The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Laine in "deep talks" with Montreal

Don't know how credible this guy is but he hosts NHL's Sirius XM channel. He was also the first one to report Montreal's offer to Aho. He also says Islanders are in talks with Marner.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Man, if Winnipeg loses Laine too.....wow. Trouba, Myers, Laine. They may have to jump balls deep into a rebuild, or at least a retool. 

what the heck is going on in Winnipeg?  when's the last time we saw a forced rebuild from so many players jumping ship?

Hope it happens tho, just makes our playoff chances better.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Laine will have to play fortifié

I was reading about someone who actually followed Laine's fortnight usage, and tracked his playing stats against them.  Apparently, when his usage went up, his performance went down, but could all be just internet hooie.  Takes the heat off of Juolevi at the very least.

• Upvote 3

Is Laine a perennial 30g guy or a 45 goal guy moving forward - I think it's an honest question and the answer would determine if Wpg matches and offer or not imo?

If Winnipeg believes he's a 30g guy  (or thereabouts), then it might make sense not to match if a team gives him an offer over the high value number  (which i forgot what the actual number is).  

The compensation for an offer like that may be worth more to Wpg given their recent personell losses and aging core. Losing Laine would leave a hole for sure but one that could be recouped  (and then some) theoretically with the compensation. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Solinar said:

I was reading about someone who actually followed Laine's fortnight usage, and tracked his playing stats against them.  Apparently, when his usage went up, his performance went down, but could all be just internet hooie.  Takes the heat off of Juolevi at the very least.

I remember that. The amount of Fortnite he played did correspond with his performance. I’m not sure if Laine was the guy from that story about the prospect with a game addiction (he was already in the NHL when the story broke) but it does seem like he’d be best served to spend less time gaming.

• Cheers 2

A little over a year ago Bergevin's Dumpster Fire was competing with Chiarelli's Tire Fire.

Now he's trying to move up into the top floor with Yzerman, Poile, Armstrong and Sweeney. Give him credit he's filled some holes and now reaching deep into the playbook.

• Upvote 1