The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames Sign Sam Bennett

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

Ferland will teach him a few pointers. His speed is exceptional. When he puts it together, he’ll be a top power forward in the game. He’s only 22 years old.

I really do hope he can put it together but i just havent seen enough to think he will become a top 6 forward. He lacks hockey iq and plays too comfortable, dont think he has it in him. 

Eventually calgary will take a chance on him thinking he might get back to his calgary hitmen days.

9 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

$7.4 mil remaining on 22 contracts, with Rittich and Tkachuk to sign.  Rittich will add a bit in the swap of Gillies, but doubt $7mil gets it done with Tkachuk unless they do a bridge.

Jonathan Willis the other day wrote that Frolik, Brodie and Hamonic figure prominently in trade rumours - they are 1 year away to free agency.

Tkachuk in February talked about how Matthews taking a 5-year deal set a new bar.  Points' agent referenced how that contract set new options - he's also Aho's who signed that 5-year offer sheet that will bring him to free agency by 26.

Treliving talks about how the definition of the bridge has somewhat changed.  Players are going for shorter but big dollars which is not necessarily what teams have in mind when they think bridge.

Tkachuk can be a free agent in 4 years and will be arbitration eligible as of next year.

Rittich filed for arbitration - his hearing is scheduled for the 29th.  They will have a 48 hour buyout window that opens 3 days after all their arbitration contracts have been settled.  They might want to use that buyout window and it might still not be enough.

7 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Cuz Virtanen sucks...couple more seasons and team will give up on him

Don't post crap like this without substance, please.  "You think" he sucks, but you don't speak on behalf of the team.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Don't post crap like this without substance, please.  "You think" he sucks, but you don't speak on behalf of the team.

What’s the problem if he thinks that way? Freedom of speech anyone? 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

What’s the problem if he thinks that way? Freedom of speech anyone? 

It’s a Canuck’s board, that’s the problem.  Comments like those could be viewed as intending to rile up the other posters here, no?  

It sure has me riled.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

It’s a Canuck’s board, that’s the problem.  Comments like those could be viewed as intending to rile up the other posters here, no?  

It sure has me riled.  

People can love the same team you do and have different opinions on players. No?

5 minutes ago, Screw said:

People can love the same team you do and have different opinions on players. No?

Actually no.  Love implies overlooking fault in others.  Hence “love is blind”.  This very negative comment about Jake is an indication of a fan who likes the Canucks, but likes another team more.  This fan probably is a Nylander and Ehlers fan.  Two way overpaid players, who contribute negative value to their respective teams.  Two little Smurfs, who do nothing but cry and hide when games get tough.  I’d much rather have a Jake for 1.5 million, that either of those two floaters.  

2 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

Ill say what i wanna say. If u dont like it thn thats ur problem. Dont care how u feel about it or anyone else.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Ill say what i wanna say. If u dont like it thn thats ur problem. Dont care how u feel about it or anyone else.

Just spitballin' here, but might be that you would get more leeway if you post it as your opinion as in "I think Virtanen sucks" rather than a statement "Virtanen sucks".  Perhaps back it up with some reasoning?   Then again, keep it up and you may get banned regardless.   

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, skategal said:

Just spitballin' here, but might be that you would get more leeway if you post it as your opinion as in "I think Virtanen sucks" rather than a statement "Virtanen sucks".  Perhaps back it up with some reasoning?   Then again, keep it up and you may get banned regardless.   

Why does it matter that i said he sucks?

In my opinion thats how i feel about his game. A wasted 6th overall pick for a guy that should have been a late 1st to 2nd round pick.

This board babys the hometown kid too much. If i said "Loui Erikkson sucks" nobody would give a F.

• Upvote 2