Sign in to follow this  
buddyguy

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

Recommended Posts

I'm all for a bridge contract to see what his numbers are after a couple seasons (and if he can stay healthy)

 

His first season was amazing but last season he certainly left a lot to be desired, numbers were inflated by EP. Injuries definitely hindered his shot and quite frankly I didn't see any urgency on the back check or any real consistent defensive play. 7 million a year for him is quite high IMO... 5.5ish cap hit on a 4 year bridge contract would be reasonable with it either top and end heavy or just progressively increased year by year.

 

Yes it is expensive to live in Vancouver but anyone making a million+/year is just fine lol, especially since the market has officially bubbled and is deflating.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BB will get signed a lot of hand wringing going on the sky is falling LOL. The point JB is making is no more pushing around our stars we are bigger meaner and harder to play against. So if you want to play hockey we can play any style you want. The press have been saying that JB is chasing the style of past Cup winners. Well look at the past 2 Big Skilled and can play anyway you want. Looks like the Canuck's  are trending that way.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, st33 said:

I'm all for a bridge contract to see what his numbers are after a couple seasons (and if he can stay healthy)

 

His first season was amazing but last season he certainly left a lot to be desired, numbers were inflated by EP. Injuries definitely hindered his shot and quite frankly I didn't see any urgency on the back check or any real consistent defensive play. 7 million a year for him is quite high IMO... 5.5ish cap hit on a 4 year bridge contract would be reasonable with it either top and end heavy or just progressively increased year by year.

 

Yes it is expensive to live in Vancouver but anyone making a million+/year is just fine lol, especially since the market has officially bubbled and is deflating.

 

To be fair, EP's 2nd half numbers were inflated by playing with Brock as well (after he got back to true form after his slow start returning from a major injury). He will get more than $5.5 if he signs a 4 year deal. I think it's at least $6M. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

To be fair, EP's 2nd half numbers were inflated by playing with Brock as well (after he got back to true form after his slow start returning from a major injury). He will get more than $5.5 if he signs a 4 year deal. I think it's at least $6M. 

Didn’t a guy with similar numbers just sign for 1 million in SAN Jose?  His signing should drag all future signings down.  Not down to 1 million, but down from what they would have been.  If Boeser was looking at 7 before, then (maybe?) now he’s looking at 5 to 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol.. you guys are so sour to the truth and/or criticism. My points exactly. https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/playoff-desperate-canucks-sign-micheal-ferland/ 

How are we going to sign Boeser? 

with a pen and paper I'd imagine.

 

"desperate" Canucks? its a good deal :lol:

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Didn’t a guy with similar numbers just sign for 1 million in SAN Jose?  His signing should drag all future signings down.  Not down to 1 million, but down from what they would have been.  If Boeser was looking at 7 before, then (maybe?) now he’s looking at 5 to 6

You cannot use the Labanc contract as a comparable to Brock or any of the other big RFAs that are still unsigned. 

 

1 - His contract is ridiculously unreasonable, and no GM is going to allow it to be used as a comparable

2 - His numbers really aren't similar to Brock's at all. Great young player indeed that deserved ~$4M/year, but not a comparable, sorry Alf. 

 

You could use Meier as a comparable for the other top outstanding RFAs though. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maketherightmove said:

To be fair, EP's 2nd half numbers were inflated by playing with Brock as well (after he got back to true form after his slow start returning from a major injury). He will get more than $5.5 if he signs a 4 year deal. I think it's at least $6M. 

Pettersson

Oct-Dec: 1.083 PPG

Jan-Apr: 0.771 PPG

 

Boeser

Oct-Dec: 0.897 PPG

Jan-Apr: 0.750 PPG

 

EP was still getting quite a few chances and driving play post-New Year's, just had bad puck luck. I don't see how this can be characterized as Brock inflating Petey's numbers at all. They both dipped.

 

I do agree that he gets more than $5.5M on a 4 year deal though. Probably $6-6.5M.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to relax. I still remember when everyone was freaking out about Horvat's  contract before he re-signed in September.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Gäz said:

The slide thing only applies to Junior players, playing in the the O/W/QMJ-HLs if I recall correctly. Different rules for players coming from college.

