The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

1 minute ago, ItsMillerTime said:

Neal had one bad year and will be a great fit with McDavid. I have no idea why the Flames want Lucic....

Yeah and he doesn't have to be protected. Really doesn't make sense unless there is more involved coming from Oilers side. 

Could Benning have possibly worked out a deal to send Eriksson to CGY for Neal? Maybe VAN would have to add a small piece, but so what? Or is this really all about CGY's insecurity with their team toughness, after seeing what VAN has done?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Aspie said:

Depending on how much money Edmonton retains I’d say it’s a win for Oilers.

I'd say so as well, but if the Oilers have to add a 2nd round pick then it becomes more fair.  We'll see how both players do next year.  I think Oilers got tired of Lucic's contract and the Flames got tired of being run over by Lucic and Oilers (and Guddy in that one game) all of last year. 

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Could Benning have possibly worked out a deal to send Eriksson to CGY for Neal? Maybe VAN would have to add a small piece, but so what? Or is this really all about CGY's insecurity with their team toughness, after seeing what VAN has done?

I don't think other teams especially those who are far above and beyond Vancouver in the wins department would be as insecure or envious of Vancouver as is being suggested on here.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I don't think other teams especially those who are far above and beyond Vancouver in the wins department would be as insecure or envious of Vancouver as is being suggested on here.  

Then why would the Flames make such an insane move?  They got seriously bent over here.  This makes no sense from the Calgary POV.  

• Upvote 2