The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Micheal Ferland

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 6:28 PM, Silver Ghost said:

I saw someone (i forget who) post on here that Edler seemed to step more into the role of calm veteran when the Sedins retired. I never really thought about thst but its sort of true really. 

If Hughes can progress into that top D and Myers can step up with more responsibility and opportunity as he claims he wants to, I really think Edler and Tanev for that matter could settle in even more and be more consistently effective when not stretched too far. Art least I hope so. And i hope it helps limit the injuries too.

Nothing wrong with Edler in a 2nd pairing -- ideally along with Tanev.  Have Stech and either of Myers or Hughes as the number 1 pairing, at least by the end of the year.  Most of us haters probably didn't pick up on the fact that when Salo and Bieksa went -- and then the Sedins -- Edler was tasked with a lot, probably too much.  Stecher has picked up his game, which is huge.  And Hughes and Myers will change the team's D completely. No more Pouliot and Biega eating up 20 minutes some nights.   Hutton too is gone, although I think he improved so much last year that I think if we could have kept him for less than he'd have gotten in arbitration this summer, he'd be here today, and much valued.  A shame he's gone really.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, gameburn said:

Nothing wrong with Edler in a 2nd pairing -- ideally along with Tanev.  Have Stech and either of Myers or Hughes as the number 1 pairing, at least by the end of the year.  Most of us haters probably didn't pick up on the fact that when Salo and Bieksa went -- and then the Sedins -- Edler was tasked with a lot, probably too much.  Stecher has picked up his game, which is huge.  And Hughes and Myers will change the team's D completely. No more Pouliot and Biega eating up 20 minutes some nights.   Hutton too is gone, although I think he improved so much last year that I think if we could have kept him for less than he'd have gotten in arbitration this summer, he'd be here today, and much valued.  A shame he's gone really.  

Ya...I mean....why not have a 3rd pairing D like Stecher and a rookie with 5 NHL games to his name play 1st pairing minutes.

I mean....what could go wrong?  :picard:

• Cheers 1