The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Ryan Callahan, 2020 5th-round pick to Senators for Mike Condon, 2020 6th-round pick

6 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Purely speculation but:

-grossly overpaid 

-massively underperformed 

-brings very little to the team that an ahl minimum salary player can't replace 

-bad attitude 

-won't waive ntc

Like I said,  I'm just speculating here::D

send him to the ECHL and if he doesn't report suspend him

• Cheers 1

Let's get this Eriksson thing out of the way.

Benning has carefully rebuilt the team, and Eriksson, albeit not the offensive dynamo he was suppose to be, is a great defensive player, and one

every competing team needs......at 6M...no, but he is not useless to Benning. So I don't think he is going to be shipped out unless there is something useful

coming back. ( I think we need to stop whining about Loui, he will be here until there is a deal) which could be any time in the next 3 years.

As for his comments.....I like a lot of other CDC did not like it, but honestly, it wasn't anything, a lot of us do it at work on a regular basis. Green has heard 

it before...….and as a former player, has most likely whined some himself...…...move on

The only reason to move Loui is the cap savings, and if it costs us, or we don't get something decent back, then it ain't happening...….

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If he isn't (and doesn't approve of a trade) traded before training, it'll be interesting to see how the situation plays out.

Probably 10-12 mins a night on the 4th line and pk, 25-30 points depending on injuries to players above him on the depth chart

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Probably 10-12 mins a night on the 4th line and pk, 25-30 points depending on injuries to players above him on the depth chart

Perfect fit in Utica that sounds about right.  He can teach the art of non-contact stick checking to the other forwards.  

Edited by Borvat
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

So I don't think he is going to be shipped out unless there is something useful

coming back.

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Doubtful

Who are you two taking out of the lineup for him? Motte? Leivo?

Sorry, don't see him here without a barrage of injuries. Particularly as he'd be a constant distraction to the team, which they don't remotely need. He's either traded or in Utica.

Edited by aGENT
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, aGENT said:

Who are you two taking out of the lineup for him? Motte? Leivo?

Sorry, don't see him here without a barrage of injuries. Particularly as he'd be a constant distraction to the team, which they don't remotely need. He's either traded or in Utica.

I'd say it depends on how those two play, but it'll likely be a rotation of some kind.  My bet is on Leivo though. 

I think it's almost a guarantee that he's in Van to start the season.

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

I'd say it depends on how those two play, but it'll likely be a rotation of some kind.  My bet is on Leivo though. 

I think it's almost a guarantee that he's in Van to start the season.

You'd sit Leivo to play Eriksson....?:blink: What in Gordie's name for? The constant media distraction?

Edited by aGENT
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You'd sit Leivo to play Eriksson....?:blink: What in Gordie's name for? The constant media distraction?

gotta throw TSN 1040 a bone since they lost the broadcast rights. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not necessarily. There are still several "Loui for crap" options with Ottawa, if thats the way Jim wants to go.

I still like my Eriksson, $2m retained + Goldobin (or similar value asset) for Boedker proposal. Have to think something along those lines is quite doable...assuming Eriksson realizes it may be a crappy NHL team like OTT, or likely the AHL if he doesn't smarten up and waive.

1 hour ago, mll said:

Callahan will be on IR all season with a degenerative back condition and his contract is likely insured.  Condon was 3M in salary.  

Tampa signed McElhinney in free agency to a 2-year deal and already had Domingue as back-up.  Condon is probably heading to the AHL (- they've traded Connor Ingram earlier in the summer) and will have a residual cap hit of 1.325M on Tampa's books.  

Given how close they are to the cap they probably felt it was better to move Callahan and take the hit for Condon then use LTIR - from earlier this summer:

I think we have a winner! There's no way the Sens do that trade if he wasn't insured. The swap is for a 5th and 6th Callahan is done Even if he isn't done, he'll probably pretend he's done so he doesn't have to play for the Sens :emot-parrot:

Edited by Noseforthenet