The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom vs Bobrovsky

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Markstrom vs Bobrovsky  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I do have the advantage with an undergraduate degree in Mathematical statics and a L.L.B. and currently practice contract law.

I would try to be friend you before you ever thought to beat me up I'm not your usual math geek. I played university hockey through my undergraduate years I'm a jock and a geek all wrapped in one

You practice contract law?   Don't contract lawyers pride themselves in proofing their content?   And what exactly are "Mathematical Statics"?   Mathematical elements that don't move?

Contract law is near and dear to my heart.   You will therefore also be familiar with the term Ab Absurdo.    That and most certainly Restitutio In Integrum.    You will get what I mean.

:)

10 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You practice contract law?   Don't contract lawyers pride themselves in proofing their content?   And what exactly are "Mathematical Statics"?   Mathematical elements that don't move?

Contract law is near and dear to my heart.   You will therefore also be familiar with the term Ab Absurdo.    That and most certainly Restitutio In Integrum.    You will get what I mean.

I'm a contract lawyer not an English major we have those guys working in the office to prove read our stuff

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I'm a contract lawyer not an English major we have those guys working in the office to prove read our stuff

Great to have another contract law type here. 

Tell me, in any language you choose, the key latin terms about time and strength of law that underpins all of contract law and is what is drummed into your head during your studies.   That and tell me how you interpret Foakes v Beer in terms of implications for athletes who are in breach of contract.

16 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

And yes they are Latin terms, hahaha

And no

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Tell me, in any language you choose, the key latin terms about time and strength of law that underpins all of contract law and is what is drummed into your head during your studies.   That and tell me how you interpret Foakes v Beer in terms of implications for athletes who are in breach of contract.

To easy I could wikipedia it if you are truly a contract lawyer then we are colleges and we could meet up it would be fun discussing this stuff in person and then I can show you my office the office is far better prove.

Just now, Arrow 1983 said:

To easy I could wikipedia it if you are truly a contract lawyer then we are colleges and we could meet up it would be fun discussing this stuff in person and then I can show you my office the office is far better prove.

Nope, you cannot Wikipedia either of those questions.    Here is one with ZERO hits on Dr. Google.  Tell me why you think Johnson v Agnew is destined to be overturned.   No need to meet to hear your thoughts on that.   Doesn't require trading Marky either. :)

On 7/23/2019 at 1:01 AM, Arrow 1983 said:

I will answer back in a question, is Bobrovsky's resume actually impressive? IMO no not even close I would argue he is the product of his environment not a product of pure talent.

Vezina says hi. Oh wait, he says hi twice. 

Edited by Moose Nuckle
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The latin terms, you put me to work on this one a bit. It has been more then 10 years since leaving school,

A fortiori, if I recall the meaning is, an arguement from a stronger reasoning, if one fact is true a related fact is true as well,

It is used by contract lawyers to avoid redundancies, example if a illistrastion in a contract describes a method that same illistration can be used as to prove a related type of illistrastion, or at least a reference or a point of beginning.

It works along side the term de lege fernanda, meaning the law as it should be and de lege lata meaning, the law that is.

The time one is tricky you could be referring to a few terms here, the one I think you are referring to is,

Longitudinem tempus, length of time, it refers to the notation, that the law does not stand still, it is constantly in flux and continually moving, it comes in to play at multiple times, an expression of a contract, for example, a contract that has set term limits will usually include articles to allow for a change in definitions or procedures , due to the change of law.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

The latin terms, you put me to work on this one a bit. It has been more then 10 years since leaving school,

A fortiori, if I recall the meaning is, an arguement from a stronger reasoning, if one fact is true a related fact is true as well,

It is used by contract lawyers to avoid redundancies, example if a illistrastion in a contract describes a method that same illistration can be used as to prove a related type of illistrastion, or at least a reference or a point of beginning.

It works along side the term de lege fernanda, meaning the law as it should be and de lege lata meaning, the law that is.

The time one is tricky you could be referring to a few terms here, the one I think you are referring to is,

Longitudinem tempus, length of time, it refers to the notation, that the law does not stand still, it is constantly in flux and continually moving, it comes in to play at multiple times, an expression of a contract, for example, a contract that has set term limits will usually include articles to allow for a change in definitions or procedures , due to the change of law.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Dr. Google thanks you (if you recall....well played!).    Good job Sparky, good job.   :lol:

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

What is happening right now?confused will ferrell GIF

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Folks vs Beer in laymens terms ...happy hour drinking GIF

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/22/2019 at 11:01 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

I will answer back in a question, is Bobrovsky's resume actually impressive? IMO no not even close I would argue he is the product of his environment not a product of pure talent.

Maybe I missed something... 2 Vezina trophies and you're throwing shade on his resume?

• Cheers 1