The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Markstrom vs Bobrovsky

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Markstrom vs Bobrovsky  

173 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I am just staring my day and see the Canucks played and Marky has another crappy game letting 2 goals in.   Gotta move him - right?

Demko 1 Marky 0

Demko should really get 10pts  STL way better then SJS

But you know got to give Marky a fighting chance he is older you know

2 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

I don't know why they keep him around, I'dtrade him now but truth is probably wouldn't get more then a 7th round draft pick

What did team and fave Lack get again?  Think there was a 3rd in there somewhere too...I'm sure that 20 teams would be happy to swap number ones right now, Markstrom in a "real" trade would give us a first plus - that's what happens with these guys when they are on.   

As far as the OP goes.  I think enough people have stressed the two Vezina trophies in four years time... Markstrom personally has been a different player the past 13 months and counting.  Another steal last night, he was the difference maker in the win for sure.   We are truly blessed that we have two goalies that are doing for right now.  Take away Demkos 7 goal shellacking and he's doing great for a 24 year old rookie goaltender.

Ive fear mongered a lot about the  almost fact that signing JM to a long term deal means Demko won't get his shot to be out number one, either the ED or the contract will take that away from us....but one thing I won't do is bet against JB because he's made a fool of me enough where I know when to stand down.  (No EP, no Hughes).   

Ideally we keep them both, to do that the cost will be high - but not as high and desperate as the Bobrovsky deal.   And on that.   He's got a history of great seasons followed by so so ones - wouldn't bet against him in the long term either.   Florida has a very well balanced team both upfront and on defense.  If and when they also get the goaltending over the next 6.3 years they will challenge come playoffs every single time.  CLB didn't have Panarin his first Vezina ... really they didn't have much at all other then him. 

the poll questions are a little muddy.

s Markstrom worth as much as Bobrovsky?   If its, has he earned, based on his experience and results on the ice so far, no bloody way. 

Worst contract?  Sure Bobrovsky is one of the most overpaid if you take into consideration the term, but that's not unusual. And doesn't really have anything to do with the main point.

The last two questions, how each would have performed on each other's teams last season?  Who knows?  Markstrom is playing at his peak, but on a more developing team. Last year without the improvements on the blue line. Very well possible that they'd each have similar numbers.

7 hours ago, IBatch said:

What did team and fave Lack get again?  Think there was a 3rd in there somewhere too...I'm sure that 20 teams would be happy to swap number ones right now, Markstrom in a "real" trade would give us a first plus - that's what happens with these guys when they are on.   

As far as the OP goes.  I think enough people have stressed the two Vezina trophies in four years time... Markstrom personally has been a different player the past 13 months and counting.  Another steal last night, he was the difference maker in the win for sure.   We are truly blessed that we have two goalies that are doing for right now.  Take away Demkos 7 goal shellacking and he's doing great for a 24 year old rookie goaltender.

Ive fear mongered a lot about the  almost fact that signing JM to a long term deal means Demko won't get his shot to be out number one, either the ED or the contract will take that away from us....but one thing I won't do is bet against JB because he's made a fool of me enough where I know when to stand down.  (No EP, no Hughes).   

Ideally we keep them both, to do that the cost will be high - but not as high and desperate as the Bobrovsky deal.   And on that.   He's got a history of great seasons followed by so so ones - wouldn't bet against him in the long term either.   Florida has a very well balanced team both upfront and on defense.  If and when they also get the goaltending over the next 6.3 years they will challenge come playoffs every single time.  CLB didn't have Panarin his first Vezina ... really they didn't have much at all other then him. 

Wow that is one of the longest post I have seen when the other guy that being me was just joking around didn't think anyone would actually take that seriously.

That was just me joking around with rob