The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Golden Knights re-sign Malcom Subban

7 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Easiest job in the world? (jk) I imagine Fluery doesn't give up the net much.

Yes, very difficult to take games away from Fluery, for sure.

22 games a year (for the past 2 seasons) isn't  very good for his development though.  Signed for 1yr @ $850,000 and still an rfa at the end of the season. 

I don't think anyone would be happy to see Demko in this situation in two years.

Pacioretty, statsny, stone,smith marchessault all have movement clauses.

Of the player contracts with no clauses are Tuch,Karlsson, Eakin and Theodore.

Karlsson was just re-signed,he's not moving.

Eakin not worth a hell of alot and also vegas shallow at C.

Theodore is a steal at that aav, again vgk short on D men.

Tuch or a taker for Clarkson's cap hit are about the only moveable cap. 

4 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Thats not happening. Tuch is one of the ladt options they would trade to clear cap.

1 minute ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

Pacioretty, statsny, stone,smith marchessault all have movement clauses.

Of the player contracts with no clauses are Tuch,Karlsson, Eakin and Theodore.

Karlsson was just re-signed,he's not moving.

Eakin not worth a hell of alot and also vegas shallow at C.

Theodore is a steal at that aav, again vgk short on D men.

Tuch or a taker for Clarkson's cap hit are about the only moveable cap. 

Players with no movement in their contract get moved all the time. Plus they would move Eakin first and would surely find a taker there.

25 minutes ago, Silver Ghost said:

Players with no movement in their contract get moved all the time. Plus they would move Eakin first and would surely find a taker there.

They could move Eakin, but that's probably not enough.  They're over the cap by almost $4M.  Moving Eakin would take them to around $0 cap space (assuming he would be traded for a draft pick).  They still need to move another body AND add a defenceman or two (they only have 5 signed).  So likely Reaves needs to go as well.  Then likely sign a borderline NHL defenceman for league minimum.

OUT:  Reaves, Eakin

IN:  League minimum defenceman

Tuch for Juolevi gets them a defenceman that will likely be able to play bottom pair minutes and move up the depth chart as he gains experience.  Yes, they lose quality, but I consider Juolevi to be quality as well (he's only 21 years old, and still highly touted).  I'd even give up a 2nd rounder as well.  Then they just need to move Reaves or Eakin for a pick and be done. 

OUT:  Tuch, one of Reaves or Eakin

IN:  Juolevi, 2nd round pick

Edited by HKSR

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

They could move Eakin, but that's probably not enough.  They're over the cap by almost $4M.  Moving Eakin would take them to around $0 cap space (assuming he would be traded for a draft pick).  They still need to move another body AND add a defenceman or two (they only have 5 signed).  So likely Reaves needs to go as well.  Then likely sign a borderline NHL defenceman for league minimum.

Tuch for Juolevi gets them a defenceman that will likely be able to play bottom pair minutes and move up the depth chart as he gains experience.  Yes, they lose quality, but I consider Juolevi to be quality as well (he's only 21 years old, and still highly touted).  Then they just need to move Reaves or Eakin for a pick and be done. 

I highly doubt Juolevi alone is enough to get Tuch. I mean, other teams have to be looking at Benning bringing in defensemen as a sign he may not believe Juolevi is ready. If I was McPhee there is no way I make that trade. Othef teams would make far better offers for Tuch than that imo.

No way in hell Vegas is moving Tuch unless they’re getting a stud coming back.  

It would probably take Juolevi, Gaudette and a pick. 

You are all discounting how much McPhee bent over every GM and held them for hostage during the expansion draft.  Do you really think teams are lining up to help out McPhee by tossing quality assets in his direction to unload cap now?  They'll be lucky to get a 5th round pick for Reaves and/or Eakin.  If the VGK are happy with that, then power to them.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Silver Ghost said:

Okay, so vegas moves eakin. Who plays #1PK and 3c shutdown ? Vegas has depth on the wings.  Tuch for a top 4 defender makes alot of sense for vgk. Vegas needs dmen and C depth. Their roster has 3 centers in statsny, karlsson and eakin with glass working his way in sometime soonish.

Pacioretty stastny stone

Smith Karlsson marchessault 

Gusev (unsigned) Eakin Tuch

nosek Pirri reaves glass?

29 minutes ago, HKSR said:

You are all discounting how much McPhee bent over every GM and held them for hostage during the expansion draft.  Do you really think teams are lining up to help out McPhee by tossing quality assets in his direction to unload cap now?  They'll be lucky to get a 5th round pick for Reaves and/or Eakin.  If the VGK are happy with that, then power to them.

They would be happier with that than trading Tuch lol

3 hours ago, HKSR said:

Ok, Vegas seriously needs to move some cap out.  They're almost $4M over the cap lol!

To VAN:

Alex Tuch

To Vegas:

Olli Juolevi

VGK are quite thin at center with the loss of Haula and Bellemare. Their middle will look like:

Karlsson

Stastny

Eakin

Pirri

Glass will likely play in the AHL and be injury callup since they have no other centers on the main roster.

But they don’t need to worry about cap. I think they will resign Engelland to a 1-year deal of about $1m then bring up Nic Hague to increase to 7 Dmen.

This will bring them to about $5.2m over the cap. They will put Clarkson on LTIR and get relief for his $5.25m.

They will run with 14 F + 7 D.

No dramas.