The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Boeser Camp Eyeing 4 Year Deal Worth $28M

13 minutes ago, VancouverIteinSanDiego said:

To be fair he hasn't actually made that much money and with his next contract he'll know his income and what he can buy in Vancouver a condo or house 

Very true. The point of him making this place his home should be examined once his gets his big pay day. Housing isn’t exactly cheap out here.

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Why is he highly underrated. Is it a secret only certain people know? 

If BB was a great playmaker we would all know about it.  He's loved by this fan base. No one under rates him on anything in Vancouver.  

His best quality is his shot. He's a pure goal scorer. Sniper.

He needs a playmaker to play with in order to be successful.  Someone who gets him the puck to shoot.  EP40 is the playmaker. 

EP wasn't in the lineup in Brock's rookie season. He played with Horvat, who isn't what anyone would consider a traditional playmaking center, and I think we can all agree that Brock did exceedingly well that year, despite not having EP to play with.

Brock ended up with 30 assists in 69 games last year, and 26 in 62 the year before that. Contrast that to someone like Laine, who only wound up with 20 assists in 82 games last season, and 26 in 82 the year before that. 

You're simply not being fair to the player.

I'll also add that in Boeser's first season, he netted 55 points in 62 games, which, extrapolated over 82 games, would have him at roughly 73 points in 82 games. In his second (injury riddled) season he netted 56 points in 69 games, which extrapolated over an 82 game season, would have him at roughly 66-67 points in 82 games. So unless we're expecting Brock to be injured significantly every year, his PPG pace makes him more than the "60 point player" that another user suggested. Add to that the fact that for every season Brock has been here our blueline has been one of the most imobile in the league, and the suggestion holds even less water,

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot
  • Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Shaelon said:

Am I the only one who thinks Boeser doesnt envision himself here long term? Why would he? He spends his entire off-season / breaks in Minny and just rents a downtown Vancouver Condo during the season. Doesn't sound like a guy who is thinking of long term with the Canucks. I feel he wants to make sure he'll get max value and get a chance to go play for his hometown team of Minnesota

I don't see this at all. Boeser is a young guy that goes back to see his family in the summer.

If he meets a Vancouver girl then he settles down here in all likelihood.  And if he doesn't and does want to go back to Minny then management needs to ensure they unload him at the peak of his game for huge assets.

I am fine with either.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Kanukfanatic said:

I agree with everything you say here and also think that Brock gets undervalued as a play maker. In his first season he was making some out of this world passes and he can do so when needed. Last year Petey was always trying to get him the puck so he could shoot but he can both shoot and pass very well imo.

Exactly. I understand that, like with every player, Brock's game isn't perfect. However, to imply that he's a one dimensional hockey player simply isn't true.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Exactly. I understand that, like with every player, Brock's game isn't perfect. However, to imply that he's a one dimensional hockey player simply isn't true.

I see a lot of Rick Middleton in Brock’s game.  Like you say, Brock controls the puck, and makes smart plays.  Plus, of course, he can score. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I see a lot of Rick Middleton in Brock’s game.  Like you say, Brock controls the puck, and makes smart plays.  Plus, of course, he can score. 

He can drive the play well, as we saw in the ladder half of last season when EP dried up a bit, and he has great vision and anticipation as well. You have to if you aren't the fastest player in the world. If he can stay healthy next season and the improved blueline can rack up us many points as I think they can, I can see him performing at a PPG pace. It wouldn't be all that far off the pace he performs at now. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@48MPHSlapShot

Horvat averages over 30 assist per 82 games last 3 seasons and you say he's not a playmaker but BB averages about that and he's a great playmaker? 

Why do you consider one to be a great playmaker but not the other with similar assists. 

I'm not saying BB can't pass the puck. 

Horvats line desperately needs a skilled passing winger. No one says put Boeser with Horvat line so he can be set up winger. We all including mgmt want to get them a Nyquist type player. That's why ppl wanted Panarin  a skilled winger who can pass for Horvat line. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

@48MPHSlapShot

Horvat averages over 30 assist per 82 games last 3 seasons and you say he's not a playmaker but BB averages about that and he's a great playmaker? 

Why do you consider one to be a great playmaker but not the other with similar assists. 

I'm not saying BB can't pass the puck. 