 

Nope. The slide applies. I'm sure of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Noseforthenet said:

Nope. The slide applies. I'm sure of it.

 

As per CapFriendly:

 

Quote

 

What is an Entry Level Slide?

If a player who is signed to an entry-level contract and is 18 or 19 years of age (as of September 15 of the signing year), does not play in a minimum of 10 NHL games (including both regular season and playoffs; AHL games do not count), their contract is considered to ‘slide’, or extend, by one year. For example, if a player signed an ELC for three seasons from 2015-16 to 2017-2018, and their contract slides, their contract is now effective from 2016-17 to 2018-19. An exception to this rule is that if the player is 19 on September 15 of the first year of their contract, and turns 20 between September 16 and December 31, their contract does not slide.

Players who sign at 18 years old are eligible to have their contracted extended for 2 seasons. This extension does not apply if the player turns 20 between September 16 and December 31 in his signing year. Signing bonuses do not slide, and are paid to the player regardless of a slide, this causes the annual average of the players contract to change, and therefore the cap hit decreases for this player.
 

 

 

Quinn signed on March 10th, 2019, making his signing year 2019. His birthday being October 14th, he turns 20 between Sept. 16th and Dec. 31st, the slide does not apply.

 

A list of potential slide candidates for the league for 2018-19 (as well as 19-20) can be found here. And a supporting article about his signing, dated March 11th, 2019, here.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Drakrami said:

lol.. you guys are so sour to the truth and/or criticism. My points exactly. https://nhl.nbcsports.com/2019/07/10/playoff-desperate-canucks-sign-micheal-ferland/ 

How are we going to sign Boeser? 

This is from a network that considers Mike Milbury fit to comment on hockey, despite being the worst GM in the history of the league, and an unprofessional buffoon on the ice.  Employing that idiot negates any legitimacy of your operation.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gäz said:

Pettersson

Oct-Dec: 1.083 PPG

Jan-Apr: 0.771 PPG

 

Boeser

Oct-Dec: 0.897 PPG

Jan-Apr: 0.750 PPG

 

EP was still getting quite a few chances and driving play post-New Year's, just had bad puck luck. I don't see how this can be characterized as Brock inflating Petey's numbers at all. They both dipped.

 

I do agree that he gets more than $5.5M on a 4 year deal though. Probably $6-6.5M.

If Brock is signed for 4 years at 6-6.5 - I'd take that and run. 

 

If he signs for 5 years, I'd be more than willing to give him 7-7.5 million. 

 

I'm sure the Canucks want to sign him up long term. I'd see if they can sign Boeser to 5 years. I'd hate to negotiate both Horvat and Boeser's contract when they're both up at the same time. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/6/2019 at 12:05 PM, hammertime said:

I don't think he is better than Bo and in my mind hasn't proved it thus far

It is fair to see Horvat is a harder checker. Is a physical handful. Commendably plays the game with spirit! Plus he's a pivot, and takes draws.Most in the NHL and wins them.

 

Pretty valuable. 

 

I believe that is where it ends. Boeser is still a very responsible defensive player using positioning, body strength. He's 210 lbs.  Always between his man & the net, his man & the puck. Does not take shifts off. Still a guy the coach can rely on!  He is also flat our better with the puck. Horvat tries to bull past D. But if he cannot? Chips & pushes it into the corner and ties it up.  Tries & wins a share of his battles? Brock simply protect the rubber, dangles and hold guys off. He gains the zone with possession. A key guy for zone entries. Makes plays with the puck. He then uses smarts & body position to slip away from checks. He's dangerous, you cannot leave him alone once he gives up the puck.

 

You turn your head defensively? He's backdoor. Or in Ovi's slot, at the top of the opposite circle. Ready to unload that howitzer. Gets it off quickly picking corners at will. Boeser was 0.81 points per game while playing coming off injury this year. 0.89 points per game last year.  Both better than any year put up by Horvat. A significantly more effective offensive player. Looks every bit like a guy who will be a 70 point & 40 goal man when he plays full seasons. 

 

80 or 100 points approaching 50 goals as he develops. As the Canucks also improve with him, move to a game played at pace. You are under rating Boeser IMO.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.