The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tyler Myers l #57 l D

-DLC-

Playing with Edler has a lot to do with these stats - including high d zone starts % - but he’s been good in his own right as well. 

Edit: Edler and Myers actually have 60% o zone starts so far, so tweet seems incorrect. 

Edited by J-P

• 2 weeks later...

He only has three points so far, but I don't think that's indicative of how he's played. He's always active and always mobile out there, and I think Myers impact has been overall much greater than what is point total would indicate. He's forcing teams to open up, allowing the forwards to get better looks.

Just wanted to show Myers a bit of love. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

So, I just stumbled upon this and thought this was cool. 

Apparently Tyler Myers has a maternal half brother named Quentin Grimes (born in 2000, so 10 year age gap between the brothers) who is a top ranked basketball prospect. If Quentin Grimes makes it to the NBA, Tyler Myers and Quentin Grimes will become the first sibling pair to have one brother play in the NHL and the other in the NBA which is pretty cool.

If only Vancouver had an NBA team again.................

Sportsnet covered the story here: https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/brothers-tyler-myers-quentin-grimes-ready-make-nhl-nba-history/ 

• Like 1

Not here to complain about the Myers signing, but he's had a stretch of really bad games in his own zone, and that's before the OT gaffe he had tonight.

It should be strictly Edler, Hughes, and maybe Stecher or Tanev in OT. Having Myers out there in OT makes no sense. There's no use for a 6'8 guy who isn't very agile in 3 on 3 situations. If the NHL was strictly a 3 on 3 league, Myers would not be in the league. That's not to say he's a bad player in the league now, it's to say he isn't a 3 on 3 player.

If we use Myers properly he could be incredibly effective. In fact I think his offensive value is significantly underrated.

Edited by Grape
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Grape said:

Not here to complain about the Myers signing, but he's had a stretch of really bad games in his own zone, and that's before the OT gaffe he had tonight.

It should be strictly Edler, Hughes, and maybe Stecher or Tanev in OT. Having Myers out there in OT makes no sense. There's no use for a 6'8 guy who isn't very agile in 3 on 3 situations. If the NHL was strictly a 3 on 3 league, Myers would not be in the league. That's not to say he's a bad player in the league now, it's to say he isn't a 3 on 3 player.

If we use Myers properly he could be incredibly effective. In fact I think his offensive value is significantly underrated.

Funny I would say the same about Edler

• Wat 1

18 hours ago, Grape said:

18 hours ago, Cup2022 said:

Funny I would say the same about Edler

Edler. One of if not the best Canuck D we have had.  But yeah....you....some guy...says he isn't good enough for 3 on 3.

Haha....good god....:picard:

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edler. One of if not the best Canuck D we have had.  But yeah....you....some guy...says he isn't good enough for 3 on 3.

Haha....good god....:picard:

Not what I said and Eddy is not the best d we have ever had top ten though lol

Just now, -AJ- said:

He's #1 at this point in my books. 

On the topic of Myers, I read an article today from PITB about how the Myers-Edler pairing have some of the strongest advanced stats in the league right now.

Is that a pairing where the sum of their parts makes them better than individually?  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edler is just top ten eh?  :picard:

dmen.PNG.34a0ab6751b611cbde62de346612b387.PNG

:frantic:

Look at games played makes my point ohlund was better lumme Salo jovanovcki you are welcome to your opinion mine is that Eddy is behind them and Reinhart Eddy racked up points in an era that had no one to bump him down the line up. Real good player just not in my top three for skill