The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Flames Sign Sam Bennett

26 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

Why does it matter that i said he sucks?

In my opinion thats how i feel about his game. A wasted 6th overall pick for a guy that should have been a late 1st to 2nd round pick.

This board babys the hometown kid too much. If i said "Loui Erikkson sucks" nobody would give a F.

People say waaaaay worse about LE.  Go check out that thread.  Lots of statements to police there.

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Why does it matter that i said he sucks?

In my opinion thats how i feel about his game. A wasted 6th overall pick for a guy that should have been a late 1st to 2nd round pick.

This board babys the hometown kid too much. If i said "Loui Erikkson sucks" nobody would give a F.

Timrafan does not agree with this statement.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, mll said:

Rittich filed for arbitration - his hearing is scheduled for the 29th.  They will have a 48 hour buyout window that opens 3 days after all their arbitration contracts have been settled.  They might want to use that buyout window and it might still not be enough.

Would expect they'd want to keep Rittich, but also that they'd be able to trade one of the aforementioned for something.  Think they'd really turf a Frolik, Brodie, or Hamonic for nothing but a buyout?  Surely someone would flip them a pick for one of them, even if they had to retain the difference versus a buyout.

On 7/25/2019 at 8:06 AM, Alflives said:

It’s a Canuck’s board, that’s the problem.  Comments like those could be viewed as intending to rile up the other posters here, no?  

It sure has me riled.  

So, Eriksson, Raymond, Ballard, Megna, Gudbranson and Pouliot suck then it’s ok? 

2 minutes ago, ktcy2 said:

So, Eriksson, Raymond, Ballard, Megna, Gudbranson and Pouliot suck then it’s ok? 

Go to another team’s board and choose a hot button player, and simply write that player sucks.  Jake is actually a very solid player, who is a positive contributor - considering his contract.  To say he sucks, is a clear attempt to rile up most of our fan base.

players on other teams are fair game to say they suck.  It’s a Canuck’s board.  We love our team, and hate others, no?  

23 hours ago, Hutton Wink said:

Would expect they'd want to keep Rittich, but also that they'd be able to trade one of the aforementioned for something.  Think they'd really turf a Frolik, Brodie, or Hamonic for nothing but a buyout?  Surely someone would flip them a pick for one of them, even if they had to retain the difference versus a buyout.

Hamonic & Brodie, yeah. They would have to have some value. But they do have prospects who could slot in to these positions. Still? Pretty big shoes to fill.

I can see them letting Rittich hold out. He probably wants something approaching a starters salary.  When he's not really? They wont sign him till Tkachuk is on paper. LOL Tkachuk's dad was legendary for being a #&%$! Demanding what he felt HE was worth with no thought for his team..

Buy out Michael Stone. It saves $2.33 mill.  Sweat Rittich until he signs a show me deal around, or under, $2 mill.  

2 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Hamonic & Brodie, yeah. They would have to have some value. But they do have prospects who could slot in to these positions. Still? Pretty big shoes to fill.

I can see them letting Rittich hold out. He probably wants something approaching a starters salary.  When he's not really? They wont sign him till Tkachuk is on paper. LOL Tkachuk's dad was legendary for being a #&%$! Demanding what he felt HE was worth with no thought for his team..

Buy out Michael Stone. It saves $2.33 mill.  Sweat Rittich until he signs a show me deal around, or under, $2 mill.  

I like how hard Sam Bennet plays.  He’s worth that contract.  Tkatchuk will not cave like little Johnny did.  I don’t see Tkatchuk signing until the very last moment before his season is done.  Even then, he still might not sign and go play in Europe for the rest of the year. 

On 7/24/2019 at 11:14 PM, Me_ said:

Ferland will teach him a few pointers. His speed is exceptional. When he puts it together, he’ll be a top power forward in the game. He’s only 22 years old.

Very good point Me. Miller should help Jake reach another level as well. Can't wait to see how this team develops as the year unfolds!

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I was pretty proud of this post when I wrote it?

$2.75 mill...

What do I know?  :P

23 hours ago, rekker said:

Very good point Me. Miller should help Jake reach another level as well. Can't wait to see how this team develops as the year unfolds!

I don't get this whole "teaching" thing Virtanen had mentors that could have made him a better player it's the coach and The Sedins. Yes the Sedins aren't power forwards but if you can't learn and become better players following the example to Henrik and Daniel then it's not a problem of mentorship but the Virtanen himself 

1 hour ago, iinatcc said:

I don't get this whole "teaching" thing Virtanen had mentors that could have made him a better player it's the coach and The Sedins. Yes the Sedins aren't power forwards but if you can't learn and become better players following the example to Henrik and Daniel then it's not a problem of mentorship but the Virtanen himself 

What's not to get? Players are people and they will learn a lot by watching and emulating others, especially others that are real good at way they do. Especially watching others that have refined a craft they themselves are trying to improve at.