The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Dzingel to Carolina

7 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Tanev’s average defensively, decent physically, and an average scorer. Still doesn’t mean he should get 4 more years than Dzingel. Lol.

Pittsburgh probably played against him enough to feel it was worth it. He has a bit of a Roussel to his game. You're right that maybe the it's a bit much in term, but I think Tanev should look decent in Pittsburgh. I'm not as confident about Dzingel, but we will see.

It may have taken the term offer to get him out of Winnipeg too as 3.5 is probably right around where Winnipeg would've offered to him as well, but maybe they wanted to do a 4 year deal or something instead.

I wanted him more than Ferland due to his scoring touch and how he would better compliment Bo's line while playing a good 2-way game, but I am not complaining about Ferland. I just hope Ferland's injury history does not turn him in to Sami Salo or Tanman because Zinger has been improving every season (similar to Ferland I guess). He is going to make CAR even better next season which is not bad for a bunch of jerks. 

28 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

How is 3.38 million meh? For a guy who produced the same numbers as JT Miller who makes 5.25 and we gave up a first for :picard:

First, try reading the additional comments from  last page.

Second, Miller does one or two things Dzingel does not and has a FAR more consistent track record for production.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

First, try reading the additional comments from  last page.

Second, Miller does one or two things Dzingel does not and has a FAR more consistent track record for production.

Are those one or two things worth an extra 1.87 million cap hit and a first round pick.....

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

lmgtfy

16.2% of his 5 on 5 ice-time with Kucherov Stamkos

2 of his 27 even strength pts last season (7.4% of his 5 on 5 production) while playing with Kucherov and Stamkos.

Not “just” playing on a lien with them... playing on the same roster.

Miller would have had the easiest of opponents playing on a 3rd or 4th line behind crazy talent.  Playing against 3rd pairing D on Tampa is a lot different than Dzingel playing in Ottawa with little other forward talent ahead of him.

There is absolutely a risk of signing players form good teams who are stuck down the depth chart.  Their production could be artificially higher because of where they are playing.

No telling how Miller works out for us and Dzingel works out for Carolina... but someone pointing out the relative difference in rosters for comparison is perfectly reasonable.

• Wat 1

Agree with the general sentiment - very good terms for Carolina.

Another player that appears to prefer to expire prior to expansion, perhaps avoiding the possibility of not being protected - and getting selected?

Anyhow - I'd rather have signed Ferland - I think he's a better fit for what this team needs, but failing that, it would have been hard to pass on a deal like this for Dzingel.

Carolina though - it'll be interesting to see what happens there next year.

2 hours ago, Glug Datt said:

wow.. they continue to crumble

Columbus might get relegated to the AHL.. 

Nobody likes Torts. The guy is an A-hole.

I’ll never forget how he embarrassed Lui at the winter classic. The guy came off a gold medal win for Canada and was excited to play but gets benched. The crowd was all booing the starting lineup, I was in that crowd and also booing. It was so upsetting to see. 

That was the end of the best goalie in Canuck history....

Zero class Torts.

Edited by grandmaster
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Provost said:

Not “just” playing on a lien with them... playing on the same roster.

Miller would have had the easiest of opponents playing on a 3rd or 4th line behind crazy talent.  Playing against 3rd pairing D on Tampa

:wacko:

Surprise - your one-way mentality has oversimplified things - a signature of yours..

Players playing offensive roles in behind other great players can certainly benefit.

Players playing harder minutes down a lineup, facing opponents top lines = not so much.  Opponents have top lines of their own - and facing them, regardless of being on a contender, does not necessarily make it easier to produce.

MIler, Cirelli, Paquette, Killorn - regulars that were on the dzone start of the balance - facing opponent's top 6 - pretty weak to try to spin that as playing against "3rd pairing D".

I suppose Kucherov, Stamkos, Point et al were Tampa's matchup lines, right. 

Please.  Educate. Yourself.

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Are those one or two things worth an extra 1.87 million cap hit and a first round pick.....

Dzingle was a healthy scratch and in Tort’s doghouse, because he plays too soft on and off pucks.  He stays on the perimeter too much, and hurts his team.  Torts doesn’t bench players for playing good.  

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

:wacko:

Surprise - your one-way mentality has oversimplified things - a signature of yours..

Players playing offensive roles in behind other great players can certainly benefit.

Players playing harder minutes down a lineup, facing opponents top lines = not so much.  Opponents have top lines of their own - and facing them, regardless of being on a contender, does not necessarily make it easier to produce.

MIler, Cirelli, Paquette, Killorn - regulars that were on the dzone start of the balance - facing opponent's top 6 - pretty weak to try to spin that as playing against "3rd pairing D".

I suppose Kucherov, Stamkos, Point et al were Tampa's matchup lines, right. 

Please.  Educate. Yourself.

Exactly.  How will did Tavares and Marner do in the playoffs, when they played matchup minutes against the Bee’s top lines?  

• Upvote 1