The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Trade) Lucic + Conditional 3rd to Calgary for Neal

Pears

7 minutes ago, Brouhaha said:

I wish the best for both players.. it must feel bad to go from being sought after to having teams actively try and get rid of you. Tough on their families too, no doubt. Best of luck to both. 

They’re making millions.....

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you have to admit tho, it would be a very Benning thing to do. 

Huh?

How so?  Don't be silly.  :picard:

Edit: unless JB trades Loui to Calgary for Lucic at 50%.  I would actually do that deal. Get rid of the 6m cap hit the next 3 years. Take on a 3m cap hit for 4 years for Lucic who could play a 3rd line role - 3m for a 3rd liner is fine. 

Edited by Kanukfanatic

Don't think Flames would consider this move if they didn't think Neal was done. He sure looked done last season.

Feels like a lose-lose kinda deal to me. I'd rather deal with Loui than getting involved with other team's failed FA signings (with worse contracts).

• Upvote 1

This might actually help bith teams and players. Or hurt them both a lot. I feel more comfortable that Neal has a rebound in him more than Lucic but who knows.

Calgary really did need some toughness tbh. And Edmonton needs a proven scorer. Its a bad situation for both but makes sense on the surface too.

I am saying Benning won this trade by a landslide though. It also takes two difficult contract dumps off the market clearing the way a bit more for an Eriksson deal. 

• Cheers 2