Horvats line desperately needs a skilled passing winger. No one says put Boeser with Horvat line so he can be set up winger. We all including mgmt want to get them a Nyquist type player. That's why ppl wanted Panarin  a skilled winger who can pass for Horvat line. 

Wee Willie Nylander, or Mr. Playoffs Ehlers on Bo’s wing?   

• Haha 1

Just now, WHL rocks said:

If you go back to the OG post, I said that Boeser was a "highly underrated playmaker". I never said he was one of the best in the league. However, when a certain sect of people say that the only thing he's good at is goal scoring, I take offense, because it's objectively false. 

If people talked about Horvat like the way some talk about Boeser, I would refer to him as a "highly underrated playmaker" as well. 

I do agree that Horvat's line is in need of a Nyquist type player. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

EP wasn't in the lineup in Brock's rookie season. He played with Horvat, who isn't what anyone would consider a traditional playmaking center, and I think we can all agree that Brock did exceedingly well that year, despite not having EP to play with.

Brock ended up with 30 assists in 69 games last year, and 26 in 62 the year before that. Contrast that to someone like Laine, who only wound up with 20 assists in 82 games last season, and 26 in 82 the year before that. 

You're simply not being fair to the player.

I'll also add that in Boeser's first season, he netted 55 points in 62 games, which, extrapolated over 82 games, would have him at roughly 73 points in 82 games. In his second (injury riddled) season he netted 56 points in 69 games, which extrapolated over an 82 game season, would have him at roughly 66-67 points in 82 games. So unless we're expecting Brock to be injured significantly every year, his PPG pace makes him more than the "60 point player" that another user suggested. Add to that the fact that for every season Brock has been here our blueline has been one of the most imobile in the league, and the suggestion holds even less water,

im with you, I wasnt a big fan of petey and boes together.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

im with you, I wasnt a big fan of petey and boes together.

I don't mind them together as long as they have the right complimentary piece. Hopefully Miller can fill that role, although watching some of Hoglander's highlights, I kind of feel as though he would compliment them really well. Not the best finisher, but he can strip and carry the puck really well. 

Regardless, it's nice to have a few options now.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I don't mind them together as long as they have the right complimentary piece. Hopefully Miller can fill that role, although watching some of Hoglander's highlights, I kind of feel as though he would compliment them really well. Not the best finisher, but he can strip and carry the puck really well. 

Regardless, it's nice to have a few options now.

i think he plays a much better game with Bo and I like Petey without Boes, he shoots more.

Just now, stawns said:

i think he plays a much better game with Bo and I like Petey without Boes, he shoots more.

Putting Petey with Miller and Bo with Boes would give us a pretty solid 1-2 punch. I could see Pearson, who's strong along the boards and could keep plays alive as they go deep, playing with Petey and Miller, while Baer, who's a strong playmaker, could slot in with Bo and Boes. 

Again, nice to have options.

3 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I don't see this at all. Boeser is a young guy that goes back to see his family in the summer.

If he meets a Vancouver girl then he settles down here in all likelihood.  And if he doesn't and does want to go back to Minny then management needs to ensure they unload him at the peak of his game for huge assets.

I am fine with either.

If he meets a Vancouver girl there’s nothing stopping him from bringing her back to Minnesota either. I know Brock wants to be a Canuck but he’s still a born and bred Minny boy and there’s something about that place that keeps drawing people back.

8 minutes ago, Bitter Melon said:

If he meets a Vancouver girl there’s nothing stopping him from bringing her back to Minnesota either. I know Brock wants to be a Canuck but he’s still a born and bred Minny boy and there’s something about that place that keeps drawing people back.

Burnsville is about 30min from the X.  Far more convenient for his family to watch him play live half the season vs occasionally travelling to Vancouver. 

10 hours ago, The Great Canucks said:

Yeah, I did. You're a perfect example of pot meeting kettle.

Are you even going to bother having a discussion on a discussion board are do you just come here to take personal shots at people who disagree with you?

22 minutes ago, mll said:

Burnsville is about 30min from the X.  Far more convenient for his family to watch him play live half the season vs occasionally travelling to Vancouver. 

It's too bad Sakic, Yzerman, Neidermeyer, etc all didn't want to play closer to home so their family could watch them play more.

Doesn't seem everyone wants to necessarily play closer to "home".

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2