debluvscanucks

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

Recommended Posts

image.png

 

 

TYLER MYERS | #57

D | 6' 8" | 229 lb | Age: 29 | Vancouver Canucks
 
  • Tyler Myers
  • Born: February 1, 1990
  • Birthplace: Houston, TX, USA
  • Shoots: Right
  • Draft: 2008 BUF, 1st rd, 12th pk (12th overall)

Myers Stats.png

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 112 said:

Edler - Myers should by all counts be a great pairing.

Agreed. Tanev and Hughes.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I walk into my grandson's home arena (Trico Centre) here in Calgary I see the pictures of the previous Bow Valley Flames now playing in the NHL and I will now see the picture of Tyler Myers in a much different light. Still gonna sneer at Adam Lowry though.....unless the Canucks get him as well. :towel:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading a lot of scouting reports on Myers he does remind me a bit of Edler or Bieksa. The ability is evident but struggles with consistency. Myers with the right partner looks like a solid number 3 who can defend, play 20+ minutes per night efficiently and chip in points. With the wrong partner he is an absolute disaster defensively. 

Physically he can also bring it but it is few and far between (like with Edler). I don't think Myers is a 6 million dollar defenseman (the premium you pay in free agency) but can likely play well in the right situation and is a major upgrade over Gudbranson.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, canucklehead44 said:

Reading a lot of scouting reports on Myers he does remind me a bit of Edler or Bieksa. The ability is evident but struggles with consistency. Myers with the right partner looks like a solid number 3 who can defend, play 20+ minutes per night efficiently and chip in points. With the wrong partner he is an absolute disaster defensively. 

Physically he can also bring it but it is few and far between (like with Edler). I don't think Myers is a 6 million dollar defenseman (the premium you pay in free agency) but can likely play well in the right situation and is a major upgrade over Gudbranson.

I am not sure I would totally agree with you on the number value of his salary.  6 million over 5 years and no expansion protection is not unreasonable.  Time will tell.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 112 said:

Edler - Myers should by all counts be a great pairing.

That 13' of Dman there......

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

That 13' of Dman there......

raw

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really curious what becomes of Tanev, with Myers and Benn all aboard. This could possibly be the D in the near future:

 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Juolevi - Stecher

Fantenberg - Woo

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really curious what becomes of Tanev, with Myers and Benn all aboard. This could possibly be the D in the near future:

 

Edler - Myers

Hughes - Benn

Juolevi - Stecher

Fantenberg - Woo

Myers is not a top pairing d-man even with Edler.  If the Canucks have to use him as one, Markstrom can't have a slow first half start again and Markstrom would need to continue his second half form right out of the gate if the Canucks want a shot at the playoffs.

  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Myers is not a top pairing d-man even with Edler.  If the Canucks have to use him as one, Markstrom can't have a slow first half start again and Markstrom would need to continue his second half form right out of the gate if the Canucks want a shot at the playoffs.

Neither Edler Myers are top pair guys.  It will D by committee.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Myers is not a top pairing d-man even with Edler.  If the Canucks have to use him as one, Markstrom can't have a slow first half start again and Markstrom would need to continue his second half form right out of the gate if the Canucks want a shot at the playoffs.

But there are no top pairing D men there. It would have to follow the New Jersey model of Having a 2a) 2b) 2c) pairings. Except I don’t think we have a 2C pair as of this moment. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

But there are no top pairing D men there. It would have to follow the New Jersey model of Having a 2a) 2b) 2c) pairings. Except I don’t think we have a 2C pair as of this moment. 

Benn, Stecher isn't far off.

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/tyler-myers-canucks-facts

 

Quote

5. Nicknamed “The Big Easy”

The city of New Orleans will always be associated with the nickname “The Big Easy,” but Myers’ former teammates in Buffalo gave him the same moniker as a rookie back in 2009-10.

Even though it wasn’t totally original, Myers approved of the nickname.

“I like it,” he told ESPN back in 2010. “They can keep calling me that.”

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Myers = Chara

Ferland = Marchand

JT Miller = Bergeron :P (I know)

 

I see what you trying to do here JB...

 

All jokes a side, JB's putting the right pieces in place and you need these type of players to win.

Edited by nux4lyfe
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Really curious what becomes of Tanev, with Myers and Benn all aboard.

Also curious if we can make a spot for Tryamkin if he wants to come back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Neither Edler Myers are top pair guys.  It will D by committee.  

That rarely turns out well.  We better hope Quinn comes in on fire.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 87Crosby said:

But there are no top pairing D men there. It would have to follow the New Jersey model of Having a 2a) 2b) 2c) pairings. Except I don’t think we have a 2C pair as of this moment. 

...and with the Canucks' penchant to get bit by the injury bug, things could get ugly with the defensive play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

That rarely turns out well.  We better hope Quinn comes in on fire.

I can all but guarantee he will be our #1.  It's just up in the air as to whether it will be this coming season or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Edler has been the Canucks #1 Dman for 10 years. He never seems to get much respect. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.