The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

18 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Not sure about Meyers trade restrictions if any. Bottom line is that he will be quite tradeable in 2-3 years if the depth catches up to him. I generally like his game. I do think there will be a coaching change for Baumgartner this summer. The back end is to disorganized. Some of these d-men might play a much better game with more structure. 

Myers has a 10 team no trade list but I have no idea as to who they would be.

Personally; with Tree out of the mix, I would very much like to see him protected. The Canucks do not have much size or toughness on the back end and his departure would IMO make it even worse.

I am OK with keeping Green on but I do agree that Baumgartner should be let go. Not sure who would be available to replace him at this time but many names could come up as possibles once the seasons in the AHL and NHL come to an end.

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I have to disagree about leaving Myers exposed in the expansion draft. Pretty sure he will be protected and that is why they traded for Madison Bowey as he fulfills the expansion requirement of having a D under contract that meets the criteria. Both Edler and Hamonic are UFA's and may well re-sign with Vancouver so that leaves Myers, Schmidt and Juolevi as the most likely D to be protected. The only other prospect of note would be Brisbois as he is an RFA

I believe you're right in that he will be protected. I'm just not sure if that's the right decision.

24 minutes ago, Fred65 said:

Before we get excited about who's in and who's out here's the list of defensman UFA this summer

2021 NHL Free Agents Tracker | Spotrac

Lol.......

Del Zotto

Pouliot

Connauton

Sbisa

Schenn

Biega

Hutton

Hamonic

Benn

Gudbranson

Edler

Can't say that JB hasn't left many stones unturned trying to find some depth defencemen......

17 hours ago, -AJ- said:

He's having a good year, but even then he's not worth $6M. Never mind that the contract goes on for another three years. Unless he ages well (the deal takes him through his early 30s), the contract could look pretty bad in a year or two.

I think it might be a good idea to leave him exposed, but

a) I'm not sure if Seattle takes it (they might given his better year)

b) we would need to replace his top 4 minutes

I think its a win-win if we expose Myers. Cause then A) we get an extra spot to for another player OR  b) Myers is gone, we get an extra 6 million and I am 100% we can find Dmen (plural) to fill Myers' spot. 

8 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

oy. Not a lot to get excited about there on the right side. We don't have the cap space to go after Hamilton, and Myers is better than the rest of that list. 

Any one of Hamonic, Savard or Larsson to play with Hughes I'd be fine with.

12 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Myers has a 10 team no trade list but I have no idea as to who they would be.

Personally; with Tree out of the mix, I would very much like to see him protected. The Canucks do not have much size or toughness on the back end and his departure would IMO make it even worse.

I am OK with keeping Green on but I do agree that Baumgartner should be let go. Not sure who would be available to replace him at this time but many names could come up as possibles once the seasons in the AHL and NHL come to an end.

How about Trent Cull?  Brad Berry, headcoach of UND and former NHL defenceman?

Edited by bigbadcanucks

8 hours ago, aGENT said:

Any one of Hamonic, Savard or Larsson to play with Hughes I'd be fine with.

I'm with you on Hamonic or Savard, but hard no to Larsson, he's a chronic under performer, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm with you on Hamonic or Savard, but hard no to Larsson, he's a chronic under performer, I wouldn't want him anywhere near us. 

I agree. Living off his draft stock from ages ago, not unlike gudbranson.

• Vintage 1

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

He gets a bad rep for the trade that brought him to EDM/expectations IMO. People figured for who was traded out, he should be a good two way, top pair D... That's just not his game. He's a physical, defensive, 2nd pair guy, not a top pair, two way guy.

Similar to Hamonic or Savard.

There's pros and cons to each. Savard is oldest and will likely be the most expensive but is probably the best of the three. Larsson is youngest but probably the least physical.

Hamonic is kind of a happy medium. Given his desire to play in Western Canada, you'd also hope he's the cheapest. He also already has some built in familiarity/chemistry with Hughes. So he's probably plan A (I'd hope).

But any will work IMO.

Edited by aGENT

6 minutes ago, aGENT said:

He gets a bad rep for the trade that brought him to EDM/expectations IMO. People figured for who was traded out, he should be a good two way, top pair D... That's just not his game. He's a physical, defensive, 2nd pair guy, not a top pair, two way guy.

Similar to Hamonic or Savard.

There's pros and cons to each. Savard is oldest and will likely be the most expensive but I'd probably the best of the three. Larsson is youngest but probably the least physical.

Hamonic is kind of a happy medium. Given his desire to play in Western Canada, you'd also hope he's the cheapest. He also already has some built in familiarity/chemistry with Hughes. So he's probably plan A (I'd hope).

But any will work IMO.

I think Larsson probably asks for the most $ but we'll see. Plus &^@# that guy for taking a cheap shot at Hughes. Lame. Shows a lack of character. 

I'd really prefer Hamonic as the value option, Savard if we have the cap space. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think Larsson probably asks for the most $ but we'll see. Plus &^@# that guy for taking a cheap shot at Hughes. Lame. Shows a lack of character. 

I'd really prefer Hamonic as the value option, Savard if we have the cap space. 

Lol, yes, yes (re: Hughes). I don't think he liked Pearson working him over and then taking the retaliation penalty :lol:

I'd prefer those options first as well. But as the Stones say...

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Googlie said:

THW pretty much given up on him.  They make good points ......

https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-tyler-myers-trade-potential/

How does this team continually make these errors of judgement ?

Myers, Ericksson, Beagle, Holtby, Schmidt, Virtanen, and lest be honest Juolevi is close. Even Ferland was a damaged player that 90% of fans were aware of his injury situation. It just goes on and on. I understand that many players don't want to play on the West Coast and don't want to pay Cdn taxes, so it's not easy. But it seem to me Other Cdn teams do a better job of it.

• RoughGame 1