The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Putting another rumour to bed, breach of contract, and how it pertains to Eriksson.

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

8 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

He had 3 hits last season. IN 81 GAMES. No effing fan thinks he's doing ANY job.

What a defensive animal.

Pettersson had 42.

I don't hate him, i don't like his attitude as a player or his pre-retirement recreational hockey mentality.

Im not one of those fans, I am a big advocate of Benning and all of his moves and love the Myers and Benn deals and at the time, people were bidding for Eriksson at FA. Not his fault, no one saw this coming.

references:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/petteel01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/erikslo01.html

How many hits had the Sedins under a season?

I need some perspective...

• Haha 1

Anyway... ummm i wonder if JB is able to pull a move to dump some salary somehow, we need a top 6 that have 2 physical forwards, 1 on each line obviously and make the closest thing to Gretz Mess and kurr as you can.. my point is there is always muscle and skilled even better! That's what we got with JT on first line and that move was worth what we paid and more.. but a good scoring 2nd line with another JT as in Ferland, who could play on 1st line if JT ever went down that's a huge bonus because Bo and Petey need that style of player the most out of both lines.. but if i was another team i would not look forward to playing against those 2 lines.

Wonder if Gaudette could pull off 3rd line center full time? We could always Trade Sutter for a pick and buy out baer maybe?  Still have Boes to sign too so probably another player for a pick might get Fer and Flow... shrugs, there i go dreaming again... LE just retire or move back to sweden and play there... grrrrr i've hated this cap the moment i heard about it! And Luongo i hate you 3 million times!!! Fack!

Edited by iceman64

On 7/7/2019 at 7:15 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

I'm sure Eriksson will report to Utica if this where to ever happen. But I don't see this ever happening the Canucks would get very minimum cap relieve by doing this.

Of course he would report. Because not reporting means he leaves a bunch of money on the table. Zero chance he does that and who can blame him?

I could actually see the Canucks waiving him and sending him to Utica. But i still see it as a small chance at this point.

On 7/7/2019 at 5:35 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

The rumour that Eriksson didn't answer Bennings call is complete bs.

1) if their was an issue with Eriksson and the Canucks organization Benning would Call Eriksson's agent

2) if Benning did call Eriksson directly, Eriksson is not required to pick up or talk to Benning. What would happen is Eriksson would call his agent and ask his agent to call Benning, Eriksson could ask his agent to inform Benning tha He ( Eriksson would like all matters to go through his agent). If Benning kept calling Eriksson after Benning has been informed of this Benning could be under the breach of contract

3) the conclusion therefore, is the person who started this rumour was just trying to stir the pot and make headlines. Anyone understanding contract procedure would not breach a contract, therefore Benning as GM and president of an NHL club with a legal department would understand contract procedure.

They call it "if there was an issue" and not "if their was an issue". Now do you get what the issue is? :emot-parrot:

10 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Eriksson is neither of the twins.. there is no comparison..    

@Johnny Torts Just gave you an example of hits by EP 40 in his rookie year..

“He had 3 hits last season. IN 81 GAMES. No effing fan thinks he's doing ANY job.

What a defensive animal.

Pettersson had 42.”

Timrafan...  stick with the SELeague..    this is the World Class NHL.

• Cheers 2

He had 3 hits last season. IN 81 GAMES. No effing fan thinks he's doing ANY job.

What a defensive animal.

Pettersson had 42.

I don't hate him, i don't like his attitude as a player or his pre-retirement recreational hockey mentality.

Im not one of those fans, I am a big advocate of Benning and all of his moves and love the Myers and Benn deals and at the time, people were bidding for Eriksson at FA. Not his fault, no one saw this coming.

references:

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/p/petteel01.html

https://www.hockey-reference.com/players/e/erikslo01.html

13 hours ago, Timråfan said:

Those 42 hits didn't make Petey a better hockeyplayer... It made him worse.

Let goons be goons and let hockeyplayers play hockey.

Regarding Benning, I donvt have a problem with him if he learns to tackle the media.

12 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Made petey play worse??!! You kidding me! He showed fire and push back something you want from your future star player unless you want to go back to gentleman hockey and not win jack....

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

How did he play hockey better? He hit people when he should outplay/-smart them.

11 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I am not sure if you know the concept of hockey or not. Just like basketball you need to play both defense and offense. Just because you are gifted at offense it does not give you a pass on not playing defense. The Sedins made up for a lot of this because, in their hayday, they possessed the puck for the majority of their shifts and did not need to play too much defense. This became a big deficiency in their latter years as their bodies slowed down due to age and they could not defend when needed. This also hindered them in the playoffs as they were affected by tighter checking.

Players such as Petey shows that they are willing to do anything to win the game which includes playing defense to the best of their ability. The same could not be said for Goldobin, unfortunately. Petey is doing this before he has even grown into a Man's body. That shows a lot of guts and determination, something you want in a player going after a Cup. 

Peter Forsberg showed this same type of play and he has 2 Stanley Cups to prove this type of play is successful. The same for N. Lidstrom.

Players today need to be swiss army knives in that they need to have several attributes to be successful. There are very few "Goons" left and with teams rolling 4 lines nowadays, you need to be fast, be offensive, be defensive and be able to take hits as well as dish them out. If you can't do these things then you will leave your team with a deficiency they will have to make up somewhere else. Sadly, this is where Loui is leaving this team in which their hands are tied due to his contract.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

On 7/8/2019 at 12:35 PM, RowdyCanuck said:

@Timråfan watch this....they see the same player I do and most fans see....

Thanks for this RC.. it’s the head of the nail...

IF Eriksson can rectify his comments with Green before the season.  IF Eriksson is in peak physical condition. 

IF Eriksson starts this season,  He needs to drink a bottle of Nasty before every game.

IF Eriksson goes back to perimeter pond hockey... he is buried.

• Upvote 3

People so desperate to get rid of Eriksson they are trying to BS a breach of contract on him.

If the Canucks even tried that it would bury them with agents and players. There are other mechanisms for underperforming players. Trades, waivers, buyout. Trying to terminate based on him not picking up the phone is one of the dumbest things i have read on cdc and thats saying something. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Silver Ghost said:

People so desperate to get rid of Eriksson they are trying to BS a breach of contract on him.

If the Canucks even tried that it would bury them with agents and players. There are other mechanisms for underperforming players. Trades, waivers, buyout. Trying to terminate based on him not picking up the phone is one of the dumbest things i have read on cdc and thats saying something. 

Is that really so surprising? 

2 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Also pretty dumb to mention three things that have been discussed ad nauseam and known to not be useful re. this contract..

• Cheers 1