The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which new player will have the biggest impact next season?

Rate this topic

48MPHSlapShot

Which UFA signing will have the biggest impact next season?  

210 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Simple question. Which of the new players entering the fold next season will have the biggest impact on the team? I'll add Hughes to the poll as well, as he only played 5 games last year. Also, I won't add any of the depth guys like Fantenberg for obvious reasons.

Edited by 48MPHSlapShot

I'll go with Miller, particularly if we face injuries to either Bo or Petey, and Miller will likely be the guy to step in and take the reigns as one of top 2 centers until whoever is injured returns. Hughes will undoubtedly have a big impact as well, but I can't help thinking that people are putting too much expectation on him this early. He's only in his draft +2. I'll be happy is he's able to net 30 points. Obviously I'd hope that he can improve on that as time goes on, but I can't help but feel that people are expecting a little too much of him right now.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Hughes, but I chose Ferland for the added physical presence he will have and the impact that'll have for the team and fans. 

Same.  He’ll help keep the EP headhunters at Bay. 

• Cheers 1

Whoops...picked too fast and did not realize Hughes was in there. I would have picked him.

From the new guys we just acquired, I picked JT Miller as I think that he would bring Horvat's game to a new level if he plays with him and both of them should get career highs in points.

• Upvote 2

I think our 5 on 4 will be as crazy as our 3 on 3 play if green let's them play, so in saying that, I think Hughes will be a handful

But, I think our team is going to be a handful, in a lot of positions...including goal

Watch for Jake, Miller, Ferland,  Benn, Rousell and Beagle to be bashing as well

Bo is just going to be a little bored being our captain

So, you ask who is going to have the most impact......it  is going to be hard to find one that  isn't 

• Cheers 3

Quinn Hughes! Offensively at least. I've gotten some (lots) of eye rolls when I say Quinn will put up 45+ points. Yeah, I know. It's a big number for a rookie. But, he's going to be exposed to a lot of offensive situations with one of the most explosive NHL players. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Voted JT Miller. Will play on the first line with Pettersson, or on the second line with Horvat. Really solidifies our top 6. And if there are injuries, or chemistry issues, he can play center in a pinch. I think JT Miller will really validate the trade for him. 

Almost voted for Hughes. He certainly has the potential to make the biggest impact. But I think our defense as a whole will be so much better--Myers, Benn, and Juolevi play into that as well. So I think Hughes will be sheltered as a rookie, and won't be counted on to play big minutes. If he gets 1st unit power play time, it's because he's too dynamic a player to be given a leash.

I think all of our signing will make have a positive domino effect in the lineup, i love our new depth :) 

But the player i think the player that will make a huge impact is Miller. I think him being a power forward with playmaking ability is great, he will create space for whichever line he plays on.

If he's on the top line, Petey will not have to look to pass first. We could potentially have two elite snipers on the top line with Miller feeding them the puck. 

if he's on the second line, we could see Bo crack the 30 goal mark and Pearson possibly hitting the 20 goal mark as well. 

• Upvote 1

Jodie benn, simply for his defensive play. We need a rock at the back end, he is the guy who can be counted on to shut down at key moments. IMO more so than Myers

Hughes will bring offense to our back end. But i don't think he will soar to become a 50-60 pt dman in his first year. Hope i'm wrong. but 20-30 pts is achievable.

Edited by Jetliner