Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

Honestly not sure Hamonic gets anything like that at this point on anything but a basement team with cap space. He may need to settle for a one year $1-$1.5m deal on a decent team. ESPECIALLY if he'd like to stay in Canada (and West ideally) as reported. But yes, that (or similar) would be ideal assuming we can pull it off.

 

We also don't want to be committing to two years given you rightly point out we likely want Tryamkin signed and playing in that spot in another year.

 

I simply threw Benn in there as he's who we currently have under contract. I'd be perfectly happy to have Hamonic or similar slot in there instead. And I do believe that's likely the plan if Benning can pull it off. Then have Benn as a spare or even waived.

I have been hearing Hamonic might be closely  linked to the Jets now.... Yes Tryamkin will add a good element to the back end...A big tough D man that can fill # 5 spot and move to # 4 with injuries... Imagine 6'7, 265 clearing the front of net making forward stay outside, long stick and he is aggressive..

We will have 2 big D man, Myers 6'8, 220 lbs, Tryamkin 6'7 260 lbs...

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, wildcam said:

I agree so exciting to have Schmidt top D man for 3rd round pick..Great great move by Benning....

If we get Ferland on long term that will free up 3.5 million... Try and trade Suttter retain 1.5 - 2 million? 

That would give us 5 million.. Go after Hamonic 2.7 million X 2 yr deal...Would add grit toughness and depth solid #4 guy...

 

Tryamkin will also sign after KHL contract so have to have cap space...So Tryamkin 1.5 million and Podkolzin entry level deal, in Vancouver by end of February...

LeBrun, Friedman are reporting that the league would like to re-start on 1 January.  The playoffs would start mid-May per Friedman with the Cup awarded latest 15 July given the Summer Olympics.  RFAs have to be signed a quarter into the season at the latest otherwise they won't be allowed to play for the rest of the season/playoffs.  That's early February and Tryamkin would miss the cut-off signing date.   Podkolzin is a 1st time ELC player and can be added at any time provided they have the cap space.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Tyler Myers lopes past an Alain Vigneault favourite and into 244th in all-time Canuck scoring

243.  Dave Richter D 127 4 19 23
244.  Tyler Myers D 72 7 15 22
245.  Rick Vaive RW 47 13 8 21
246.  Tanner Glass LW 140 7 14 21
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Tyler Myers lopes past an Alain Vigneault favourite and into 244th in all-time Canuck scoring

243.  Dave Richter D 127 4 19 23
244.  Tyler Myers D 72 7 15 22
245.  Rick Vaive RW 47 13 8 21
246.  Tanner Glass LW 140 7 14 21

And he's just 1 point behind another D man who had very similar physical attributes to Myers for his day.  Also a player that I was very pumped about the Canucks acquiring at the time, for just that reason, although his time with us didn't  last as long as I had hoped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Captain Canuck #12 said:

And he's just 1 point behind another D man who had very similar physical attributes to Myers for his day.  Also a player that I was very pumped about the Canucks acquiring at the time, for just that reason, although his time with us didn't  last as long as I had hoped.

I was a little too young to remember Richter, although I think I remember my dad complaining he had stone hands.  Not sure if that was apt or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I was a little too young to remember Richter, although I think I remember my dad complaining he had stone hands.  Not sure if that was apt or not.

Yes, very good for punching, not so good for puckhandling.  But that's why I was so happy for the Canucks to have acquired him at the time!B)

Edited by Captain Canuck #12
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/19/2021 at 8:42 AM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

It seems like he may be starting to play with more aggression and be more of a leader in that way than he used to be.  I think maybe maturity is starting to set in for him (or at least I hope).

