The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vancouver's sudden increase in size.

Rate this topic

aqua59

48 minutes ago, mpt said:

I didn’t love the signing but I thought he’d be at least a consistent 50 point guy.  We just need to get rid of him, not sure he’s good to rub off on the other guys

Well i doubt we have to worry about that with Bo around.. 

However i would park his sorry ass in Utica until he decides to play like he did the last sedin game on a consistent basis...

Edited by iceman64

3 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Nooooooooo! Lmao... i think JB has other ideas to get rid of him and i'd be ecstatic if he does!  Would love to see Ferland here instead.. 

No reason why we couldn't do both.  I was in the no-way to Lucic camp before a couple of days ago when someone posted a line-up that included both Lucic and Ferland.  I really like the idea of a line-up that has some bite.  We've got Petey, he's got enough skill to carry the team, we just need to protect him because we know the NHL isn't going to.  I think Benning's onto that though and I for one am glad to see he is addressing that side of things (without losing too much speed or skill).

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, igorwasgreat said:

Is signing Ferland even a remote possibility ? I see Tryamkin mentioned , have I missed an indication by him he is coming back anytime soon 

We cannot sign Ferland if we plan on resigning Brock Boeser.  It's one or the other, no other way around it unless Jim moves heaven and earth (and another 1st round pick) to get rid of LE.  So no Ferland. 

As far as Tryamkin, he is finishing the three year contract that he signed and will be playing his last year this season. KHL season finishes before NHL, so there is a possibility that he comes over at the end of the season but it frankly doesn't make sense for anyone involved.  My guess is that next summer we will have our own version of Kawhi's Decision.  Hope LeBron or any other insignificant players aren't planning on having most of the spotlight haha 

I'm putting the odds at:  Tryamkin here this season (5%), Tryamkin here next year (65%), Tryamkin staying in KHL (30%).  

18 hours ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

No to Lucic, yes to eriksdone being moved::D

I'm liking the direction here. Also worth pointing out is that a lot of this size has some edge and bite. 

One question comes to mind. Considering where Benning came from, Boston, why did it take so long to go with size? 

Look at every single CUP winner. All have lots if size, speed and skill nicely comboed. No small smerf teams. 

The smaller players have to take advantage of this now. 

We don't need Lucic now. Id love Ferland in our line up.

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

We cannot sign Ferland if we plan on resigning Brock Boeser.  It's one or the other, no other way around it unless Jim moves heaven and earth (and another 1st round pick) to get rid of LE.  So no Ferland. 

So the question is: 

Is Ferland worth a 1st?

10 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

As far as Tryamkin, he is finishing the three year contract that he signed and will be playing his last year this season. KHL season finishes before NHL, so there is a possibility that he comes over at the end of the season but it frankly doesn't make sense for anyone involved.  My guess is that next summer we will have our own version of Kawhi's Decision.  Hope LeBron or any other insignificant players aren't planning on having most of the spotlight haha 

I'm putting the odds at:  Tryamkin here this season (5%), Tryamkin here next year (65%), Tryamkin staying in KHL (30%).  

I get the feeling that with 26 players signed, not all of them will be playing come opening day. No?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

I get the feeling that with 26 players signed, not all of them will be playing come opening day. No?

You are correct, however there is some rule about being able to only stash a million dollars or less per player in the minors. So we can’t send Louie down to the AHL and take away 6 mil from our cap situation. So if you look at cap friendly, I think you’ll find that we have three players (more to come) that we’ll be stashing away in the AHL for an extra couple of million in cap space.

48 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

You are correct, however there is some rule about being able to only stash a million dollars or less per player in the minors. So we can’t send Louie down to the AHL and take away 6 mil from our cap situation. So if you look at cap friendly, I think you’ll find that we have three players (more to come) that we’ll be stashing away in the AHL for an extra couple of million in cap space.

I wasn't thinking Louie I was thinking the players making less then a million and we do have players such as Brisebois and Gaudette(waivers exempt) who will almost certainly will be sent to the minors, barring any further trades. With a requirement of say 7 d and 13 forwards, should give us the ability to move 4 or 5 bodies out which would give us plenty of extra cap space IMO.

We currently have 10 d  and 15 F signed.

• Upvote 1

On 7/4/2019 at 12:39 PM, CoolCanucklehead said:

Yah this guy looks like he can take care of business if needed.

safe_image.php?d=AQDF0tFL0J_ZfTrP&w=540&h=282&url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fcanucksarmy.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fsites%2F3%2F2019%2F07%2FJustin-Bailey.jpg%3Ffit%3D1136%252C640%26ssl%3D1&cfs=1&upscale=1&fallback=news_d_placeholder_publisher&_nc_hash=AQAvtwDdGMb9WAvi

Bailey is a big winger measuring in at 6’4″ and 214 lbs that was selected in the 2nd round of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.

Despite being so big, Bailey is known for his speed and playing the game with pace. At times it appears that his hands can’t keep up with his feet. He is willing to be physical along the boards and in front of the net.

Bailey is another big body that the organization has brought in via agency as they look to add size to their ranks without sacrificing skill.

The right-handed winger will almost certainly start the season in the AHL but could work his way into the equation as a bottom-six forward.

2 years ago we played the sabres and Bailey was so impressive he dominated that game I cant wait we got a big boy that can skate wow i love this signing.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Better late than never.

I’m pretty much getting all I’ve asked for.

Its good to be a fan again.

The way I see it, teams take time to develop and there will always be needs that need to get filled. I think those needs can be hard to fulfill when a team has little value or ability to acquire the right assets.

Edited by The Lock

Just now, The Lock said:

The way I see it, teams take time to develop and there will always be needs that need to get filled. I think those needs can be hard to fulfill when a team has little value or ability to acquire the right assets.

It was pretty bad for a while there.

Just now, 189lb enforcers? said:

It was pretty bad for a while there.

Yeah, and really, look at any struggling team right now. For example, there's enough holes on Arizona's team to make the desert sink. :P

It's just how rebuilds go sometimes.