The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2020 NHL Entry Draft - Round 1 Oct.6 @ 4pm PST (SN). Rounds 2-7 Oct.7 @ 8:30am (SN1)

Noble 6

This top 10 is going to be one of the strongest groups in a long time ... Byfield, Lafreniere, Drysdale, perfetti, Zary, Rossi... And that's just the CHL prospects .. throw in lundell, Raymond, Holtz, stutzle, Askarov... This is the year to draft top 10 but doesn't look like that'll happen haha

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, cyoung said:

This top 10 is going to be one of the strongest groups in a long time ... Byfield, Lafreniere, Drysdale, perfetti, Zary, Rossi... And that's just the CHL prospects .. throw in lundell, Raymond, Holtz, stutzle, Askarov... This is the year to draft top 10 but doesn't look like that'll happen haha

U never know. STL was 31st in league in Jan and came back to win the cup. Who said the opposite can't happen :P 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Just cause he is not a ppg doesn't mean he is off to a bad start... guy is still 18. 

Sorry but ppg is a valid stat in chl. I don't expect him to light it up but if he can't produce at a certain level at that level then the next will be a struggle. I would not waste a pick on him at this point, unless he can explode.

19 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

LaFreniere and Byfield are obviously the dream, but I'd be extremely happy with Lundell as well. It's early, but I get Backstrom vibes from him. 

Pettersson - Lundell - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin

15 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

LaFreniere and Byfield are obviously the dream, but I'd be extremely happy with Lundell as well. It's early, but I get Backstrom vibes from him. 

Pettersson - Lundell - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin

Honestly, I would be so happy even if we win #3 pick. #3 pick is gonna be godly this draft. And OTT if they can finish last OMFG. Even 4th is god-like. 5th is amazing too <3. But the canucks aren't that bad so if we move up, it will be a lottery win or I think we will be slightly outside the top 10. 

7 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

Honestly, I would be so happy even if we win #3 pick. #3 pick is gonna be godly this draft. And OTT if they can finish last OMFG. Even 4th is god-like. 5th is amazing too <3. But the canucks aren't that bad so if we move up, it will be a lottery win or I think we will be slightly outside the top 10. 

If San Jose doesn't turn it around Ottawa will have two top 10 picks in what is regarded as the best draft since 2003 :o

Edited by Horvat is a Boss

8 minutes ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

If San Jose doesn't turn it around Ottawa will have two top 10 picks in what is regarded as the best draft since 2003 :o

Karma might come back to help OTT after losing their 1st rd pick to COL HAHA. If they have 2 top 10 picks they shud use one to pick that russian goalie. They might be bound for a quick turnaround after the draft. Who knows? 

Lets hope we win one of the lotteries assuming we miss playoffs :emot-parrot: (We bound for some lottery luck ok) 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DontMessMe said:

Karma might come back to help OTT after losing their 1st rd pick to COL HAHA. If they have 2 top 10 picks they shud use one to pick that russian goalie. They might be bound for a quick turnaround after the draft. Who knows? 

Lets hope we win one of the lotteries assuming we miss playoffs :emot-parrot: (We bound for some lottery luck ok) 

Goalies are very hit and miss. If I were Ottawa and having Chabot and Brannstrom on the backend for many years I’d double up on forwards in the top 10.

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Damn he would look great beside Bo right now ha or even petey. 

Anyone know if Cole is soft? I've only seen highlights. 

Lafreniere or Byfrield would look nice :)

Same for Holtz/Lundell/Raymond :) 

TANK TANK TANK. TANK THIS SEASON DO WELL NEXT SEASON WITH AN NHL READY PROSPECT THAT CAN SLIDE INTO OUR LINE UP NEXT SEASON! Well as in, 1st rd exit :D 

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

How good is Drysdale defensively?

Haven't been following the draft prospects this year, but from what I gather a modern day puck moving RHD like him could be exactly what we need. 

Him on one pair & Hughes on the other. 

From reports he’s like a makar.  His defence game is not an issue. Having him on and Hughes on alternating pairing can make us extremely deadly. Would love to have him on our squad.

• Thanks 1