He was the best player on the ice for the Canucks last game. Let's hope he keeps it up, because he showed in the bubble that he can be a huge difference maker. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

He was the best player on the ice for the Canucks last game. Let's hope he keeps it up, because he showed in the bubble that he can be a huge difference maker. 

yep great when he punched t puke in the face , then calgary scored on the pp yep that was the huge difference in the game, just the worst timing to take that penalty 

  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, the grinder said:

yep great when he punched t puke in the face , then calgary scored on the pp yep that was the huge difference in the game, just the worst timing to take that penalty 

You have to say Tkachuk has a face every one would like to punch :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/18/2021 at 11:42 PM, Captain Canuck #12 said:

It seems like he may be starting to play with more aggression and be more of a leader in that way than he used to be.  I think maybe maturity is starting to set in for him (or at least I hope).

With leadership and maturity should come an understanding of how demoralizing bad penalties are to your entire team. 

 

I don't know if Myers/Roussel think they're motivating the team with these untimely penalties they keep taking but they're not helping that's for sure. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, the grinder said:

sure there is but not at that the time of the game 

I agree but I'm glad he did it, the game was over any way, maybe Virtanen should have grabbed him or Roussel. Man we're lacking in physicality

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Fanuck said:

With leadership and maturity should come an understanding of how demoralizing bad penalties are to your entire team. 

 

I don't know if Myers/Roussel think they're motivating the team with these untimely penalties they keep taking but they're not helping that's for sure. 

Agreed. It's one thing if Tkachuk just took out Hughes with a dirty hit. It's another if he's just irritating you in your face. They should learn when it's a worthwhile penalty to take and when you're just grabbing the bait that Tkachuk is so good at dangling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, -AJ- said:

Agreed. It's one thing if Tkachuk just took out Hughes with a dirty hit. It's another if he's just irritating you in your face. They should learn when it's a worthwhile penalty to take and when you're just grabbing the bait that Tkachuk is so good at dangling.

All true, but some times you look at the clock and think if I don't do i now, I might never get another chance. Any way t's over but maybe the after effect might last

Link to post
Share on other sites

In a perfect world this guy gets suspended for the duration of his contract

 

What an absolutely horrendous player, and at a cheap rate of only 6 million a year!

 

Thanks again Jimbo.

 

PS. Positions aside, I'd rather have Loui in the lineup than this guy

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had nothing wrong with the hit, shoulder to chest, it's just that every time Myers hits someone he's so big that it's going to look dirty and the head's probably going to be involved. Head was definitely not primary contact. Those other stupid interference penalties were bad but the Armia hit was what this team needs.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The hit was slightly blindside and predatory...but at the end of the day...seeing Tyler Myers play with an edge is great. When we got him the slight was that he wasn't mean and was a gentle giant....now, imagine Tryamkin comes back and has a bit of an edge...or, We add a bigger meaner D man ?

 

You can't have undersized players without guys like Myers stepping up and being a mean sob to have them thinking twice. 

 

I am willing to bet Benning and Green are both Exstatic with the way Myers has been using his size and the added mean streak to his game regardless of penalties. Perhaps he may need to put it away to avoid the box so we can actually win some games, yes.

 

 

The reason we're losing isnt Myers. It's a big step back in terms of defense and goaltending. Edlers a year older and Tanev was greatly under rated. It's back to growing pains for the Canucks. 

  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

I had nothing wrong with the hit, shoulder to chest, it's just that every time Myers hits someone he's so big that it's going to look dirty and the head's probably going to be involved. Head was definitely not primary contact. Those other stupid interference penalties were bad but the Armia hit was what this team needs.

That’s why the refs looked at it and still gave him a 5 minute major?  Armia is 6’3”. So you can take the big man argument out of the equation. This was a predatory hit on an unsuspecting player engaged with 2 other Canucks at the time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, qwijibo said:

That’s why the refs looked at it and still gave him a 5 minute major?  Armia is 6’3”. So you can take the big man argument out of the equation. This was a predatory hit on an unsuspecting player engaged with 2 other Canucks at the time. 

From what I saw Myers did everything he could to come around and put shoulder to the chest, guys shouldn’t be protected from physical play by turning there back to the opposition.  I was fine with the play and the call as he did get some shoulder to face.  Will be disappointed in the league if Myers gets significant supplementary discipline when McD can clearly board Hughes without a whisper from the media or league   

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...