The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Sharks re-sign Kevin Labanc

6 minutes ago, apollo said:

Lol he has a pretty funny twitter name. 

Not sure what his AAV is but I'm guessing around 1 mill 

40pts 2 years ago and 56pts last year for the Sharks? I think probably a little more then a mill. B)

7 minutes ago, rekker said:

Man, players go to San Jose and never leave. Beautiful area and a competitive team so cant blame them. 

He was RFA - a 6th rounder in 2014.  He is only 23. 

He confirmed that no team contacted him on an offer sheet.  

1 hour ago, EdgarM said:

40pts 2 years ago and 56pts last year for the Sharks? I think probably a little more then a mill. B)

Yea don't get me wrong, the guy deserves more... But timo Meier got 6 AAV when he easily could have got 9 mill 

Sharks guys taking discounts to win... 

Too bad their dreams will be ruined when the Canucks spank their candy asses! 

Capfriendly showing 1 mill, hope it's wrong and they paid 5 mill so they have less cap! 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Well Brock - $7MM / year?   I must admit if those rumors for Boeser are accurate I think it is over payment based on the current picture across the league.  In  my opinion he shouldn't get more than Bo on a shorter term deal and I believe that is fair based on what he has done to date. 

Karlsson in Vegas is a reasonable comparison and he is a center.  Plus there are numerous deals being signed for less to proven players.  Brock does have upside - but I really don't like that $7MM + number.  If those are the numbers I would not be upset if he was dealt for the right return.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, apollo said:

Yea don't get me wrong, the guy deserves more... But timo Meier got 6 AAV when he easily could have got 9 mill 

Sharks guys taking discounts to win... 

Too bad their dreams will be ruined when the Canucks spank their candy asses! 

Capfriendly showing 1 mill, hope it's wrong and they paid 5 mill so they have less cap! 

Timo Meier "easily" could have got 9 mil?

He and Boeser both have 116 points and are 22, but Boeser did it in 140 games, Meier in 193.  What is Boeser worth if Meier is easily worth 9 mil?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Seems unlikely that Labanc approached the Sharks about signing a $1M contract but whatever the reason is, that is an amazing 1-year deal for the Sharks.  They weren't really even in cap trouble but I guess Thornton is still not signed and I presume they'll try to work something out if he wants to come back.

• Upvote 1