The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

38 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Thw 

I read an article of theirs today. Assessing moves of ours. I stopped reading when they listed viranan as a center.

You sure it was The Hockey Writers?  I read everything they produce and that would have caught my attention.  Additionally, Zator, Kierszenblat and McLellan are pretty reliable when covering the Canucks.

Heres their recent output (in addition to the one linked above)...

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-buying-out-virtanen-right-move/

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-offseason-grades-2021-ekman-larsson-poolman/

Just now, Googlie said:

You sure it was The Hockey Writers?  I read everything they produce and that would have caught my attention.  Additionally, Zator, Kierszenblat and McLellan are pretty reliable when covering the Canucks.

Heres their recent output (in addition to the one linked above)...

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-buying-out-virtanen-right-move/

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-offseason-grades-2021-ekman-larsson-poolman/

Sorry it was canucks way. My overall pessimistic point still stands. You can sit around moping about tnn e negatives or you can look at the positives. 

This site is quickly turning into HF boards. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Sorry it was canucks way. My overall pessimistic point still stands. You can sit around moping about tnn e negatives or you can look at the positives. 

This site is quickly turning into HF boards. 

I think when things go poorly (bad losses or missing the playoffs), CDC does trend towards the HF Boards and it gets pretty brutal to be a part of it. 

The difference is that when the Canucks start doing well again, CDC brightens up considerably (overall) and the HF Boards still finds a way to be negative about it.

19 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think when things go poorly (bad losses or missing the playoffs), CDC does trend towards the HF Boards and it gets pretty brutal to be a part of it. 

The difference is that when the Canucks start doing well again, CDC brightens up considerably (overall) and the HF Boards still finds a way to be negative about it.

The thing is we havent done anything poorly lol. The season hasn't started yet. Entire opinions made up about a team no ones ever seen play. 

Good observation though AJ

Edited by 73 Percent

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

The thing is we havent done anything poorly lol. The season hasn't started yet. Entire opinions made up about a team no ones ever seen play. 

Good observation though AJ

I believe it's lingering from the missed playoffs of 2020-21. Given that the last experience of the Canucks playing hockey ended poorly, some fans are stuck in a negative mindset until we see actual results that change their mindset. If we start the season 4-0, the entire feeling will change.

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

Myers has looked great in preseason, overall I think he’s really underrated. 

I'm hoping he can keep it up against better NHL talent. It'd be great if he's good.

I think that our top 3 of OEL, Hughes, and Myers, might be the best top 3 we have ever had, talent-wise.  Hamonic and Poolman at their best will be very solid, defensive 4th and 5th options.  I am excited to see the progress of OJ, I am a bigger fan than most on here.  I think he will be really good all-around defenseman if given the opportunity.  Schenn is a warrior who can fill in anywhere.  Rathbone could probably use some time to dominate Abbotsford.  Overall I think this group has great potential to be much better than they most think. 

Go Canucks Go!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Goal:thecup said:

Big bleedin' legal hit on a legendary dickhead, wins ensuing fight, plus Coilers get the penalty = The Tyler Myers Hat-Trick!

He deserves all of L E’s signing bonuses for that beauty..   and on the perfect victim.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Cheers 2