The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

BFHL 2020/21

Master Mind

Just now, Art Vandelay said:

SJ, if my memory is correct. I just remember the crowd going crazy. Then super dead quite when Vegas tied it up in the last minute. 

Ah, yes.  I watched as well.  

Mind blowing game!  I thought you were at the arena...

25 minutes ago, Art Vandelay said:

Ha! I’ve never even been to a NHL game!

Its fun if you are a fan in the upper decks for crowd interaction.  But otherwise uneventful. But I've been to all the Canadian arena's for a game except Montreal. And WJC's in Ottawa 2008.  Hodgson, Tavares, Eberle, PK Subban, Erik Karlsson was there but I did not see Sweden play :(. Plus games in Detroit & Minny. 

I had front row seats for the old Jets play to play in Vancouver. Mogilny versus Selanne. Just behind the goal. The speed at ice level was jaw dropping!  Those guys stood out, mesmerizing. Men against boys, no one could stop them! Mogilny could make a subtle adjustment in his hips flying up ice at top speed, almost unnoticeable. Move 10 feet from left to right in a blink. And the puck 15 or 20 feet as he shifted.  He left the same defenceman, Darryl Shannon by memory, looking like he had been rag dolled, tripping over more than once.  Selanne was even faster, but not as slick. That's the best I got. 

I think @Master Mind see's a lot of the junior age stuff?  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I think @Master Mind see's a lot of the junior age stuff?  

Live I see more junior games. Cheaper, no travel, and sometimes I'll see a player I coached before.

I've been to a few NHL games, including this beauty:

Surprised to hear @Art Vandelay's never been to a game. You gotta go to at least one!

• Upvote 2

I love going to junior games. I got to see Alex Newhook a bunch last year. The Victoria Grizzlies are a great team to watch with lots of talent. Tickets are super cheap ($16!) and imo junior A is just as fun to watch as major junior. Lots of talent again on the roster this year including Jayden Struble who is an absolute workhorse and some other new 17 year olds to watch for next year's draft. Then there's Royals who I find rather dull to watch. They have never developed a 1st or even 2nd round pick into the NHL. Tickets also tend to be a bit more expensive too. However the bigger arena is nicer. I plan on going to at least 5 Royals games this year. But still, I'd much rather see a Grizzlies game. I'll most likely go to 5 or 6 grizz games this year again.

Last time I went to a Canucks games was probably 11 years ago. Never been since we moved to Vic.

Edited by Baer.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve lived my whole life on the Island and it’s alot more difficult to go to Canucks games than one might expect. Ferry is just as expensive as the ticket! No late late Ferry either. So my parents never took me. 

I had spent most of my money on my education after moving away from home. I have the time and money to go now... But I think I just enjoy watching in the comfort of my home?

Edited by Art Vandelay

I've only been to 4 NHL games myself in 17 years of watching.

Canucks - Kings 2003 - We blew the Pacific Division on the last day of the season.

Leafs - Senators - 2010

Canucks - Hawks Game 3 2011 (In Chicago. Must have been the only Canucks fan anywhere near my section)

Canucks - Jets 2017

I go to watch the Glasgow Clan on occasion and while the atmosphere is quite good the quality of hockey is awful.

Think I’ve been to 3 Canucks games.

Countless upon countless Jets games (season tickets).

Some Moose games.

Quite a few University of North Dakota games.

Got season tickets this year to the Winnipeg Ice.

• Upvote 1