The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

At least with Miller and Ferland, we should never see LE in the top 6 again... problem is where do you put him? Sutter-louiser on the same line is pretty weak physically, not an ideal shutdown line.

I really dont see room on this roster for him this season. I'd rather see anyone else get ice time

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, Davathor said:

At least with Miller and Ferland, we should never see LE in the top 6 again... problem is where do you put him? Sutter-louiser on the same line is pretty weak physically, not an ideal shutdown line.

I really dont see room on this roster for him this season. I'd rather see anyone else get ice time

Agree. Was thinking about this last night after his agent's recent comments, who said things are beyond a trade request. They're talking solutions now.

Everything's out in the open now, so I'm leaning toward him being moved. Only place for him would be third line but I don't see the room either.

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Bro, hes not playing in a Canucks jersey again.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, canuck2288 said:

Pretty laughable 

Guddy was pathetic and I am so glad he is gone. Pylon for a player and overrated as a tough guy

as for fighting don’t even go there little man behind his keyboard. Unlike you, I Have played and continue to actually play the game. I lost count of my fights... and suspensions 

like you know me, who is the imbecile? 

as for fighting don’t even go there little man behind his keyboard. - Your response makes you come across as ignorant.

lost count of my fights... - Why? Because you were always lying on the ice at the end?  :picard:

Internet tough guys like your response is making you look just isn't impressive.

Guddy is an actual tough guy who took on the toughest fighters in the NHL....not some beer league. You saying otherwise doesn't even matter.

Edit: I do agree that he was a pylon though.

Edited by Kanukfanatic
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, vannuck59 said:

The game has changed so get over it 4th line players are developing and are going to be 3 and 2 line players as they produce . Its a faster and more skilled game . If a player is better than his line he will move up .Opportunity to move up will always be there.  If Jake is capable to play in the top 6 he will play in the top 6. This year he will earn his spot too many players better right now.

I agree with Nazzy. If Virtanen is on the 4th line he is getting 10 minutes a game.

I hope he doesn't just get that. I hope he is on the 3rd line or higher and I expect he will be.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Deb, once you engage there is no end to the argument.  And once the "walls of text" start (which inevitably always do), I don't even bother reading because typically nothing is said that couldn't be said in a few lines.  a.k.a. "elephant hurling", often done with the intent of tiring the opponent so they stop responding and ostensibly "give up".  Your choice is either walk away or else engage for pages on end, going round and round in circles in an ultimate time-waster.

Sounds exactly like what hfcanucks is based on.

• Wat 1

1 hour ago, theo5789 said:

Being good on the dot often facing against the top competition is very good attribute. Prior to his injuries, not only was he good defensively, but he did have offensive upside. He's not big physically, but just like someone like Bergeron, you don't know need to be heavy to be a strong defensive center. His name has a little to do with it, but I think based on his play, he probably would've stood out anyway early in his career. The only reason why teams are hesitant in acquiring at this point is because of the injury concerns, so by having a decent year health-wise will take that concern away somewhat.

He looks to have a niche of being a 30-35 point 3rd line center that can take on the hard minutes and we just need to show that he still can be that guy to bring his value back up.

Well,  hopefully we get lucky with Sutter..  Or Perhaps Benning isn’t going to wait on luck anymore. ;) 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, debluvscanucks said:

My guess to Joe's comment is Loui & Sutter.  

I think it's Loui and myself - after all, we are all Canucks....

I think it is Loui and Tanev - a lot of people are talking about JV or Goldy as the "sweetener" needed to trade LE. I really think JB and team want to give both of those players another year to prove themselves....if so -  they don't have too many other "sweeteners" that they would be willing to give up....Demko maybe, but that is very risky as well. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, higgyfan said:

I agree completely.  I don't understand why people are objecting to the idea.  One of the things I like about Benning is his ability to move on from circumstances that aren't working out.

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned on this board, is the interview of Ferland (yesterday on SN650) where he talks about the meeting he had with Aquilini.  He said that Aquilin stated that he had told the management team that it was time to get back into the playoffs and JB was given the go ahead to do what was needed.  This information suggests that the owner is clearly in charge of the plan(s) and the manager is (quite brilliantly imo) adapting to these changes.

Aquilini has every right to deal with the Canucks any way he chooses.  I do give him kudos for his obvious love of the team and for always allowing his GM(s) to spend to the cap, if need be.

I have no problem with JB either.  If our team does make it into the playoffs within the next two years and can continue to develop into a contender, he will be looking like one of the better GMs in the league.

It’s an exciting year.

Hats off to F.Aquillini for being patient through this process,. Would not be so good with an owner like Dundon in Carolina.

Benning has us stacked down through the AHL and abroad, a fantastic time /development system is in place where nothing needs to be rushed and players can work on their potential and bring their “best to show” when ready.

Always wished to see the Utica Comets move to Renfrew St..  but those fans are the best, and I’d hate to see our prospects hounded by the Sports Journalists in this City.. most of them have a disease that spreads depression.

Wouldnt mind seeing an ECHL Team here though..  they have expanded west a bit.. Hell,.  if you can have the Alaska Aces,. You can have the “Vancouver Timber” ;) 

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

even if they pay 1 mil a yr of louie’s salary, there will be 5 mil in cap space saved. louie at 2 mil a yr, in actually cash might interest some team. 

Pay the complete 3 and a team like Ottawa might actually give something up to get him. When does LE’s next list of teams he would play for come out? On the 15th I think? 

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree. Was thinking about this last night after his agent's recent comments, who said things are beyond a trade request. They're talking solutions now.

Everything's out in the open now, so I'm leaning toward him being moved. Only place for him would be third line but I don't see the room either.

If Eriksson is not self embarrassed by this,.  He will be publicly shamed when he goes on the ice..  I don’t think he gets that.?

Collect the money and hide is not a way to live.

Edited by SilentSam

2 hours ago, SilentSam said:

I get the idea of trying to show some value in Sutter,. But even his play before his injuries was getting perimeter-like.

yes.. good on the dot.. but others are getting better.

He is tall , not that heavy or strong..  hopefully being off an entire year he is stronger than ever. 

I wonder sometimes if you were to replace that nameplate on his shirt with something other than Sutter.. does he stand out at all?

Lastnameitis is a common issue in hockey. Having been involved in minor hockey for years and seeing it right through to junior play, last names get you a lot of attention. Its jaded me and I always view a player with a last name with a grain of salt. They almost have to go over and above to show me something as I've all too often seen where they get unwarranted, special treatment based on their sperm donor. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1