The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Loui wouldn't waive for Edmonton, not much he could do. 

But would he have waived for Calgary? Much better team. Calgary doesn't need an Eriksson though if they're looking for toughness. 

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Miss out on what? Slow useless pylon that has another year more than the slow useless pylon we're trying to get rid of?

Missed out on Neal

14 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Well, this is cool, now CGY will suck this year too. Good news for Canucks fans!

Ya, because Neal was the engine driving the ship for the Flames last year. 

Both of these players suck and have awful contracts, but losing Neal and replacing him with some toughness, even if it's incredible slow and talentless toughness, is an improvement. Neal brought absolutely nothing to a team that didn't struggle to score, Lucic will at least make some players around the league think twice about taking runs at their top guys. 

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Then why would the Flames make such an insane move?  They got seriously bent over here.  This makes no sense from the Calgary POV.  

Looch must have waived his NMC entirely. If thats the case it might make some sense but if all they're getting is a slightly cheaper Lucic and a mid-round pick I don't really get it. I suppose Tkachuk not being a physical difference maker in the playoffs could be part of it?

I swear tho, some part of me thinks Benning and Treliving have a side deal going. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Hearing 

Calgary fans are POed.  They are asking why the Flames didn’t sign Ferland, who is a really good player, instead of getting Lucic, who is getting paid twice as much, and who can’t skate.

As much as I wanted him for LE, I most definitely would say Neal is the better of all 3 players in question. Coilers win this trade.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Looch must have waived his NMC entirely. If thats the case it might make some sense but if all they're getting is a slightly cheaper Lucic and a mid-round pick I don't really get it. I suppose Tkachuk not being a physical difference maker in the playoffs could be part of it?

I swear tho, some part of me thinks Benning and Treliving have a side deal going. 

Side deal?

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

So Edmonton moves out Lucic and a conditional pick and retained salary?

Ouch.

its a good deal for them - they went from a contract that was impossible to buy out to one thats only 1.9 mil per year in cost, if it comes to that. I guess we'll have to see what the retention amount is but they didn't pay much to move that contract. And they kept Puljularvi who they might yet be able to turn into a recovered pick. 

• Upvote 1

so... the Lames/Soilers biggest moves this off-season was exchanging garbage players? LOL!!!

Talbot for Smith, Lucic for Neal. 

bold moves being made in Alberta! HAHAHAHA

the Canucks will be better than both teams next season. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

What does hitting have to do with speed? Have you even seen him play the past 2 seasons? He can't score, he can't skate, he can't pass, he can't keep up with teammates. He only scored 2 goals in the entire calendar year of 2018. Plus he gets paid too much for a year longer than Eriksson. Cool he can hit and fight, that's also what Gudbranson was here, do not need a redux.

No, Gudbranson was a total useless player. He never really hit and he never fought or stood up for his team mates that were being bullied on the ice (like EP).

Stop saying he can’t skate. You can’t deliver a league high level 300 hits without skating. Lucic’s plus minus was also better than LE. The only thing LE has was his skill at the PK which would have been outdone by Lucic’s job in front of the net on the PP.

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Just watch Eriksson get traded to Calgary and Lucic traded here. I wouldn't doubt it, Jimmy.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

No, Gudbranson was a total useless player. He never really hit and he never fought or stood up for his team mates that were being bullied on the ice (like EP).

Stop saying he can’t skate. You can’t deliver a league high level 300 hits without skating. Lucic’s plus minus was also better than LE. The only thing LE has was his skill at the PK which would have been outdone by Lucic’s job in front of the net on the PP.

No seriously, he can't skate...lucic has that many hits only because the opponent would stop the Oilers play and transition and run into lucic while lucic is still stuck at center ice :bigblush:

• Haha 3