The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Blue Jackets re-sign Sonny Milano

28 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Had no leverage after his terrible season & last week's shenanigans. 

Yep, signing a contract worth $874,125 will definitely teach him a lesson. 

I totally agree with you by the way, I just think it's funny that this happened on some level "You &^@#ed up, Sonny! Now go sign your contract worth hundreds of thousands and think about what you did!"

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, HerrDrFunk said:

Yep, signing a contract worth $874,125 will definitely teach him a lesson. 

I totally agree with you by the way, I just think it's funny that this happened on some level "You &^@#ed up, Sonny! Now go sign your contract worth hundreds of thousands and think about what you did!"

How am I supposed to support my family with only 900k? :mad: 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Monty said:

This reminds me of Latrell Sprewell’s quote on the 3 year $21 million dollar offer from the Timberwolves:

On October 31, 2004, the Minnesota Timberwolves offered Sprewell a 3-year, $21 million contract extension, substantially less than what his then-current contract paid him. Claiming to feel insulted by the offer, he publicly expressed outrage, declaring, “I have a family to feed If Glen Taylor wants to see my family fed, he better cough up some money. Otherwise, you're going to see these kids in one of those Sally Struthers commercials soon.

Sprewell turned it down and never received another NBA contract. Where is he now? Bankrupt.

Really sad what happened to Sprewell. Tells you that earning millions if not invested properly, doesn’t matter. Eventually will go broke and bankrupt. News on Sprewell recently or has he just gone off the map completely? 

Edit: he should’ve probably taken the deal that Taylor offered him at the time. LOL. That was one bad decision among many later on. 

Edited by N4ZZY

3 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

Really sad what happened to Sprewel

Zero empathy for that guy. Aside from the fact that he was a scumbag (see: choking his coach), that sense of entitlement clearly backfired on him.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Monty said:

Zero empathy for that guy. Aside from the fact that he was a scumbag (see: choking his coach), that sense of entitlement clearly backfired on him.

He was one of the worst out of a pretty bad era for NBA star behaviour.  For all complaints about today's athletes, the NBA between Jordan and LeBron was on another level.

Edited by King Heffy

8 minutes ago, Monty said:

I’m not talking about his entitlement. Though I do agree that his attitude and decisions really were odd behavior. There was clearly something not right in the head.