The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Van-Vegas

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I would like a proven play maker for Bo but I would rather pony up some more and with a little luck dump both BS and LE.

If Benning can swing a deal for a top six or a young tweener in the NHL that is developing and projected to grow into a top six - sure.

But for an unknown commodity at disrupting the locker room comradery with the investment and development of a 22 year old core member...Not!

Edited by 6string
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 6string said:

If Benning can swing a deal for a top six or a young tweener in the NHL that is developing and projected to grow into a top six - sure.

But for an unknown commodity at disrupting the locker room comradery and the investment and development of a 22 year old core member...Not!

I agree, I don't want a gamble in a trade for Jake. JV based on what he makes and his growth and what he offers the team is just fine.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I agree, I don't want a gamble in a trade for Jake. JV based on what he makes and his growth and what he offers the team is just fine.

I believe a cap hit of $1.25 million it is more than fine and he's well liked in the dressing room from what I hear from others.

I just wish he would become a gym rat though.

Edited by 6string

1 hour ago, 6string said:

I just wish he would become a gym rat though.

While physical strength is always great - he already has that in spades.

I believe he needs to be mentored over the summer by someone who can teach him how to play the game better. He has all the tools but still has a lot to learn - if he can.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, kloubek said:

While physical strength is always great - he already has that in spades.

I believe he needs to be mentored over the summer by someone who can teach him how to play the game better. He has all the tools but still has a lot to learn - if he can.

He is very selective with his "spades". Clearly he is not in the top end of being in NHL shape.

He should spend a summer with Horvat to learn how, along with the mentoring.

On 7/8/2019 at 1:55 PM, Rick Blight said:

I have no interest in giving up current assets for KHL players as I have no idea how they will transition their game from the KHL to the NHL.Two seasons ago, Ilya Kovalchuk was the leading scorer in the KHL and looked like a shadow of his former self this year with L.A. Philip Larson (remember him?)was the KHL top defenseman the same season. How do you project what KHL players will do in North America when you see where known ex-NHL players are ranked in the KHL? Even when you look at their playoff leading scorers this year you will see Mikhail Grigorenko and Teemu Hartikainen as the top 2 scorers.while Gusev was fourth. Grigorenko's best season in the NHL was 27 points while Hartikainen's was a whopping 5 points.

Gusev could be a decent NHL player but from my perspective I would not like to gamble by giving up assets like Virtanen for him. We simply do not know if Gusev will be a bust, a star or somewhere in between so why make this move.

As a side note, Gusev is 27 as of today so he is relatively old for our core and he is 5'9" and 154 lbs........can he handle the rigors of the NHL?

lol anyone can see it coming for kovalchuk.. he's 34+ now 36+ obviously he's gonna regress in the NHL.. and based on everything you have said about the KHL most if not all are a bust in the NHL.. by that logic i guess we shouldn't try to get Tryamkin to come back to Vancouver coz there's a good chance he'll be a bust. bringing Tryamkin back will not be cheap he ain't coming back for 1mil to leave home. and 4+ mil is a risk/gamble. same with Podkolzin we should do everything we can to get him out of russia coz even if he dominates there doesn't mean anything in the NHL