The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Nylander (Buf) traded to Chi for Jokiharju

1 minute ago, Gäz said:

Buffalo picking up a young RHD... Getting closer to a Risto move?

Let's hope, it's sure getting crowded there.  Someone's gotta be heading out, either him or Bogosian.

Ristolainen

Bogosian

Miller

Montour

Nylander supposedly with all sorts of skill but yet to show it in the pro leagues.

• Upvote 2

• -SN- changed the title to [Trade] Nylander (Buf) traded to Chi for Jokiharju

Don't like the idea of giving up on Jokiharju so quickly, but I do like the potential for Nylander to turn into a bonafide top 6'er.

Also tells me Stan and his cronies are extremely high on Boqvist and Mitchell.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

Don't like the idea of giving up on Jokiharju so quickly, but I do like the potential for Nylander to turn into a bonafide top 6'er.

Yeah, that's exactly the first thought that came to my mind.  Jokiharju had promise so dealing him now definitely suggests the Blackhawks feel that Boqvist will be ready soon.

Also surprised the Sabres have given up on Nylander already but I guess they're pretty set up front.

Will be interesting to see what they do with their glut of RHD.  While Jokiharju is presumably NHL ready, he is still waiver exempt so I suppose it's possible the Sabres might not feel much pressure to make a trade for awhile.

Edited by EternalCanuckFan
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, skolozsy2 said:

With this trade, drafting Byram made more sense.

• Upvote 1

Man, I would have considered giving up Podkolzin for Jokiharju to be honest. He looked really good in his NHL stint and played very well in the AHL this year. Juolevi and Jokiharju could have been a great 2nd pairing for us. 

The Sabres have acquired Montour, Miller and Jokiharju in half a year and are now in a position where they can cash in on Ristolainen. How many RHD have we acquired?