offer sheet between $3.5-3.75 million which would only compensate a 2nd round pick.

He’s around a 40 point average but can play at both ends of the ice and I think would fit in with the young core we already have as a 3C who can jump in 2C if Petey or Horvat go down during the season.

Plus, we’d piss off Toronto.

I thought Kerfoot had arbitration rights, and was looking at a 4 million plus award.  Same with Cici, but he’s looking at 5 million plus. 

Why would either guy sign for less?  

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I thought Kerfoot had arbitration rights, and was looking at a 4 million plus award.  Same with Cici, but he’s looking at 5 million plus. 

I actually could see Kerfoot being dealt.  He really doesn't fit - cap wise and they don't need any more small forwards.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Borvat said:

I actually could see Kerfoot being dealt.  He really doesn't fit - cap wise and they don't need any more small forwards.

The Leafs might have to trade Kerfoot and Cici, or be stuck with their arbitration awards.  4 + 5 is 9 million on their cap.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

You’re right he does have arbitration rights but I don’t believe he’s elected to use them yet. And arbitration isn’t a guarantee he’ll get what he wants- it’s just as risky for him where he could end up closer to what Kapanen makes.

6 hours ago, Canucks Curse said:

offer sheet with what cap space lol?

bossier 6-7 mill leaves us <3 million to sign leivo, motte and goldy

I would think JB has to get rid of beartschi or Sutter to get Kerfoot who is not a big upgrade 

what I would do is try to get Gusev from LV for Lind + leivo or something

There will be other changes. We have too many forwards right now. Also, keep in mind, Roussel will be on LTIR till at least mid November, and by the time he comes back, I'm sure Tanev will be back on LTIR :)

Regardless, we don't need to Offer Sheet, I'm actually really surprised at some of the names that are still out there. Ferland for one, Dzingel for another.

Now that we have paid bonus to Eriksson, expect something to happen with him which will free up some space as well.

• Upvote 1

It is nice to upgrade and everything, but we need to be careful that we do not over spend...….

I love the thought of Barrie

or

Ferland or Dzingel

but long term can we afford it.....

To me, lets get Boeser signed long term (8Years)

and save enough money for Pettersson and Hughes

Then, only then, look to up grade...…….move out old cap...…..sure, but be careful not spend too much

We will need an endless supply of ELC's for the short term and long term

• Upvote 1