The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Nashville interested in Gaudette at the draft

The way these things go, what probably happened is JB was shopping Sutter and Eriksson around. He got to Nashville and Poile was like "Wasn't he one of your best faceoff guys? I know he was injured, but why are you wanting to trade him out?" JB answers, "Well we got a guy in Gaudette, ready to take the helm, so moving Sutter has become an option, where as last season it wasn't." So then Poile talks to his scouts and they're high on him, so they send back an offer for Gaudette instead. JB says "No thanks, we're trying to move Sutter. He needs a fresh start." Then Poile sends a better offer and Benning just says flat out that "We aren't trading him for picks or as part of a Subban deal, unless you retain some salary." And that's the end of that conversation. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, 6string said:

Like Hirsch is saying Adam is NHL ready and its cost effecient too, time to move some baggage and make room for Gaudette!

I like Hirsch's optimism for sure but Gaudette needs to bring more to his game if he plans on working out.

• Wat 3

10 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I like Hirsch's optimism for sure but Gaudette needs to bring more to his game if he plans on working out.

Gaud looked better after he got sent back down to Utica.  He really should have spent the whole season down there developing but had to play with the Canucks due to injuries.

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I agree, this would be the norm with a good prospect getting his feet wet in the bigs.

Green has managed his minutes with development in mind, Adam is in good hands and carving a nice path.

Edited by 6string

6 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Zack MacEwan is a player I’m really excited about as well. He might turn into a guy who can slot into either wing as pure C’s tend to be able to do. I honestly can’t believe how underrated both of these players are. With how rapidly they have trended up they might come into training camp and blow a lot of minds. Zack MacEwan was absolutely savage at times last year on the comets. I’m not a fan of everything JB has done but both of these players are beautiful, nipple tingling assets. 

I thought MacEwen  looked good in his short audition with the Canucks as well.

• Cheers 3

Like o said many time, I would like to see a third line with Gaudette in the middle and Sutter on RW.

1- Sutter can be a good mentor for Gaudette

2- With Beagle at 4th, and Sutter in RW we have depth down the middle.  Beagle and Gaudette can interchange during the season depending on matchup and hot streak/slump  by either player.  Plus we keep a 5th C in case of injuries.  Sutter can slot in Basically anywhere in the line up on a short term basis

3- with Sutter in the wing might take less toll in his body and actually play 75+ games.

4- We have a backup centrrman for our « défensive » line.

• Upvote 1