The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Cap information, misconceptions, Rosters makeup, things you really should know before you post

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

3 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

I haven't reacted at all to any of the Leafs' estimates. But I do have a response to your non-answer: quite disappointed.

actually you are right their so more to the answer, some is partly the accounting and some is due to the day they said it. 

1) their current cap space with there currently signed players is $3.765 million which is at 23 players,

2) they have had multiple signs in the last few days as each player is signed the cap space available goes down

3) some cap experts are stating the number without factoring in Horton LTIR 

4) Some are stating the number with the LTIR of Hortons salary which would lead to a larger cap availability.

So which one is it would be the next logical question,

It will be determined by Dudas and his management team as to what they can do with their cap. Read the posts above to understand what the cap scenarios could be I have posted how LTIR works 

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

if the Leafs max out to the top of the Cap ceiling and then place Horton on LTIR, they could go over the cap by $5.3 million (Hortans cap hit) and create themselves a new cap Ceiling, of 81.5 +5.3= 86.8 million dollars. then reshuffle there players and sign Marner. Keep in mind that a team does not have to hold 23 players that is a max roster. A minimum would be 12 forwards 6 defence 2 goalies total 20 players. 

It is nice to point out that it is not all sweet for them they currently have a roster that doesn't have a single player waiver exempt.

32 minutes ago, oldnews said:

how does a team conduct a #proper-rebuild, stockpile all the picks in the process, and manage to have not a single waiver exempt asset in their lineup?

I thought Travis Dermott was waiver exempt, doesn't he have one more year on his ELC

15 minutes ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

I thought Travis Dermott was waiver exempt, doesn't he have one more year on his ELC

He is ELC but ELC is not how waiver exempt is determined but how many games he has played and at what age he signed his contract and when he actually started playing. 

Edited by Arrow 1983
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, KariyaSakicAnderson said:

Thanks, I kinda know how it works, I forgot that Travis had his first two years slide which ended his waiver last year.

no problem I will answer any ones question about the CBA and Cap. and those that want to be jerks can be jerks I'm here for those who actually want to know

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

no problem I will answer any ones question about the CBA and Cap. and those that want to be jerks can be jerks I'm here for those who actually want to know

Thanks for the efforts Arrow

It disappoints me a little to see the names of some of the guys not taking this seriously

You are a good resource

Still not sure I understand, but I will re-read a couple of times before my questions start 

Thanks for the effort, and offer

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Imagine if Jimtard slept through July first and didn’t overrate his own acquisitions

7596627B-F450-43D4-BE35-75A8791ADB51.jpeg

So if Bo gets run over by a car after the 1st game of the season, his stat would be Horvat 5,5Mill (0)... thus a poor contract?

1 hour ago, spook007 said:

So if Bo gets run over by a car after the 1st game of the season, his stat would be Horvat 5,5Mill (0)... thus a poor contract?

Oh shoosh. My ex wife spent money wiser than this. 

Edited by Bubble Man
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bubble Man said:

It’s the truthful ones that hurt the most. If you’re ugly and someone calls you ugly. It hurts a lot more because you know you’re ugly. 

Hahahaha...I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it ::D

On a more serious note... My point was to pick and chose...

While there is a few stinkers in there, The Pearson example is garbage. He scored 9 goals in 19 games here...thats near 40goals pace at 3,75M, I 'd say thats a pretty good contact. And Baertschi was scoring at nearly 30 goal pace, again pretty good at 3,3M.  

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

28 minutes ago, spook007 said:

Hahahaha...I wouldn't know, but I'll take your word for it ::D

On a more serious note... My point was to pick and chose...

While there is a few stinkers in there, The Pearson example is garbage. He scored 9 goals in 19 games here...thats near 40goals pace at 3,75M, I 'd say thats a pretty good contact. And Baertschi was scoring at nearly 30 goal pace, again pretty good at 3,3M.  

Cool projections bro.

I swear I can’t remember the last time I saw Baertschi playing like back to back games. He is always watching the team suck from up in the box. Pretty hard to stay healthy when you’re built like Ellen DeGeneres. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

Cool projections bro.

I swear I can’t remember the last time I saw Baertschi playing like back to back games. He is always watching the team suck from up in the box. Pretty hard to stay healthy when you’re built like Ellen DeGeneres. 

:lol:... 

Exactly... see how numbers can be used to support your narratives...

I think you will be pleasantly surprised this season... as a Canuck fan.

5 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I can’t wait to be the next Minnesota Wild okynasty

Time will tell... But if I had to choose I'd rather be that, than being the Oilers... After all the draft is over after two days, the season last 7 months +

At some stage we need play offs to see where we really are... and you also need to be in it, to win it...

PS do you ever go to the games?

Edited by spook007
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, spook007 said:

Time will tell... But if I had to choose I'd rather be that, than being the Oilers... After all the draft is over after two days, the season last 7 months +

At some stage we need play offs to see where we really are... and you also need to be in it, to win it...

Lol, why do people use the Oilers as this grande warning of what happens if you don’t do what Jim Benning is doing. The Oilers have had some terrible management. What’s funny though is Benning is actually following the oilers model closer than you realize. We are in a cap crunch despite being the worst team in the league the last 4 seasons. That’s the GM walk of shame right there. A lottery Cap team. #inbenningwetrust.